Helper abuse

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Last year, before they started most of us seasonal drivers, they had started with helpers. I helped a driver for a few hours. He was gonna hit somw rural resi stuff for about an hour. They told him to drop me off back downtown, and I could drive 45 min in rush hour traffic to meet back up with him in another town. I apologized, but it was still only $8.50 for helper pay, and said I was not going to do that.

You go girl!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I took the day off and I had one of my helpers replaced so that I will have a better one for Monday when stuff hits the fan. I have my helper show up at 11:00 when I meet my golf cart helper to unload. My cover driver showed up at 12:30 and the clubhouse parking lot's gate was locked so they couldn't get the golf cart out. I called the HOA president and got the code so they could get moving. I pay both of my helpers from the start time I told them whether I get there or not. And I use my helper to the very end of the day. So my two helpers were standing around for about two hours before they could get started. My helper called me at 9:00, he had just got off and he left his wallet in the car. I had been getting done 5:30 to 6:30 with about 200 stops.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What always pisses me off is there is no rhyme or reason for the "approved" hours.

One day early this coming week will be one of the 2-3 busiest days of the year. There's a good chance I'll have an hour or two of approved helper time. If I even have one. Then in 2 weeks on some random day when volume is down I'll be told my helper is Approved for 5-6 hours.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
What always pisses me off is there is no rhyme or reason for the "approved" hours.

One day early this week will be one of the 2-3 busiest days of the year. There's a good chance I'll have an hour or two of approved helper time. If I even have one. Then in 2 weeks on some random day when volume is down I'll be told my helper is Approved for 5-6 hours.

Almost all the years I had helpers, I was on a rural route. Management would tell me I could have my helper for x.99 hours. I would then ask if they really wanted me to turn around and drive 20-50 miles back to town to drop the helper off.

Bingo! Helper all day.

KOG72

I’m full of it

One day early this coming week will be one of the 2-3 busiest days of the year. There's a good chance I'll have an hour or two of approved helper time. If I even have one. Then in 2 weeks on some random day when volume is down I'll be told my helper is Approved for 5-6 hours.
Stupid numbers

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Ten stop difference in my dispatch between yesterday and today. Yesterday approved for 13.5 helper hours, today only 5. Bunch of idiots with all these numbers.

Overpaid Union Thug

Almost all the years I had helpers, I was on a rural route. Management would tell me I could have my helper for x.99 hours. I would then ask if they really wanted me to turn around and drive 20-50 miles back to town to drop the helper off.

Bingo! Helper all day.
Here they have us do exactly that. Like I always say....SET UP FOR FAILURE.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
It's insane that hours with helpers is watched closely the first couple of days of peak . Drivers make 3 to 4 times what helpers make Why is it a big deal to keep them an extra hour

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It's insane that hours with helpers is watched closely the first couple of days of peak . Drivers make 3 to 4 times what helpers make Why is it a big deal to keep them an extra hour
Why not pay a preloader an extra half hour instead of a driver $52 an hour.

Don't overthink this place. It makes no sense

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

Bingo! Helper all day.

Really, what's the point in having a helper on a rural route? Some of our "busier" rural routes average 7-9 stops per hour.

Last edited:

MC0493

Half hour? And i thought my approved hours of 2.5 was stupid and pointless today. Then they send a message saying 50-60 stops must be done in the helper board. Took that as my invitation to keep the helper longer as i uhh had to get those stops in.