Hey Driver, you guys give been answers that Customer service. I have a question.

jonsidneyb

A package is on it's way to me for next day delivery.

The package moved quickly from Florida to Oklahoma but now shows out for delivery in a town 100 miles away.

Customer service said this was not unusual. They said that was my hub. I told them my hub is 2 miles from here. They did know the address of the package and know the tracking is in a town 100 miles away.

I am a little bit confused.

Is there a way customer service is right on this, that it is on the right truck?

I get packages all the time and I have never been told the right truck was 100 miles away.

barnyard

KTM rider
Keep watching the tracking #. If that does not answer your question (if it is in the wrong building, it will be updated to reflect that), there are UPS employees that are paid to figure out your questions on the UPS facebook page.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It sounds to me that the "Hub" that is near you is actually a smaller building that we call a "Center". The air package landed at an airport near the Hub that feeds packages to your local Center. So if you live out in a more rural type area, it may well have to travel over a hundred miles to get to you. We have three different levels of Next Day Air service, so its possible that you would get delivered in the morning or at the end of the driver's day. That depends on the service level that the shipper paid UPS and whether its a commercial or residential address.

jonsidneyb

It sounds to me that the "Hub" that is near you is actually a smaller building that we call a "Center". The air package landed at an airport near the Hub that feeds packages to your local Center. So if you live out in a more rural type area, it may well have to travel over a hundred miles to get to you. We have three different levels of Next Day Air service, so its possible that you would get delivered in the morning or at the end of the driver's day. That depends on the service level that the shipper paid UPS and whether its a commercial or residential address.

It turns out something was wrong but was fixed.

It seems to no longer be out for delivery.

I should have kept checking.

I am pretty sure it will say out for delivery again by someone local.

Tulsa, OK, United States 03/20/2013 6:39 A.M.Departure Scan
03/20/2013 5:35 A.M.Out For Delivery
03/20/2013 5:32 A.M.Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 03/20/2013 4:45 A.M.Departure Scan
03/20/2013 12:49 A.M.Arrival Scan
Miami, FL, United States 03/19/2013 10:11 P.M.Departure Scan
03/19/2013 9:30 P.M.Arrival Scan

Last edited:

jonsidneyb

What the heck does the title of this thread mean?

I did have some typo's. I pulled an all nighter working and am still working.

I have never known customer service to be correct when things go wrong. I have found drivers are about 80% correct when something goes wrong. I would rather ask drivers about a problem than customer service.

balland chain

welcome to the world of UPS.. mass confusion ... kinda like a bike going in circles with an organ grinder playing the same tune over and over again.. GL