Healthcare cost raised for the retired

The Milkman

Were you "told" that your insurance would be $50/mo until you turned 65 or was it wrtten down in the SPD.

I remember H&H "telling" us that Teamcare mirrored the UPS plan. The SPD said something different.

I believe that the SPD said that you could keep the insurance until age 65 and at the current time it was $50/mo.

I do not believe that there were any guarantees that it would stay $50/mo until you turned 65.

It always amazes me that people take someone else's word for things instead of doing some research and seeing it for themselves in writing.

For the most part, when I reply to someone's question, I give an answer and quote the pertinent contractual language so that the person can see for themselves instead of taking someone's word for it.
CCI03062016_0001.jpg

The Milkman

Were you "told" that your insurance would be $50/mo until you turned 65 or was it wrtten down in the SPD.

I remember H&H "telling" us that Teamcare mirrored the UPS plan. The SPD said something different.

I believe that the SPD said that you could keep the insurance until age 65 and at the current time it was $50/mo.

I do not believe that there were any guarantees that it would stay $50/mo until you turned 65.

It always amazes me that people take someone else's word for things instead of doing some research and seeing it for themselves in writing.

For the most part, when I reply to someone's question, I give an answer and quote the pertinent contractual language so that the person can see for themselves instead of taking someone's word for it.
CCI03062016_0002.jpg

The Milkman

CCI03062016_0003.jpg
CCI03062016_0004.jpg

Inthegame

We know the rate was $50. So where's the sheet showing the guarantee?
Facts and evidence is how you win your point. You've taken alot of time to post nothing.
BTW Where's the apology for calling Brownie an idiot?

LagunaBrown

image.png

This is my company plan SPD and it says it all right there. We hit the $6,250 maximum and UPS had its chance to get out of the company healthcare.

The Milkman

View attachment 72584

This is my company plan SPD and it says it all right there. We hit the $6,250 maximum and UPS had its chance to get out of the company healthcare.

This was not spoken of at the meetings. This came after the fact. I may have missed this point in the book. This booklet came after I hung it up. The fine print is there. So Yes UPS had there chance to change up the plan for their gain. So the question is, will UPS lower the threshold down the road? Causing higher costs for future retirees? More than likely YES. So keep your eyes and ears open when it comes to your benefits. As far as brownie goes...he seems to be thrilled to have to pay a lot more than others, It was to me a sarcastic answer to my post. Being willing to happily pay $300.00 per month without being upset makes me wonder where his thinking cap is? How or why did his future or current costs for retirees get out of hand? Just wondering. I think that type of attitude is why things are the way they are today. UPS tosses out a few crumbs and members accept them possibly fearing for their jobs after hearing rhetoric from UPS about how bad things are blah blah blah..His sarcasm also is directed at others who take their futures seriously, we make our futures at UPS. If they go sour only those who cause them are the ones to blame. So keep accepting crumbs, in due time bargaining power will have no legs to stand on

Orion inc.

I like turtles
off topic ( sort of ) when my mother in law died she left a huge debt that her children had to pay. out of 4 children , who did you think paid the bulk of that debt?

on topic. Laguna Brown....yes this is an excellent thread and i believe this was one of the main reasons why Cheryl created Brown Cafe. Educating and entertaining employees and customers of package delivery companies. It's a shame that a small minority is trying to bring down the BC with their hate. Miserable people have to put down others to make themselves feel better.

anyway. I hope a lot of unretired workers are reading this and thinking about their future retiree healthcare costs. i'm guilty of not paying enough attention. now it's too late for me. but not for current employees.
The estate, if any, would cover the debt. Any unpaid balance remaining would be wiped out. Creditors cannot go after the children for repayment unless they were specifically listed as a guarantor on the note.
Did you pay because you were totally uninformed or because you actually had to pay or dumb enough to cosign?

http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/19/pf/inherited-debt-adult-children/

I've got a guess....
She has no idea what she's talking about.

I'm as shocked as you are I promise. ;)
But isn't she worth "millions" in retirement by her own claims?

Her understanding of financial dealings are about as true as her claim of 25 years retired from ups.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
But isn't she worth "millions" in retirement by her own claims?

Her understanding of financial dealings are about as true as her claim of 25 years retired from ups.
This is what makes the Internet dangerous. People like @olroadbeech can spew :censored2: that has no basis in actual fact just like they are that. 100% fact.

