How Much is Your Car Payment?

rickyb

my car was bought 14 years ago. I forget what a car payment is lol.
But seriously, I pay for my wife’s car still and I just try to keep my $500/month payment area. But I could probably afford up to $1k/mo th if I needed.
The most important thing is buying the vehicle you NEED, not the vehicle you WANT. What’s going to serve you and your family the best for the money. Like do you need a fully loaded F250 diesel if you never tow anything and live in an apartment? (Just an example of the stupidity I’ve seen)
F250 not even fun

rickyb

One of our recent top rated drivers just showed up with a new Outback Onyx Edition. I know the dude has money issues...so I chat with him about it...,"What kind of payment they get you for?"
Expecting like 500 a month...he replied "$800". I almost cried. Come on dude!
Thats the best one but i would probably get a hybrid instead or mazda 5 which is big sporty and cheap

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I will admit it’s a lot more difficult to find a good used vehicle right now. It can still be done and I do have a leg up because I have access to dealer auctions but even there it’s not like it used to be.

Dealers are putting a lot of the cars they used to send to the auction on the lot because they are worth money now
Or they open a little used car lot down the street and send the clunkers there
New car dealers have cut way back on inventory you can buy what’s on the lot sometimes at more than msrp for the most popular models or order from the factory and it’ll be here when it gets here

Up In Smoke

Sadly most used cars you look at now days have 150,000 + miles on them-- and they still want big bucks for them. I always buy new and enjoy a few years of bumper to bumper warrantee and piece of mind. Its only money. We seem to get a new vehicle about every 4 or 5 years. Right now the oldest thing we have is my 2017 Harley.
We are the same way, every 3-5 years. Owning a business helps to defer the costs also.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Muuuuuricaaaa
928387-1-2018-silverado-1500-chevrolet-bds-suspension-lift-6in-fuel-forged-ff09-polished.jpg
260895-9-1994-friend-150-ford-superlift-suspension-lift-6in-fuel-forged-ff41-polished.jpg