How big is your 401k?

oldngray

nowhere special
With student loan debt, wage stagnation, SS problems, and general lack of savings. I see lots of 20 something's working into their 70's just out of necessity.
There are too many people racking up huge student loan debt hoping the government will step in and they won't have to pay it. Tuition is crazy expensive but in my opinion largely because of those subsidized loans. Its not like real money to many students.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There are too many people racking up huge student loan debt hoping the government will step in and they won't have to pay it. Tuition is crazy expensive but in my opinion largely because of those subsidized loans. Its not like real money to many students.
It's all because of government loans. Take a look at a tuition chart before and after the federal student loan chart. It's amazing.

What many don't know also is student loan debt doesn't just go away. Even with bankruptcy.

UPS4Life

You're a trip.

You post most of "your business" on this site daily, in multiple threads in virtually every forum, then get pissy when people ask you questions?
I personally don't think the terms of anybody's divorce is anybody's business other than the two people getting divorced. He could give all his information but that and I'd be ok with it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I personally don't think the terms of anybody's divorce is anybody's business other than the two people getting divorced. He could give all his information but that and I'd be ok with it.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I don't disagree, but that wasn't the point.
Much of what he posts would fall under the same gudielines.
Yet he chooses to share and then gets snarky when someone asks a question?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

She will get 16% of my pension (roughly $800/month). She got 1/2 of my 401k on the separation date. We split the bills evenly. We each kept our own vehicles. I kept the kids on my insurance. I paid her $214/week. I paid my share of our daughter's private school. We split their school-related expenses equally. She gave me back my balls when the divorce became final.

Returntosender

Some people have a man-crush on UpState.
I asked cause I ran to retired a driver, like NY he too is divorced and ex was nurse. He got half her pension and she got half of his cause of some domestic qualified relations law. Something about if the rights are waived in the decree, ex(s) are still entitled to half.