I don't respond to posters like her to make them feel dumb. I respond so that hopefully someone reading this information looking for advice realizes they are getting bad info.

The Milkman

I read it the first time. Don't see an apology there.
There will be no apology, You wanted me to show a sheet showing a guarantee.If you read my post #120 you will see that I stated that the HR dept explaining our future retirement benefits at a paid group meeting did not mention a gaurantee. We all understood at that time that the $50.00 monthly cost would be till we were 65. They did not mention any "FINE PRINT" at the time of the "New Plan Orientation Meeting". I ask you this....I was wondering why the cost for H&W had to double in price, then snowball into quite a large increase. Why couldn't they of been increased slightly? If you car or home owners insurance doubled or tripled I am sure you would be on the phone wondering why it went up so much over your past premiums. And I am sure the Brain Trusts in Atlanta are happy to see on the forums that members are HAPPY to pay $300-500 monthly for benefits. The flood gates have been opened, it's going to be hard to close them now that UPS put holes in our benefit plans. They can now justify future raises at their whim upon those behind us in the future. UPS will stick it to the members to satisfy the shareholders interests, When will it end?

We know the rate was $50. So where's the sheet showing the guarantee?
Facts and evidence is how you win your point. You've taken alot of time to post nothing.
BTW Where's the apology for calling Brownie an idiot?
I can see where milkman is coming from. Just before you retire you vote on a contract that has healthcare when you retire. It tells you in writing that you only have to pay $x amount. You are happy. Yes there was no guarantee on the paper work. So is it ok for active members to vote on healthcare raises for retired when the retired can't even vote. What's next, when you and me retire will have to put 40 to 50 % of are pension check into healthcare because the younger generation voted on it. Why, because they don't want to look it the future. He'll may be it will be 75 to 95%. Ski is the limit!! Why do we Even fight for anything anymore. No one cares!! No one cares anymore!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You wanted me to show a sheet showing a guarantee.

That's not a guarantee.

It is an "outline" of benefits, and eligibility requirements.

Yes there was no guarantee on the paper work.

The relevant part being missed is the SPD (Summary Plan Description).

It states that "the terms and conditions of the plan" are governed by the SPD.

I guarantee, that statement is in the back of that book.

I do know I've read every SPD and union contract language pertaining to my H&W and have never seen any rates guaranteed past the term of the current agreement and normally see plans giving discretion to the trustees during the term.

Caveat Emptor.

What kind of details you looking for? My posts are plain, simple and to the point concerning my situation and many others in the same boat which is taking on water. Current members get your life jackets strapped on

It was more of a generalized statement.

A fact, not lost on everyone.

While I might sympathize with your disappointment, and disillusionment....

(Trust me, I do)

It always pays to do your homework. Don't rely on others.

Certainly.... not the company. :biggrin:

-Bug-

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The bottom line is that UPS did not guarantee the $50/mo until age 65. They only guaranteed eligibility until age 65.

Did they leave something out, like the premiums may be increased by the plan. Probably. But is this lying by omission?

People assumed that the premiums will not increase, maybe based off what they were told by UPS, maybe not.

Do not ever sign anything, or base a decision off something, without reading and understanding the document, along with all fine print.

The bottom line is that UPS did not guarantee the $50/mo until age 65. They only guaranteed eligibility until age 65.

Did they leave something out, like the premiums may be increased by the plan. Probably. But is this lying by omission?

People assumed that the premiums will not increase, maybe based off what they were told by UPS, maybe not.

Do not ever sign anything, or base a decision off something, without reading and understanding the document, along with all fine print.
That's the way it's been for a long time...I could see a small gradual increase.

The Milkman

That's not a guarantee.

It is an "outline" of benefits, and eligibility requirements.

The relevant part being missed is the SPD (Summary Plan Description).

It states that "the terms and conditions of the plan" are governed by the SPD.

I guarantee, that statement is in the back of that book.

Caveat Emptor.

It was more of a generalized statement.

A fact, not lost on everyone.

While I might sympathize with your disappointment, and disillusionment....

(Trust me, I do)

It always pays to do your homework. Don't rely on others.

Certainly.... not the company. :biggrin:

-Bug-

I hear BUG, So I guess I failed my homework. Oh well, life goes on..........