Hello Brown Cafe!

Anthonysg0113

I really didn't see the point of Integrad. I went to regular driving school, and it served its purpose. But I don't understand the mind game at Integrad. We don't get paid anymore, and the way they told us to do stuff was illogical.

BrownThunder

Dude... Don't get me started.

I can't throw any shade on the facilitators though. As strict and intimidating as they are, they know their stuff and have given us everything we need to be successful.

If any of us fail (and mannnnnny of us are going to), it's our fault because we didn't apply ourselves well enough.

They began our Integrad facility a couple months ago, and there are a few kinks they still need to work out.

I personally wish it was easier for he same of me realizing my dreams, but overall this program will make more knowledgable and capable DSPs

BrownThunder

Update:

Thursday - passed integration station, day 4 DIAD V assessment, on road and pre trip.

Today I passed DIAD V day 5 assessment and the DSP Final!

Gonna go crazy tonight and get back to the hub and report for duty on Monday

The work has only just begun!

AutoZone

BrownPower
Update:

Thursday - passed integration station, day 4 DIAD V assessment, on road and pre trip.

Today I passed DIAD V day 5 assessment and the DSP Final!

Gonna go crazy tonight and get back to the hub and report for duty on Monday

The work has only just begun!
Good work brother!!!

BrownThunder

Thanks! This has been such an emotional roller coaster for our group.

Many of us were stressed not only about the idea of failure, but having to wait half a year then go through the same process again.

It's such a relief to leave this place with a Win. Needless to say, I pretty much cried the entire drive home.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Thanks! This has been such an emotional roller coaster for our group.

Many of us were stressed not only about the idea of failure, but having to wait half a year then go through the same process again.

It's such a relief to leave this place with a Win. Needless to say, I pretty much cried the entire drive home.
If be doing the same

BrownThunder

Update:

I have about two weeks left in my probation. The first couple days solo were really rough and I had to be rescued (giving up pickups and drops) to other drivers, but one day it just clicked and I have been on point since that point. Im not running scratch yet but everyone says to hell with scratch just get the job done. Last week my ORS said he talked with his boss bout my progress and they are considering having me start helping before my probation ends.

I told my driver OGs and they said that is great news. It means they have faith in my driving abilities and this will basically automatically qualify me before day 30 as long as I don't hit anything.

Man I'm feeling so good right now. I have this route mastered and now I'm just out there having fun. There are times when the timing is tight but Im not all panicked about it.

I don't want to get too ahead of myself but I believe I'm going to pass probation.

I'll check back in when/if that happens

trickpony1

Thunder-
It might benefit you to keep a notebook at home.
Each night write in your notebook:
-start time;
-meal taken;
-finish work time;
-any additional work given you and;
-any other exceptions to your normal day.

This concise info can be VERY helpful if they try to DQ you at any time.

Rainman

Its all good.
Thunder-
It might benefit you to keep a notebook at home.
Each night write in your notebook:
-start time;
-meal taken;
-finish work time;
-any additional work given you and;
-any other exceptions to your normal day.

This concise info can be VERY helpful if they try to DQ you at any time.
You can never keep too many records, especially working at Brown. You want to be able to give an answer for any question they ask you, and have a few questions for them to keep them on their toes. Always CYA.

BrownThunder

Funny you guys mention that, one of the mentors for another center said he documents everything from # of commit/non commit stops to a woman coming on to him or insulting him.

Handling my route has become easier so I think I may have the energy to start documenting everything.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Funny you guys mention that, one of the mentors for another center said he documents everything from # of commit/non commit stops to a woman coming on to him or insulting him.

Handling my route has become easier so I think I may have the energy to start documenting everything.
Get in the habit of documenting everything just a few seconds out of your day.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Any suggestions for a good notebook?

Send your self emails make a gmail account just for work only.

I'm sure walmart sells some good ones.

This needs to be done at home not on the clock (for obvious reasons).
Lunch hour document the morning half , the load conditions, over 70's , weather ,meet points ,road conditions ANYTHING THAT CAUSES YOU A DELAY because you will forget.

trickpony1

Not everyone works in the BOG where they must dodge the unicorns, trip over the rose petals, listen to the deafening angels chorus, get strafed by the butterflies and sing kumbaya just to get to the building from the parking lot.

Some operations, especially big hubs, can be rather cutthroat.

.....I forgot the rainbows......my bad.

BrownThunder

Update:

Tomorrow is day 23. I pretty much have this in the bag now as long as I don't have any accidents. Last night my ORS sent me back out after my route was done to knock out 20 resis. From what I was told, this basically automatically qualified me.

One guy said as long as I don't crash they can't wash me. Not going to test them on that theory, but it feels good to go from petrified and stressed out to where I am now. Looks like the boys in the office have faith in my abilities

Boy, I'll tell ya.... God is good!