Unions ruining ups?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I get that. I’m not trying to argue. Trying to express a valid point. Has the contract damaged us. Was a discussion point. We are not in communist China. We can have free debate. Just opinions. Love you guys obviously
I didn’t know the circus clowns were still making the rounds.

Is the union contract destroying our company? Fair pay for a fair job. Presidents of countries get paid less than a driver at ups. Are we not just driving a van? Or am I missing something? Figure that one out. Biden 2024!!!!! Is it just union greed?
No troll. Just curious. Some of us are non unionised. (Don’t believe in it). However you must see the facts that the union drove customer away. Demanding more for already highly paid. It isn’t a coincidence we are struggling. My centre in Nevada never been so low on pkgs
I believe in the company. That’s who employs us.
Check fedex share price. Check UPS. Long term one company will do better. My bet isn’t on ours!
Trump won’t save you bro
I like my job thanks though. I like my management. I like my fellow “scab” workers. What I’m saying is why stay if you hate the company. Go work in your dream world. China and Cuba nice this time of year!
Short term money. Next they come for us. No union can stop that.
16 year service. Goin strong. Stayin positive. Supporting who pays me.
I get that. I’m not trying to argue. Trying to express a valid point. Has the contract damaged us. Was a discussion point. We are not in communist China. We can have free debate. Just opinions. Love you guys obviously
Thanks for the normal comment. Somewhat agree.
Why stop free speech? It’s a constitutional right… let’s just have civilised debate. Good for the soul
The rule is not to have an opinion. I was curious what people thought. Union fault. Ups fault. Mixture. Or am I missing something

You're dumb as :censored2:.

My opinion.

Whereistheunion

The company ( UPS) is still paying 4 billion in dividends this year and still buying back 2 billion dollars worth of it's own stock this year, but laying off 12,000 management personnel. Where does UPS place its loyalty. I rather get the money for my family (main street) than watch Wall Street prosper. This company was going to do these layoffs regardless of our great union. Corporate Greed can't be underestimated. The company still made 1.5 billion in profit last quarter but it wasn't good enough. UPS is well positioned for future growth.

anonymous23456

The company ( UPS) is still paying 4 billion in dividends this year and still buying back 2 billion dollars worth of it's own stock this year, but laying off 12,000 management personnel. Where does UPS place its loyalty. I rather get the money for my family (main street) than watch Wall Street prosper. This company was going to do these layoffs regardless of our great union. Corporate Greed can't be underestimated. The company still made 1.5 billion in profit last quarter but it wasn't good enough. UPS is well positioned for future growth.
I think UPS wants extreme profit. It will run skeleton crew and automate many things here in the US. It will ship most programming jobs and support calls (which already happened) to India to cut wages.

The only thing will be kept here is the CEO, C-suite people, and regional managers at centers.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
No troll. Just curious. Some of us are non unionised. (Don’t believe in it). However you must see the facts that the union drove customer away. Demanding more for already highly paid. It isn’t a coincidence we are struggling. My centre in Nevada never been so low on pkgs
What was the volume in 2019

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
We got a good deal, not amazing, but very solid. Company is still making a profit. UPS has been a union shop for a very very long time and has been wildly successful. If it ever goes under it’s not because of the union but because of mismanagement.
It was a step in the right direction is what I see it as. Hopefully it gets better in the next one. I’ve seen the changes both locally and nationally. Back to OP point, Casey sought the Teamsters out, not the other way around because he believed they were the most fair of all the labor unions at the time.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Maybe if they worked with us it could change?
IMG_4930.jpeg

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Oh boy another lovely scab troll. As if we have a dealt with your kind plenty. Thankfully we don't have any scabs in our building but if we did you would be completely black balled ignored, and god help you if you needed help cuz you wouldn't get very much. You hate the union so much why didn't you negotiate for your own pay and benefits. Oh that's right cuz you're nothing but a scared pusillanimous. You guys are nothing but cheapskates and I hope karma bites you in the ass.
Solidarity brother.

BrownSnowFlake

The company ( UPS) is still paying 4 billion in dividends this year and still buying back 2 billion dollars worth of it's own stock this year, but laying off 12,000 management personnel. Where does UPS place its loyalty. I rather get the money for my family (main street) than watch Wall Street prosper.
Seriously why don’t you guys buy the stock through DESPP?
$20 a week, it adds up. I gave more to the United Way.