How long does it take to learn how to use a Diad?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Kevin222, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Kevin222

Kevin222 New Member

I am a part timer considering package. I dont know anything about package except for what I see at work and kind of stumble on. I will make it my business to get to know drivers so that maybe someone can give me the inside of how things work. My question today is how hard is it to learn to use a Diad or Diad Board, whatever its called? How long does it take to learn?
  2. Marne Vet

Marne Vet Well-Known Member

How long did it take you to learn how to use the keyboard on your PC to type this question? Now divide that by 2, and that's your answer. In simple terms, it's easy.
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I am usually able to get new helpers up to speed on the basics of the DIAD within the first hour they are on the car. It takes a couple of days to learn more of the less-often used features. You should be fully up to speed on all of the functions of the DIAD within a week.
  4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Day or 2 should teach u 90% of what u need to know.
  5. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

There's 10 year senior drivers who still can't figure it out.
  6. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Go be Dave's helper for a week, and you'll be an expert.
  7. Kevin222

Kevin222 New Member

8. Kevin222

Kevin222 New Member

Dang, I was just about to say thanks, doesn't seem that difficult. And then I see this??? Thanks Indecision
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

He would definitely have all the tools that he would need to have a successful career.
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

It's really not that hard if you are even at all technically savvy. A day to get the basics down at most.
  11. oldupsman

oldupsman Well-Known Member

He's just mocking old people like me. Really, within 2 days you'll have it down, no problem
  12. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

My driver helper this Christmas was doing basic deliveries to businesses and homes by herself in just a few hours.
  13. Pooter

Pooter Active Member

Very easy after a few repetitive motions and if you ever get "stuck" just push all the buttons till something works. Plus you can reduce stress by smacking the diad on the console. :D
  14. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

You could learn to use a DIAD in less than a day but to get fast at it and be able to quickly punch buttons without thinking takes a lot longer with a lot of repetition.
  15. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

That usually fixes the sound.
  16. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

question is how long does it take to learn my new cell phone???
  17. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

If you are on the road by yourself.... about 5 stops. :rofl:
  18. Anonymous 12

Anonymous 12 Non active member

19. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

If your stuck in the 80s like some of the the old knuckleheads who work here that don't know how to use a computer, or a smart phone, id worry. If you know how to use a computer real good or a smart phone youll be fine. COMPRENDE ESE? LOL
  20. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

It isn't that hard unless your the kind of person that keeps doing the same thing over and over getting the wrong results and wonder why.

All in all it's nothing to worry about you'll get a handle on it pretty quick and after a while you'll be do thing automatically with out really thinking about it......