Has your center............

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by packageguy, Oct 8, 2012.

1. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

Has your center started with helpers yet?
    I came back friday from my route, ready to punch out looked over my left shoulder, I saw about 20 people interviewing for helpers what a crew
  2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Not yet I'm trying to get my wife to do helper this year. It's her last year before she graduates. I want her to experience peak just one time. I got the go ahead from sups and HR now I just have to talk her into it lol.
  3. packageguy

packageguy Well-Known Member

Wow that's a great idea, so she can see what we go through....love it
  4. laffter

laffter Active Member

It would also make lunch time more pleasant.
  5. Brownslave688

You better not be taking break when u have a helper around here. However don't think that thought hadn't crossed my mind though.

BSWALKS Easily Amused

Just started with the interviews todsy
  7. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

You really don't love her do you???
  8. Brownslave688

Nah I'd just like to be the boss of her for once. Instead of the other way around.
  9. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I kind of wish my wife could be my helper. She would be an awesome helper.
  10. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Active Member

Really small center? We have a stand alone HR building where all that goes on.
  11. laffter

laffter Active Member

I took a lunch break with my driver almost every day last peak.
  12. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

We got the PCM to start letting people know that we were looking for helpers. I asked tonight if the route I am on gets a helper, yep scheduled to start on Nov 14th (I think). I figured I would put up a note at the coffee shop and cafe and hope for a local farmer that is looking for some holiday money.
  13. Dnking

Dnking FireFalcon

Does your center allow Seasonal drivers to have helpers? We had one of our part-time preloaders drive for peak last year. He was on a downtown route, and they told him that he couldn't have a helper because he was seasonal.
  14. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

You must not have much experience being married.
  15. Brownslave688

Actually she says the back of the package car is a fantasy of hers. Now I don't know that her in browns would do much for me. I'd fight thru it though.
  16. jaker

jaker trolling

I had my son as my helper last year wish I had him again but he moved out to be a grown up , but he looks at my job a lot different now

When I say I am tired he understands what that means
  17. Buck Fifty

Buck Fifty New Member

Used mine the last three years, but now graduated college and in the real world. I hate that my weed eater has moved away !!!
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

My helper is a preloader and when he is on the car we don't stop for a meal break.
  19. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

What are the hour you use him?
  20. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

My wife jumped for me one year when she was between jobs, best helper I ever had.