How big is your 401k?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
It's all because of government loans. Take a look at a tuition chart before and after the federal student loan chart. It's amazing.

What many don't know also is student loan debt doesn't just go away. Even with bankruptcy.

I finished paying off my loan April 2014.
Private college without men.
I even needed to file bankruptcy to afford pay that damn loan.

I will fry me if these outstanding loans get relief and a free ride.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I finished paying off my loan April 2014.
Private college without men.
I even needed to file bankruptcy to afford pay that damn loan.

I will fry me if these outstanding loans get relief and a free ride.
My uncle is a veterinarian. A few years back Obama forgave some student loans in the medical field if you hadn't missed a payment in so many years.

He had two months left. Lol

asphaltcowboy

When signing up for 401k they ask about investments which are best to choose and which 401k plan think there's 3 maybe I should choose all three and pay all I can with stand?

When signing up for 401k they ask about investments which are best to choose and which 401k plan think there's 3 maybe I should choose all three and pay all I can with stand?
Their are several choices. You have U.S. stock funds,large, small and medium. You also have the REIT fund= real estate. International fund. Bond fund. Balance fund=stocks and bonds. Fixed investments and Target date funds.

Many choices to chose from. Save as much as you can!

Toy also have to chose which money toy want to put in. Pretax or Roth.

Alot to think about. But you need to start now!

asphaltcowboy

Thanks for the input! Kinda overwhelming since I turned 25 I've been thinking a lot about it would it be crazy to choose all of them? I also want to keep building my bank savings so eventually the dividends will actually turn into something. Guess I need to read that packet of info teamsters sends out.

Thanks for the input! Kinda overwhelming since I turned 25 I've been thinking a lot about it would it be crazy to choose all of them? I also want to keep building my bank savings so eventually the dividends will actually turn into something. Guess I need to read that packet of info teamsters sends out.
Take the time to learn,about investing. In the mean time. Get started.

The Driver

I drive.
She will get 16% of my pension (roughly $800/month). She got 1/2 of my 401k on the separation date. We split the bills evenly. We each kept our own vehicles. I kept the kids on my insurance. I paid her $214/week. I paid my share of our daughter's private school. We split their school-related expenses equally. She gave me back my balls when the divorce became final.

Strangers with this kind of honesty make me go a big rubbery one.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
She will get 16% of my pension (roughly $800/month). She got 1/2 of my 401k on the separation date. We split the bills evenly. We each kept our own vehicles. I kept the kids on my insurance. I paid her $214/week. I paid my share of our daughter's private school. We split their school-related expenses equally. She gave me back my balls when the divorce became final.
Maybe you should have stayed married?

Xexys

Retired and Happy

It's always cheaper to keep her.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Take the time to learn,about investing. In the mean time. Get started.
In the meantime hire someone.

Sometimes you can try to learn all you want and just don't get it. I've tried over and over to teach my wife who is very smart. She just doesn't get.

Finally I said max out your 401k I'll make the investments and I promise we will retire happy.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Keep it in the can...or don't???

Dave chose not to, then became guarded when questioned?
He was called out on it...then he manned up.

I respect that.

Out Of Brown

I'm 47 and have $236K in the 401k, $342K in Vanguard Index Funds, $17K in UPS stock, $85K in Apple, GE, and AT&T, $15K in cash. No debt other than $90K on the mortgage. Total is $695 invested and net worth $791. Pension at 55 will only be about $5,500/year. And I just turned in my resignation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm 47 and have $236K in the 401k, $342K in Vanguard Index Funds, $17K in UPS stock, $85K in Apple, GE, and AT&T, $15K in cash. No debt other than $90K on the mortgage. Total is $695 invested and net worth $791. Pension at 55 will only be about $5,500/year. And I just turned in my resignation.

You do realize that by resigning you won't start receiving your pension until you turn 65.