Have any Centers put out food this peak?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by brownmonster, Dec 21, 2010.

1. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

2 days left and not a sniff of food. Don't really care, just wondering if another employee friendly tradition is gone.

2. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

We got donuts and coffee a couple of times but then again we usually get then or fruit a couple of times a months.

3. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Corporate sent down a directive to not do it because the Union might claim it is setting precedence.

4. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Neither Corporate or the Union should be involved. 2 shares of the bosses MIP would buy alot of pizza.

5. tracker2762

tracker2762 Active Member

We had a spread put out last Friday. didn't know about it till I got back to the building, nice surprise

6. iruhnman630

iruhnman630 Active Member

No sloppy joe...no canned stew...no pizza...no subs...no chilli...no hot dogs...

last year we had food several nights each week during peak, especially when the weather was bad and everybody got in late.

7. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

grievance is on file already Hoax... lol.... actually all of our sups have been too busy being on the road delivering to be setting up food services. We did have a driver "mom" set up a breakfast one day last week for all of the drivers... thats about it

8. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

A couple of OMSs here put together a nice buffet for the Saturday Air dept. They did it once in July, too. Out of their own pockets, I was told.

9. Signature Only

Signature Only Blue in Brown

Here....Those days are gone forever...over a long time ago.

10. cosmictrucker

cosmictrucker Trucking is I

Not a crumb here either. Even the food machine is empty.

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Ironically we had a turkey dinner.

12. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

They use to fill up coolers with ice, water, and gatorades during heat waves in the summer. Now we are lucky if the ice machines even work in the building.

13. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Not yet, still waiting to see if Santa arrives or the grinch.................

You have ice machines??????

14. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

There are 2 or 3 ice machines scattered around the building. Nice easy way to fill up the cooler before start time.

15. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

A few years ago in Package, they'd have a really good buffet breakfast. I liked that because I'd rather come in early for the party than stay late for it.

I've been in Feeders for 4 Peaks now so I don't know if they still do it.

16. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Somebody brought a few of those 4-foot long Subway sandwiches in to the center office, but they were almost gone by the time I clocked off.

I view the food the same way I view the turkeys....they were nice traditions but times have changed and it is a bad idea to develop a sense of entitlement or expectation around a gift. In the grand scheme of things there much more important matters to be concerned about.

17. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

With mngrs and supe finger prints all over em.

18. cachsux

cachsux Wah

We have had food this week, all driver supplied.

19. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I had food this week....we'd die without it.

20. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

No food here since our 400 lb center manager retired 4 years ago. Our new one is a real moron.Brainwashed to the bone.Drivers are the ememy-you know the type.