Helper abuse

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
At that point it may have been better for you to have stayed on car without pay for those 45-60 minutes.
Or maybe it would have been better for the driver's management team to quit being a bunch of micromanaging tightasses and let the helper get some hours and some practice with the DIAD instead of trying to screw him out of 45 minutes of minimum wage pay.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If I were to drop my helper off for their "approved time" I would probably have almost an hour and a half round trip wrapped up into that before I was back on trace. Any time the helper saved me would be lost and then some. Not happening.

rod

Retired 22 years
Half hour? And i thought my approved hours of 2.5 was stupid and pointless today. Then they send a message saying 50-60 stops must be done in the helper board. Took that as my invitation to keep the helper longer as i uhh had to get those stops in.

My helper board usually had the majority of my stops in it---especially residentials. Any problems with people claiming they never got their package could then be blamed on the helper---they were long gone by then.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
My helper board usually had the majority of my stops in it---especially residentials. Any problems with people claiming they never got their package could then be blamed on the helper---they were long gone by then.
Helper boards aren't linked to telematics either.......

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Too much focus on technology & and stupid #s , they've lost focus on the main goal , getting the pkgs to the customer in a timely fashion !!!
I would finish my air and last big bulk stop , presheet up a hundred stops, pick up helper and just blow them away , he ran them, I fed him . We would get about 55 to 60 an hour

brownelf

I never get a helper anymore, seems that whenever I've had one in the past my over allowed becomes unacceptable.I'm good with that, don't have to be the guy who has to open the eyes of someone to the heartless ways of UPS corporate on their first day anymore.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I never get a helper anymore, seems that whenever I've had one in the past my over allowed becomes unacceptable.I'm good with that, don't have to be the guy who has to open the eyes of someone to the heartless ways of UPS corporate on their first day anymore.

This is why I try to keep my helper hours as low as possible while getting the work done in a timely manner.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Once I pickup a helper he/she is with me for the duration unless helper needs to leave early, regardless of what the piece of paper says about stop count/ helper hours

JackStraw

Had a helper once who took a cab to meet point. Only used him for 2 hours. He lost money ! This year I finally have one that can use his thumbs and is not retired finger puncher and looking to get in "shape".