hall: This Should Be Our Best Contract Ever.....HANDS DOWN!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Re: best contract?!

So should we be like everyone else and assume it sucks before we know what is in it ?

Perhaps we should wait and actually see all the details of whats in it before we decide how we are going to vote. There are still some Locals working out their Supplements, I imagine that and the lawyers converting the wording into confusing language that will be used against us is the reason nothing officially has been published yet. There is still an official brownout of info to the best of my knowledge. I haven't seen anything that says everybody will be thrown into Central States Healthcare, it there are no co-pays for current members that would suggest major changes right there.

bbsam

Staff member
Re: best contract?!

This reminds me of the humancentipad episode of South Park.

So should we be like everyone else and assume it sucks before we know what is in it ?

That would probably be the better course of action. If UPS is giving something up, what are they getting in return and is it worth it to the membership? Mr. Hall did not walk in one day, make the UPS brass wet themselves and walk out smelling like roses. And then when every union steward on here starts the cheerleading, it's time for people to be suspicious.

GameCockFan

It's not available yet.

Even if TDU had a "leaked" copy.... they would have it posted on their website, already criticizing it.

I'd like to know how that is possible....

The next step will be for the IBT to schedule a 2-man meeting with the Locals.

After that, the Locals will schedule a meeting with their membership. If you are that interested....

I would suggest you attend. Don't make excuses for not being there.... and then come here and complain.

-Bug-

I received a copy from my local in the mail. Pretty much says what was posted here. Pt starting pay $10 unskilled $11 skilled. $3.90 over 4 years for full time. No mention of longer progression.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I received a copy from my local in the mail.

Post a picture.

That's what I thought.

5cawc8.jpg

-Bug-

Re: Concessions with record profits?????? are u serious hoffa and Hall?

Holy :censored2:! Buy stock? That's perfect! I'll be sure to tell all the rookies who just made probation to buy up UPS stock, and to stop whining about their paltry wages. "Want more money? Buy UPS stock!", I'll tell them. I mean at $9.50 an hour, and at about 20hrs a week, that'll get them what? 1 share a week? Not bad. And it'll even leave them around $70 for the week to spend on gas, food, bills and you know...other luxuries!

Wish I had thought of that...<jerkoff motion>

No one is saying we want a 72% raise ala Scott Davis, you people. Hell, no one believes we're deserving of it. But signing off on a contract that mirrors the last, even with the knowledge that the company profited in the BILLIONS because of OUR work, is friend'ing stupid.

If you vote "yes" on this deal, you're accepting the bare minimum, while squandering all our bargaining power. And for 5 years. 5 YEARS! And what happens if the next 5 years aren't as kind? If UPS is offering a lateral proposal when they're profiting in the BILLIONS for nearly a decade, what will they give us when the company is LOSING MONEY?

Use your damn heads.

My, my...such harsh rhetoric. Go back and read my original post junior. As long as you think UPS profits in the billions based "solely" on the work of the rank and file, you will never be satisfied with this or any contract. I'll say it again,.... invest if you want to share in the profits. One share a week? Why not. You probably aren't old enough to remember the "Thrift Plan" days are you Junior. Six bucks a week max investment and I know drivers who walked away with six digits. Time and compounding interest ..it's a beautiful thing. Do I think the part time starting wage is too low...yep. Sounds like that was addressed in the new agreement. Do I think the drivers deserve a raise... absolutely... especially the productive ones. A fair days work for a fair days pay. Oh $30 plus and amazing health insurance coverage must not be fair enough. Pleeeeez

frateshkr

Can we get management to take a month off? You can do a hell of a lot more damage with a briefcase than with a gun. If that is in the contract it's a big yes vote.

twoweeled

Uh... the details that have been leaked have been very favorable to the Teamsters. Remember, just a few weeks ago UPS was proposing NO wage increases, contributions of $90 (and rising by 10% annually) toward health care & a $500/$1000 annual bonus to be used toward rising health care costs. Obviously UPS never anticipated such offer would come close to ratification but given how quickly this deal was constructed, and more than three months before the current deal expires, there should be little doubt toward the validity of rumors that major shippers such as Amazon were threatening to walk.

Regardless of your feelings, at surface, what was agreed to is a stunning victory for us. It's almost as if there will be a catch -- e.g. an increase to the FT wage progression -- for it to be true. I'll reserve final judgement until I see the offer in full.

Of course these are all just opinions here, but I see this far from being a stunning victory for us. Maybe for the company, but not for us. Consider we have heard of nothing, but the good stuff! Who knows when the bad is revealing itself! Even the good, isn't enough for me to rave about. No, the stunning victory appears to be more for the company, than us.

twoweeled

It continues to baffle me, that I have heard no one else voice any concern over the ability to discipline from electronics. Brothers, if the company gains the ability to discipline from electronics, WE WILL BE DROPPING LIKE FLIES!! They will be firing drivers like there is no tomorrow. Sure many of them will be the typical 2-3 months off, and the offer to return to work with NO backpay. Then the local boasting how they got your job back, while you lose 15K - 20K. I hope we didn't give up the electronic discipline ability!!