how much of yall will like to be union

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by upsers22.3, Apr 21, 2010.

1. upsers22.3

upsers22.3 Member

and why

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Y'all, is a contraction or informal form of the phrase "you all", and is pronounced as one syllable (yawl) or two (YEW-awl). It is used as a plural second-person pronoun. Commonly believed to have originated in the Southern United States, it is primarily associated with Southern American English, African-American Vernacular English, and some dialects of the Western United States and the Midwestern United States.[1] It is also used outside the United States in the English-speaking islands of the West Indies, Sri Lankan English

3. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Ask an intelligent question, and you'll probably receive an intelligent answer.

4. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

I asked the one yall I know and he said that 37.83% of himself would like to be union.

5. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

I asked my good friend Cletus Dumas, who is also a yall, and he said "a yunion iz when you marri yor 12 yeer old kuzin."

6. WOW!!

Shirt fire UPstate, down here in KY "Y'all" is singular and "All Y'all" is plural. What kinda' crap is bein' taught in Yankee Land????

7. bbsam

LOL nice catch! Don't know how that got past Cletus Dumas, do you MrFedEx?

8. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

i dont no. Yew ar won smart feller, aint yew??

9. ex fed exer

ex fed exer New Member

real bad, which is why i left fed ex 9 years ago at 17.72 and started at the bottom at ups to be at $29.72/44.58 on o.t.

fed ex could not believe i said shove it as i walk out the door and into ups.

i make all the union meetings too.

plus, i do what i can to bring the union to fed ex.

10. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Thanks. I wish more UPS drivers would bring FedEx people up to date when you see each other at stops. Your perspective is especially valuable since you know the grass is greener on the Brown side of the fence.

11. bbsam

I've found it greener on the purple side.

12. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

That's because you and Fred think of your workers as entirely disposable units of production. I think Smith terms them Portable Profit Centers or PPC's for short (everything has to be an acronym)

13. bbsam

Well they certainly don't need a college degree to do the job.

14. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

No but they've got to be willing to work, an uncommon trait these days.

15. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Remember you don't work for FedEx... you have a contractual agreement to haul and deliver fedex freight, not an employee remember..

16. bbsam

And how does this negate "greener"?

17. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

If you are not an employee , you do not have any comparitive experience.

Yes, I believe living on Earth is better than Mars, too.

18. bbsam

That makes no sense at all.

19. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Yes, it does. You've never worked for Uncle Fred as one of his beloved employees. As different as Earth from Mars. Until you've been there (FedEx Express) you don't truly understand.

20. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Perfect!:happy-very: