Helper abuse

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
Stay on car for free? Thats part of the problem we are a multi billion dollar company and they want the helpers to clear their day and carve out 8 hours in order to maybe get 4 hours paid? Give me a break if they are on the truck they are getting paid.

542thruNthru

Every year on road supervisors in my center try to think of a new way to cut time off of helpers. I was told last year that a helpers time starts at the first delivery and ends at the last delivery. I was told all commute time is on their time. I just shook my head. There was no way I was doing that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every year on road supervisors in my center try to think of a new way to cut time off of helpers. I was told last year that a helpers time starts at the first delivery and ends at the last delivery. I was told all commute time is on their time. I just shook my head. There was no way I was doing that.

Their start time is the time they get on the car.

Overpaid Union Thug

There is helper abuse and also the issue of UPS forcing helpers on drivers that do not need them. I lost at least 30 minutes today because of having to waste time picking up and dropping off a helper. Add that to a terrible dispatch and terrible load and you end up with a pretty crappy day. And then there's helper DIADs.......I HATE THEM.

DOK

When you are talking about people who make minimum wage for 2 or 3 hours you are talking about people who frequently dont have cars. Or cell phones. Or gas money. Meaning you pick them up at a bus stop and the bus schedule is a variable you must factor in along with ORION compliance, stops in helper board, 3 hour limits, and other silly metrics created by geniuses who never delivered a package in their life.

No way Orion is even getting looked at by me the next 4 weeks.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This morning my center had 2 drivers who were being instructed to use their helpers for...half an hour.
At the same time, we are being exhorted to turn in referrals for helpers because we are desperately understaffed and have already had helpers quit on us.
Does the company seriously believe that there are people who are willing to spend $5 on gas and an hour commuting to a minimum wage job that will only give them half an hour of work?
There is obviously a disconnect sonewhere.
Half an hour of helper time? Sure must have got a lot done for sure!

What a bunch of Bozo's we have running things.