Helping Drivers

Johney

Last year a new sup was messing me up, he had the nerve to send me to make a pick up at 8:00 pm after delivering over 600 pieces with no help

That pick up only had 500 pieces and I punched out at 10 while everybody else were already home except for the guy 20 blocks away that had to go help me

I went 9.5 because of that sup and hes no longer in my center
You brought 500 pick-up pieces back close to 10:00 pm?

billerz

In our contract you have to be either a bid or bid swing driver to be able to file 9.5 before 4 years seniority
I don't think that's correct, what region are you in? In the southern you just have run the same route for a week and go over 9.5 to file.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Just have to suck it up till we hit 4 years and hope on the rare occasion you win a vacation bid so you can be a 9.5 driver for a week.
If you meet the requirements, it's for 5 months. You just have to be lucky enough to have them put you on a route for a week. That's the catch.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And... Anytime they send you a pick up, send it back. Always send it back. Make up excuses to not do it. Can't get there in time, might have missed, etc. unless you are instructed to do it keep sending it back.

We are instructed to accept all OCA's and to send an ODS if the OCA is not ours---they will transfer it to the right driver.

Grey

If you meet the requirements, it's for 5 months. You just have to be lucky enough to have them put you on a route for a week. That's the catch.

That's what I mean. They send me the text everyday but it only matters during "that" week. Next week there's like 12-13 bids on the wall. :)