Has Obama Just Insured A 2nd Term?

klein

Für Meno :)
Here, this was just released this morning :

US taxes among lowest in the world

By many measures, Americans pay less than most other developed nations

Think you pay too much in taxes? It could be worse. You could be living in Denmark.
As you send your hard-earned cash off to the good folks at the Internal Revenue Service, a new report by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development may help take some of the sting out of writing that check.

The Paris-based group that tracks the economies of 34 nations found that the burden on U.S. taxpayers is just about the lowest in the developed world.

More.....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — Standard & Poor’s cut its ratings outlook on the U.S. to negative from stable while keeping its Triple-A rating on the world’s largest economy. “More than two years after the beginning of the recent crisis, U.S. policymakers have still not agreed on how to reverse recent fiscal deterioration or address longer-term fiscal pressures,” said Standard & Poor’s credit analyst Nikola G. Swann. U.S. stock futures plunged on the news, with Dow industrial futures falling 167 points.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Obama is probably pacing the floor, yelling at his people, "DO SOMETHING!" But the people he chose to advise him are all his cronies and lawyer friends. They haven't a clue. Maybe he should've picked some experts. His numbers should drop even lower now.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Fact: only 8% of his administration has worked in the private sector.
So who is going to guide him ?
Besides according to MrFedups all polls are meaningless and false.

klein

Obama is probably pacing the floor, yelling at his people, "DO SOMETHING!" But the people he chose to advise him are all his cronies and lawyer friends. They haven't a clue. Maybe he should've picked some experts. His numbers should drop even lower now.

Fact: only 8% of his administration has worked in the private sector.
So who is going to guide him ?
Besides according to MrFedups all polls are meaningless and false.

Since he can't get approval from the reps for any tax increases.
He needs to concentrate on cutting medicare/aid and SS for those that have already enough money, or those with richy pensions or other incomes, and can pay part or all of it themselves.
He needs to cut about 2 Trillion from those services.

Just think both Bush Senior and Junior are both getting an SS check. It's their entitlement, and I'm sure they enjoy "free" extra money like everyone else does.

moreluck

golden ticket member
That "free extra $$$" is money that you paid into a fund all of your working life. I'm getting some "free extra $$" myself. I took it early just in case either 'it' or 'I' wasn't around.

Maybe Obama should appoint you as the newest Czar for his budget planning.

Since he can't get approval from the reps for any tax increases.
He needs to concentrate on cutting medicare/aid and SS for those that have already enough money, or those with richy pensions or other incomes, and can pay part or all of it themselves.
He needs to cut about 2 Trillion from those services.

Just think both Bush Senior and Junior are both getting an SS check. It's their entitlement, and I'm sure they enjoy "free" extra money like everyone else does.

Can you prove either of those men draw a SS check? I really doubt either one does, both of them have an annual income that far exceeds the max a person can earn and draw SS, the same applies to medicare/caid. Did you clear that post with MrFedEx?

Last edited:

klein

That "free extra $$$" is money that you paid into a fund all of your working life. I'm getting some "free extra $$" myself. I took it early just in case either 'it' or 'I' wasn't around.

Maybe Obama should appoint you as the newest Czar for his budget planning.

Stop spewing your crap...Free Money??? I will never get all the money that our govt has taken out of my pay for SS.

Fact :

Social Security is paying out more now, then it takes in (someone is getting "free money"), or not ?

Medicaid part B, that was implemented while the US was running a deficit.
Basically giving away monies that were never paid for.
How could have you worked all you life for it, if it's only been around 6-8 years , with no one actually paying into it, the opposite actually, and creating a larger deficit and national debt !

Maybe some will get a taste of it soon, down the line, when the debt limit won't be increased ?

If Warren Buffett gets an SS check for $1700 or $1900, why wouldn't the Bush's ?

DOBBS: In point of fact, the Congressional Budget Office which is considered to be the bipartisan objective standard of such things. And its research suggests that that deficit in Social Security would be only .4 percent of our GDP over 75 years as compared to the other large deficits percentages that associated with trade in the budget deficit. Do you have -- we're talking about fixing the fixes we're in, a quick answer for Social Security?

