how much was your first paycheck if you remember?

I get my first check this Thursday, i'm not bummed out or anything cause i know this job is a part time and i should get around 110-120 after tax.

I just want to know how was your reaction on your first paycheck if you remember?

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Captain and cokes, beers, some wings and an appetizer. Maybe a beer here or there for a pretty lady and bam. Your ups part time first paycheck is an equivelant to a Saturday night out.

rod

Retired 22 years
I believe my first ck as a full timer was for 4 days at $6.75 an hour. My wife worked for the State of Minnesota full time for $3.25 an hour. You would have thought we were Mr. and Mrs. John D. Rockerfeller when people found out we made 10 bucks an hour back in 1971--------------------------and we damn near were. We saved enough money that first year to put $10,000 down on an older $18,000 lake home. (I wish I still had that house) We lived in it for 5 years and sold it for over twice what we paid for it.

Con1989

They didn't start taking out the union initiation fee's out of my check for a few weeks. I don't know why it took a few weeks for them to start either

8Keys

They didn't start taking out the union initiation fee's out of my check for a few weeks. I don't know why it took a few weeks for them to start either
They shouldn't take initiation fee until you have actually made seniority and joined the union. But I guess some places don't do it that way. My training started on a Thursday, so I probably had a small first check. A typical work week for me in 2001, assuming I showed up all 5 days and it wasn't time for union dues, was about 20 hours for $130 or so after taxes. That's crazy. My apartment rent and utilities were 3 weeks pay!

oldngray

nowhere special
My first check was for less than $100. I worked 15-20 hours on preload at $6.21 per hour ( 25 cents above the usual starting rate of $5.96) but had $25 taken out for union initiation ( 4 x 25 for the $100 initiation fee at that time).

S

serenity now

I can't remember the amount from 2 weeks ago; and you want me to cast back 30 years. C'mon people..........

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
my first FT week ck was for 308 and I was thrilled to have a steady income coming from the self employment ranks !!