guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I've heard the argument for always carrying, because that way nobody can say you were targeting anyone. I carry when I go to a known crappy area.

Schools, churches, shopping malls and movie theaters are where all the mass shootings keep happening, so logic would seem to dictate that one should carry in those places. Of course, virtually every mass shooting in the last 50 years has occurred in a "gun free zone" so I guess logic has to take a back seat to placating whiny liberals into a false sense of security.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Schools, churches, shopping malls and movie theaters are where all the mass shootings keep happening, so logic would seem to dictate that one should carry in those places. Of course, virtually every mass shooting in the last 50 years has occurred in a "gun free zone" so I guess logic has to take a back seat to placating whiny liberals into a false sense of security.

LET ARM KIDS!!!!

Oh wait, its the kids that are shooting up the schools..

Nevermind.

TOS.

Work safe or not at all.

Churches? Christians aren't afraid of dying because they're going to heaven when they do. No need for a Christian to own a gun.

soberups

LET ARM KIDS!!!!

Oh wait, its the kids that are shooting up the schools..

Nevermind.

TOS.

Here's a better idea: instead of banning guns within 1000 feet of a school....lets ban guns within 1500 feet of a school! That will keep those pesky lunatics and mass murderers from hurting our children!

bbsam

Staff member
LnNqyYg.jpg
Now we're getting somewhere. It's not the guns that need to be tracked, it's the gun owners mind. So we need a national database that tracks the websites visited, the emails received, the Google and yahoo searches. And then tracking library access, medical history, and constant updates to criminal background checks and we'd have a good start. Remember, it's not the gun, it's the individual.

Years ago tracking millions of individuals would have been simply a radical science fiction. Today it's a matter of parameters the NSA enters into a computer. And hey, we'd even be keeping an eye on the illegal gun owners because again, it's not about the gun, it's about the individual mind.

bbsam

Staff member
Here's a better idea: instead of banning guns within 1000 feet of a school....lets ban guns within 1500 feet of a school! That will keep those pesky lunatics and mass murderers from hurting our children!
Have you not been around lunatic parents at a.sporting event or enraged parents in a principals office? No, guns definitely do not need to be in that atmosphere.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Because as you've shown here, former vets are the most stable and discerning folks around.
I would trust vets 100 X more than non vets.

And how many mass shooting in the last 10 years were done by vets that weren't Muslim?

None.

soberups

Have you not been around lunatic parents at a.sporting event or enraged parents in a principals office? No, guns definitely do not need to be in that atmosphere.
Im going to agree with you that enraged lunatics dont need and shouldnt have guns in schools.

Unfortunately, enraged lunatics dont always obey the law and all too often they wind up bringing guns to schools anyway.

Where you and I differ is in what needs to happen after the enraged lunatic makes the decision to break the law by bringing the gun to school.

You believe its best for unarmed victims to be murdered. I believe its best for armed parents and teachers to have the means to fight back.

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So you think that school principals and sporting event officials should be able to defend themselves ?

soberups

Something I have never been able to figure out about most liberals( and I consider myself to be one on most issues) is this; they tend to dislike and distrust the police, yet at the same time they firmly believe that the police are the only ones who should carry guns. Odd.

BrownArmy

Bernie Sanders wants to 'bring us to the middle' on guns

..."If somebody has a gun and it falls into the hands of a murderer and the murderer kills somebody with a gun, do you hold the gun manufacturer responsible? Not any more than you would hold a hammer company responsible if somebody beats somebody over the head with a hammer. That is not what a lawsuit should be about," Sanders said Sunday.

But he touted several other votes, pointing to his support for banning semi-automatic weapons, for instant background checks for gun owners and for doing away with loopholes that allow buyers at gun shows to skirt some regulations.

He said there's a major difference between Vermont, a rural state with little gun control where hunting is a way of life, and cities like Chicago, where guns are used by gangs.

"Folks who do not like guns is fine. But we have millions of people who are gun owners in this country -- 99.9% of those people obey the law," Sanders said. "I want to see real, serious debate and action on guns, but it is not going to take place if we simply have extreme positions on both sides. I think I can bring us to the middle."

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Something I have never been able to figure out about most liberals( and I consider myself to be one on most issues) is this; they tend to dislike and distrust the police, yet at the same time they firmly believe that the police are the only ones who should carry guns. Odd.
Actually if you look at polling most Americans including liberals believe citizens, not just police, should be able to own guns. Most Americans also believe in some form of regulation on gun ownership. As usual though it's the absolutists with extreme views one way or the other who get the most attention and polarize an issue that most people are in the middle on.

When it comes to trusting the police, I find it more odd that ultra conservatives distrust government, but seem to fight tooth and nail to defend them whenever an issue involving police brutality arises.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Not all Liberals. I carry, I believe strongly in the death penalty, and I'm very happy when some dirtbag gets offed before he/she gets the chance to kill or injure a law-abiding citizen. I respect the police, and a few bad apples don't make the 99% who are out there risking their asses for us.