How much is your cable and internet bill per month?

Discussion in 'Life After Brown' started by onehandsolo, Jul 28, 2015.

1. onehandsolo

onehandsolo Active Member

Mine is around 120 total. I have time Warner cable TV one set top box with HBO and high speed internet.

2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Too much.

Did I mention I hate Comcast?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I think our dish is around that.

Internet is $30

4. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

$150 HD box, DVR, HBO ,showtime, sports package, 30mb internet, phone. Wife wants land line so don't start about it.

5. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

We have Cox Cable.....used to be about $120 for internet and basic cable.

Now that everyone had to go digital, it's about $140 a month...for a year at least....then it'll probably go up. Hubby talked to them and we got a 2nd dvr free for I year. It's our total entertainment.....no trips to the movies or plays or other over-priced stuff like Disney, Universal, Sea World and all the tourist traps..

6. Mr.Golden

Mr.Golden Active Member

Depends what shows you like. I just pay for internet and subscribe to Netflix, Hulu and HBO Go. So maybe $60ish all together

7. moreluck

Where? In Butcher Holler ?? That's cheap with all those subscriptions!!!!!

8. Rainman

Rainman Its all good.

Internet, fairly basic cable with no HBO, ect, phone service approximately 175ish, plus Netflix.

9. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Internet, expanded basic cable without HBO or any of the premium channels $150. Time Warner monopoly. They would still be internet provider if I dropped TV so I wouldn't save much. Worth a few dollars for the convenience of not streaming everything. I even bought my own modem to save rental fees but have no choice about renting the cable box.

10. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

OTA antenna with 65 channels, DSL for 9.95/month
    Amazon Prime 8.25/mo(99$/yr) all the free movies and shows I want.
    most cable channels shows available online for free...

11. onehandsolo

onehandsolo Active Member

On average cable and satellite TV prices increase 4 times the rate of inflation. I would go the antenna route but I really like HBO and the sports that r cable only.

12. Mr.Golden

Mr.Golden Active Member

Comcast, you have to tell them u don't want to be under contract so u can get away with $40 a month. I pay $10 for Netflix. My friend gave me his info so I don't have to pay HBO Go same with hulu plus. It's a good steal

13. moreluck

FREE?

[​IMG]

14. rod

rod retired and happy

$156 Century-link. That's a bundled package for a land line, internet (not very fast) and Direct TV (Choice package)

15. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

It's even worse with all the charges for the naughty movies the wife likes so much.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List