Hammertime for SW Florida

bacha29

What do you mean "the 20 years you would need to get to full retirement?"
I kind of thought this would go over your head. Full retirement age is 67.Let's say you're 47 and there's a job offer on the table. A job that you might be able to work until full retirement and still be in existence in 20 years. So what do you do? Do you hang around at FDX waiting until the last dog's hung just to get a few months worth of severance and unemployment cash at a time when Fat Freddy is doing everything he can get away with to divest himself of so called "legacy costs" or do you beat it out the door as fast as you can leaving the door flapping in the breeze?

bacha29

1- My wife of 46 years and I own a 4/2 pool home 3,500 sq ft in a gated community - 12 minutes from the Atlantic Ocean- it is worth approx 600,000 - in California it would cost 2 million 2 - None of my pension and investments are taxed by the state - we have no state income tax 3- I will live longer as my State did not allow any business to force vaccinated- Proud to be a Floridian
With homeowner insurers bailing out of Florida as fast as they run you'll need a lot of pension and investment money just to pay your insurance premiums....if you can somebody even willing to write you a policy.....Just too much rain, too much heat, too much hurricane, too much humidity, too much mold, too much rising ocean levels, too much air conditioning to keep the place livable as people run from one air conditioned building to the next just to survive.

In fact a couple of months ago I read a report containing qualified opinions stating that the migration to the warmer climates is slowing dramatically due to the conditions I've stated. In the future the highest population growth will occur in the Midwest and New England .

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
With homeowner insurers bailing out of Florida as fast as they run you'll need a lot of pension and investment money just to pay your insurance premiums....if you can somebody even willing to write you a policy.....Just too much rain, too much heat, too much hurricane, too much humidity, too much mold, too much rising ocean levels, too much air conditioning to keep the place livable as people run from one air conditioned building to the next just to survive.

In fact a couple of months ago I read a report containing qualified opinions stating that the migration to the warmer climates is slowing dramatically due to the conditions I've stated. In the future the highest population growth will occur in the Midwest and New England .
New England? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 hilarious. Highest taxes in the country. Blow on, Mr know it all.

bacha29

When your state has a budget surplus, it means it is collecting too much in taxes from its citizens. But go ahead and brag if it makes you feel better
Sure if you want lower taxes you have to be willing to accept fewer public services. Sure they are some DeSantis lovers in Florida but both his views and his political career died when it couldn't even get out of his home state.

vantexan

I kind of thought this would go over your head. Full retirement age is 67.Let's say you're 47 and there's a job offer on the table. A job that you might be able to work until full retirement and still be in existence in 20 years. So what do you do? Do you hang around at FDX waiting until the last dog's hung just to get a few months worth of severance and unemployment cash at a time when Fat Freddy is doing everything he can get away with to divest himself of so called "legacy costs" or do you beat it out the door as fast as you can leaving the door flapping in the breeze?
Apparently can't ask you to clarify. Was wondering if you were talking about company retirement plans or Social Security.

Would seem a no brainer to me. Take the job offer and leave. If you're 47, especially if you have a family and a mortgage, you don't hang out for unemployment when bills need to be paid now.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

People who practice the climate change religion are so funny. What's the new date for the end of the world? Seems to keep getting pushed forward.

Godzilla55

Attachments

• IMG_5488.png
    IMG_5488.png
    828.1 KB · Views: 3

SmithBarney

Actually from the tourists - we do not have a state income tax and our sales tax is 6 1/2 in most part of the state
Property tax.... lived there for years until recently, property tax there, 6k a year, where I am now about 1/4 of that, for about the same value property. But guess if you live in a trailer, you can save $

bacha29

Not to mention the snow storms and Nor Easter’s one after the other
According to the US Census Bureau....Vermont gets the least amount of federal funding. Only 4.9 billion which comprised only 12.7% of it's state budget. Florida on the other hand came in fourth at 58.8 billion which funded 19% of it's total state budget. DeSantis likes to brag about his state's fiscal health. Can't help but be doing good given how much federal funding support it's getting.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
According to the US Census Bureau....Vermont gets the least amount of federal funding. Only 4.9 billion which comprised only 12.7% of it's state budget. Florida on the other hand came in fourth at 58.8 billion which funded 19% of it's total state budget. DeSantis likes to brag about his state's fiscal health. Can't help but be doing good given how much federal funding support it's getting.
Medicaid accounts for the largest amount of federal funding dollars going to the states, and is federally mandated.

So, states that are running a federally mandated program should be criticized because they receive federal dollars?

Give me a break.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You left out the part where if you factor in per person average funding, Florida places last in federal funding support. Amazing how facts can be skewed, isn’t it?

oldngray

nowhere special
A lot of federal money goes to military bases. Vermont kind of lacks those.