guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The "judge" knows nothing of the law. Our military aren't allowed to carry inside our borders for a reason; our founders would not approve.
Incorrect.

Our military is not allowed to perform law enforcement within our borders; that is the job of a civilian police force. There is no Constitutional prohibition against military personnel carrying weapons solely for the purposes of self defense. Our founders would roll in their graves at the idea of trained soldiers being denied the right to protect themselves from criminals.

bbsam

Staff member
Incorrect.

Our military is not allowed to perform law enforcement within our borders; that is the job of a civilian police force. There is no Constitutional prohibition against military personnel carrying weapons solely for the purposes of self defense. Our founders would roll in their graves at the idea of trained soldiers being denied the right to protect themselves from criminals.
I say we should stop speaking for the Founders since they'd be as divided as the rest of the country on these most divisive issues.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Did you read the article? I'm looking at this part, specifically:

The website lists several variations of the quotation, featured on two pages, and says staff "have not found any evidence that Thomas Jefferson said or wrote" those words.

Then Duane Tigner says : "Many of these quotations are circulated and reposted on social media or appear in chain e-mails," he said via e-mail. "Every time I see one of these bogus quotes, I call it out as fake."

To call it out as fake, one would need to have PROOF that he, in fact did not say it
. The first part of the article says they haven't found any proof he said it. That's a far stretch from calling it a fake quote.

Nice try.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
11781730_10204352810932745_7923646692100236441_n.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How so ?
Since you have no idea what pictures I used .

I dont need to. First, I accept your hatred for blacks, second, I accept your hatred for muslims, third, I accept your hatred for hispanic immigrants and and ACCEPT your acknowledgement that you have in your possession, RACIST "items" whether they be pictures, symbols or whatever, YOUR admission that in your trailer park, you have "racists" Items says all I need to know.

Time will tell when you go beserk at the calling of the "dog whistles" aimed at keeping you stuck on stupid.

TOS.

bbsam

Staff member
Did you read the article? I'm looking at this part, specifically:

The website lists several variations of the quotation, featured on two pages, and says staff "have not found any evidence that Thomas Jefferson said or wrote" those words.

Then Duane Tigner says : "Many of these quotations are circulated and reposted on social media or appear in chain e-mails," he said via e-mail. "Every time I see one of these bogus quotes, I call it out as fake."

To call it out as fake, one would need to have PROOF that he, in fact did not say it
. The first part of the article says they haven't found any proof he said it. That's a far stretch from calling it a fake quote.

Nice try.
Yes I did read the article. I posted the article to illustrate that in the Internet era, not everything we think we know of the founders is accurate.

And do I have to prove that Thomas Jefferson never said "Negro women make great lovers." in order to call that quote a fake?