How long have u worked at UPS and how many years do u have left until retirement?

oldupsman

27 in now too many left with 3 young kids.My center manager or DS will get a call during the day when im done "package truck on such and such a street,keys in gas tank come get it!" lol

I always said I'd hop in the car in the morning, drive from Philly to Pittsburgh, hop a plane back, cab back to center,
and then hand them the keys. Buy hey, why go out so bitter.

oldngray

nowhere special
I just had an 8 hr request my last day. No recognition or mention of it in pcm that morning that it was my last day. Finished up at 5, nobody around when I got in (on a Friday). Left that place and never went back.

oldupsman

I just had an 8 hr request my last day. No recognition or mention of it in pcm that morning that it was my last day. Finished up at 5, nobody around when I got in (on a Friday). Left that place and never went back.

Boy that's sad. They had a nice little catered breakfast for the whole center my last day, couple small gifts,
Division manager was there and a couple of my old center manager's and current center manager had some kind words. Current center manager and I
had a bit of a bond because her first job at UPS was being my loader and I always tried to be kind to my
loaders. She always remembered me for that.

oldngray

nowhere special
Boy that's sad. They had a nice little catered breakfast for the whole center my last day, couple small gifts,
Division manager was there and a couple of my old center manager's and current center manager had some kind words. Current center manager and I
had a bit of a bond because her first job at UPS was being my loader and I always tried to be kind to my
loaders. She always remembered me for that.

the center manager was in his office as usual avoiding people during the PCM. One on car sup did ask me "this is your last day isn't it?" and that was it.

The Milkman

First let me say, I understand it's entirely up to you when you retire. Having said that. I hear this same response all the time. But what is the thought here. Do you want to wait till your unhealthy and not happy to retire? I have 30, healthy, all my important parts still work. Can't wait to get out of here!

Hang it up while Healthy, the smart thing to do...You have the right idea. Keep chasing the rainbow for more and more money. With that kind of thinking it would be hard to retire, almost like a gambling addiction......

oldngray

nowhere special
Hang it up while Healthy, the smart thing to do...You have the right idea. Keep chasing the rainbow for more and more money. With that kind of thinking it would be hard to retire, almost like a gambling addiction......

Agreed. If you get afraid of retiring and get obsessed with making every last dollar first before you know it you will be too old to enjoy the years you have left. People outside UPS think we are so lucky to be able to retire early but we CAN'T keep doing such a physically demanding job as long as people with easy office jobs.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Anybody starting after the year 1995 to 2000 in package delivery will never see 30 years. Alost impossible with the way these numbnutts beat the living piss out of you physically. Started in 2000, 2 years pt and the rest driving. 13.5 left and don't have the faintest idea how im a finish the race in 1 piece. Oh yeah I know how im a make it, many little Aflac vacations between now and then:cool-little:

oldngray

nowhere special
Anybody starting after the year 1995 to 2000 in package delivery will never see 30 years. Alost impossible with the way these numbnutts beat the living piss out of you physically. Started in 2000, 2 years pt and the rest driving. 13.5 left and don't have the faintest idea how im a finish the race in 1 piece. Oh yeah I know how im a make it, many little Aflac vacations between now and then:cool-little:

Thats why so many drivers are willing to take a cut in pay to get one of the 22.3 jobs.

I get a cake and a speach by the center manager every time I transfer. Kinda like dont let the door hit you in the...

Packmule

Started at 18 years old part time in 1978. Five years part time, 31 full time. Currently hoping to leave around New Years, 2017. That will max out pension and may make the difference in quality of life down the road. Only 54 now, so 57 isn't too bad an age to leave. Free healthcare in the meantime.