How old?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UPSgirl, Nov 8, 2005.

1. UPSgirl

UPSgirl Mommy to be!

How old do you have to be to go with someone on a delivery route?

2. DS

DS Fenderbender

The only possible reason to "go with" a driver would be that he/she was training to be a driver.I believe you have to be 21 to be a driver.Then again,you may get work at a younger age as a drivers helper during peak.

3. UPSgirl

UPSgirl Mommy to be!

No,I mean to go with them to help them cause I pass alot of drivers that have helpers.

4. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

18which is the same age to work in the hub...

5. UPSgirl

UPSgirl Mommy to be!

Yes!! I'd rather do that than work in the hub!!! Do you get a uniform?

6. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

would you still want to work at UPS if they didn't wear uniforms?

7. UPSgirl

UPSgirl Mommy to be!

Oh yeah!! Im saving my self for Brown!!

Now does anyone know how much you get an hour in the hub?

8. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

if you were to ever be ones driver helper..Im sure youd be kicked off within 5minutes.Id probably have you gone before we pulled off..

oh and the warehouse everywhere is 5.15 an hour...perhaps youd be better suited working at DHL..Besides they have eye catching uniforms..Go for it!

9. iloadthetruck

iloadthetruck Member

Saving yourself for brown? Last time I checked we don't hand out promise rings...

10. wannabeups

wannabeups Member

LMAO some of you guys should apply for script writers for the WWE

11. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

"...how much you get an hour in the hub" .
    About the same as entry level Wal Mart employees and the work at WM is alot easier.
    Turn over is really high at our hub. It's not uncommon to see groups of kids being led on tours by a recruiter.

Saving yourself for brown?
    Make sure the appropriate blood work and tests for sexually trasmitted diseases are done prior to consummating the bond.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  12. brett636

Same thing at my hub. I work right by the front door and see a new group of people, mostly college age kids, almost every day. The paychecks are probably bigger at WM considering you get more hours there. I figure a new unloader/loader at my hub makes about $34 a day before taxes and union dues.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2005
  13. mattwtrs

mattwtrs Retired Senior Member

How Old

Let's see?? What would be more fun, working at Walmart putting up with hundreds of customers a day or sorting thousands of packages that don't talk back at Big Brown?? In case anyone forgets retail is not fun!!

14. brett636

Both jobs suck, but the retail job would probably provide a better paycheck. The local fedex air hub pays nearly $11/hr. starting. Versus $8.50 @ UPS.

15. UPSgirl

UPSgirl Mommy to be!

I dont care! lol as long as I work them im happy!!!!!!!!

16. brownbabe

brownbabe Hottie with a body!!

Who the hell is this UPSgirl? She sounds like a trouble maker and she makes up stories really well because first she's trying to get her UPS man in trouble and I think that was a made up story just so she could get attention! Now,She wants to work for UPS where he is.....please!! UPSgirl you need to get a life!

17. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

This new poster situation is way outta control...

18. ok2bclever

ok2bclever I Re Member

Wouldn't have crossed anyone else's mind that the two are one, would it have? :D

19. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

That's why you're the clever one.....

20. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

"That's why you're the clever one....."

....and its OK....