Helping other drivers.

kingOFchester

I also hate helping those who have their truck in a disaster.

I hate helping those who want to chat for 20 minutes when you meet up with them.

I hate helping those whe want to give you 1/2 a development but keep 1/2 so they can run their miles up and get credit for more stops.

I hate helping those who will keep the gravy, and give you the hard section when you don't even know their route.

I hate helping those who keep the gravy, give you the BS and beat you back to the building.

I hate being sent to help another driver but when you meet up with other driver they refuse to give you anything other then 1 or 2 stops as they say "if it's on my truck, I am going to deliver it"

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
B bombr, & Hulk, don't get me wrong. I have bad loads to and if bad enough I will run my air stops and if possible some commercial, then will do an aggressive rough sort, even if it takes 15 min before I start running. You have to take control when it's a bad load but not on a break. The break is for you not your #'s. Yea, they'll complain about lost time and that's when u point at that time slot in office and tell them u sorteed out a bad load. Stick to your guns.

It sucks lossing 15-20 min but you will still run route faster then digging pieces all day.

barnyard

KTM rider
What's even more frustrating to me are the drivers I go to help that give me twice as much work as what they keep for themselves. There are a few drivers in my center that I refuse to help for this reason alone. We have very demanding jobs and I'm for helping a fellow driver but when I take 30 stops and u keep 12 and I find out you have been clocked out for 45 minutes when I get back well let's just say u won't see my truck backing up to yours anytime soon.

I went to help a guy once. He had 45ish stops left. Half were apartments and half were resis. He tried to give me the apts. I said it was either the resis or no help from me. He gave me the resis then called his supe to complain. What a butthead.

barnyard

KTM rider
I hate being sent to help another driver but when you meet up with other driver they refuse to give you anything other then 1 or 2 stops as they say "if it's on my truck, I am going to deliver it"

I've done that.

Met with the guy and he had a bunch of his own stuff and 3 misloads that he was told he HAD to run. I took the misloads, added 45 EASY minutes to my day. They were all, "out in the country" runners and it was a beautiful night for a drive.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I went to help a guy once. He had 45ish stops left. Half were apartments and half were resis. He tried to give me the apts. I said it was either the resis or no help from me. He gave me the resis then called his supe to complain. What a butthead.

In that scenario, I would then hand you the keys to my pkg car and drive yours in empty while you completed my dispatch. Seniority rules in every aspect of the operation and lower seniority drivers DONT have a say whether they help or not.

Out in my parts, if you open your mouth and make a demand, youre taking the whole thing.

Peace.

menotyou

bella amicizia
In that scenario, I would then hand you the keys to my pkg car and drive yours in empty while you completed my dispatch. Seniority rules in every aspect of the operation and lower seniority drivers DONT have a say whether they help or not.

Out in my parts, if you open your mouth and make a demand, youre taking the whole thing.

Peace.
hehehehehehehehehe

bumped

I don't mind these people as you know they never asked for help in the first place. Management makes you help them.

hypocrisy

Banned
You guys must be operating under a different 340 methods. When I was in package, you sorted your 30" select area and nothing else unless you had down time. Pre-EDD we put them in sequence order and were allowed to verify the address, post-EDD we were only allowed to use the PAL and would verify at the time of selection for delivery.

You'd be surprised how much time drivers actually lose sorting, because usually it's not a one-time sort. Pre-EDD I could sort about 100 stops and remember them all (and even change the delivery order without re-sorting) but my on-roads didn't like that method so I reverted to just the 30".

I left shortly after EDD was implemented and I always found it ironic that pre-recording was taboo prior to EDD and that's basically what EDD was. No reason to sort if your loader was loading according to the PAL label and you had all your stops in EDD.

brownelf

can't we all just get along? Today it was after 730pm when I pulled up to make a residential delivery, it's also a pickup for another route. I could've walked away from the 45pkgs on the porch as I was delivering the 15 he was getting because it wasn't my pickup, but I didn't. Seems to be alot of hate in this forum as of late due to the difficult peak many of us are dealing with this year, let's all take a deep breathe before we turn the key tomorrow and start our day. just saying..

HULKAMANIA

NOOB? Yeah what is this dude Xbox live? I already admitted and agreed to it several times, but as I also said when I do that I always stop at a convenient store, grab a snack and take my time and sort so really Im doing both, but as I said I agreed with what he said.

On a side note I really dont understand why some people on here have to act like such jackasses when they post something. OH you have been doing the job longer someone else? Guess what-I could really care less. Im sure you KNEW everything when you first started didnt you.

S

splozi

A quick story from tonight. When my driver and I finished our 240 deliveries around 6:30pm, we called a nearby split route driver to see how she was doing. She had 100 stops left... out of a total of 330. We picked up another 39 from her.

330 stops... mostly residential, LOTS of apartments. They're really trying to crack drivers aren't they.

With helping and preload, worked a total of 15 hours today. I wonder if the 60-hour weekly limit applies to peak...

Time for my three hours of sleep now...

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
"Sorting" is not figured in to my planned day. EDD has everything up to snuff don't worry. Just keep sliding thos boxes into the 30" selection area like you were trained...

:sleeping:

clarnzz

I absolutely hate having to get help from other drivers as I know how hard they must be pushing, cutting corners, speeding and potentially putting their job at risk just to get off earlier and then get sent to help me.

barnyard

KTM rider
Good luck with that. In that scenario, I was the high seniority driver. Helping him was entirely my choice.

Not everyone with high seniority is a dick.

Peace.

hypocrisy

Banned
A quick story from tonight. When my driver and I finished our 240 deliveries around 6:30pm, we called a nearby split route driver to see how she was doing. She had 100 stops left... out of a total of 330. We picked up another 39 from her.

330 stops... mostly residential, LOTS of apartments. They're really trying to crack drivers aren't they.

With helping and preload, worked a total of 15 hours today. I wonder if the 60-hour weekly limit applies to peak...

Time for my three hours of sleep now...

Yes it does apply and you cannot drive after 14 hours on duty and do not drive again until you have had 10 hours off (punch out till punch in. Preload time counts as on duty time).

cino321

Peace.

Out in my parts, that's called directing the work force.

Around here, no one has to help unless they are put "on call" in the morning before dispatch, or if helping drivers in the afternoon is part of their planned day.

Generally speaking, in my center, as a courtesy, if someone is coming to help you, they usually get to pick what they want to take. We usually work something out, if they want your cream, you give them 5 more stops. If they're willing to take your garbage, maybe you can give them a few less than what you're supposed to, knowing it's going to take them more time to deliver. We're not here to scum bag each other.