BUFFETT: I think -- I personally would increase the taxable base above the present 90,000. I pay very little in the way of Social Security taxes because I make a lot more than 90,000. And the people in my office pay the full tax. I would -- we're already edging up the retirement age a bit. And I would means test -- I get a check for $1700 or $1900 or something every month. I'm 74. And I cash it. But I'll eat without it.

DOBBS: You will eat without it. So will literally more than a million other Americans, as well. Means testing, the idea of raising taxes, the payroll tax. In 1983, Alan Greenspan, the fed chairman, he had a very simple idea. Raise taxes, that's what you're saying here.
https://web.archive.org/web/20101117020123/http://www.pacificviews.org/weblog/archives/001096.html (source)

Last edited:
Fact :

Social Security is paying out more now, then it takes in (someone is getting "free money"), or not ?

How could have you worked all you life for it, if it's only been around 6-8 years , with no one actually paying into it, the opposite actually, and creating a larger deficit and national debt !

Maybe some will get a taste of it soon, down the line, when the debt limit won't be increased ?

If Warren Buffett gets an SS check for $1700 or $1900, why wouldn't the Bush's ?

DOBBS: In point of fact, the Congressional Budget Office which is considered to be the bipartisan objective standard of such things. And its research suggests that that deficit in Social Security would be only .4 percent of our GDP over 75 years as compared to the other large deficits percentages that associated with trade in the budget deficit. Do you have -- we're talking about fixing the fixes we're in, a quick answer for Social Security?

BUFFETT: I think -- I personally would increase the taxable base above the present 90,000. I pay very little in the way of Social Security taxes because I make a lot more than 90,000. And the people in my office pay the full tax. I would -- we're already edging up the retirement age a bit. And I would means test -- I get a check for $1700 or $1900 or something every month. I'm 74. And I cash it. But I'll eat without it.

DOBBS: You will eat without it. So will literally more than a million other Americans, as well. Means testing, the idea of raising taxes, the payroll tax. In 1983, Alan Greenspan, the fed chairman, he had a very simple idea. Raise taxes, that's what you're saying here.
https://web.archive.org/web/20101117020123/http://www.pacificviews.org/weblog/archives/001096.html (source)
I asked you to prove either of the Bushes receive a SS check, still waiting. Warren Buffet is not the Bushes.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Fact :

Fact: You said 'free money" which it is not since its comming from my pocket...i dont get free money when i retire and neither does anyone else who worked and was forced to pay into SS. We will never get what we were forced to pay into...that is the fact.

klein

Fact: You said 'free money" which it is not since its comming from my pocket...i dont get free money when i retire and neither does anyone else who worked and was forced to pay into SS. We will never get what we were forced to pay into...that is the fact.

Fact is: You'll never have to pay back those $40K per head and counting, that the government went into debt during your generation.

You do live in a democracy, and you voted.
You enjoy, even today, 1 of the lowest tax rates in the world, cheapest gasoline, and 1 out of very few countries that don't have a Vat tax.

You also enjoy the most expensive healthcare system in the world, along with the most expensive and strongest military.

Everything has a price to it, just too bad, it hasn't been paid for, yet.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Fact is: You'll never have to pay back those $40K per head and counting, that the government went into debt during your generation.

You do live in a democracy, and you voted.
You enjoy, even today, 1 of the lowest tax rates in the world, cheapest gasoline, and 1 out of very few countries that don't have a Vat tax.

You also enjoy the most expensive healthcare system in the world, along with the most expensive and strongest military.

Everything has a price to it, just too bad, it hasn't been paid for, yet.
Yeah, and I've seen what you pay for books and magazines.......!!

klein

Here, and this is from 2007 ! And if you read the full article, other shops have followed suit !

Wal-Mart to sell books, magazines at U.S. list prices

The world's largest discount retailer will begin selling all books, magazines, greeting cards and gift wrap at U.S. list prices, usurping an attempt by Canada’s biggest book chain to quell angry Canadian book buyers through lowering prices.

By Financial Post October 31, 2007