How to piss off a Driver?

UPSGUY72

He's always complaining about having too much work, he believes not having a clear walkway is too much work.
How can I piss off my driver without getting in trouble? What are some little things that really piss off a driver?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

There is nothing you can do as a preloader that will really piss me off. I get paid by the hour so if your load things in the wrong spot and I have to look for the package so be it. When I'm on OT I'm make over $.80 a min. and when my SUP ask me what happen I will gladly explain.

You screwing with a driver load is just going to get yourself in trouble....

Speedy Cerviche

I used to be mad at a co worker next to me that always had a neat truck in the back while mine was piled high. Took me two years and one crash to figure out I was the dumb one and not him. Follow their methods, follow their rules, and work at a solid pace you can maintain for 20 or 30 years. Otherwise your body will be abused and you will be discarded. Never forget: you are not important.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
"Hide random packages from bulk stops on different shelves"
You are so evil my friend, Its a genius idea. Give me more please
Feed the troll, feed me.

Thanks,
​Loyal Teamster

Wish you were my preloader !!!

I would document how sorry of a preloader you are, give that to the FT preload sup, and have you sent away from preload and unloading trailers in the heat !!

Please come transfer to my building, PRETTY PLEASE :please:

DONE IT ONCE !! WOULD LOVE TO DO IT AGAIN !!

Loyal Teamster

Why would I Want to piss off my driver?

Today, my driver decide to show up a little early. I noticed he was checking his truck. Anyways, he leaves & around 5 minutes later the center manager randomly decides to check the same specific truck, he found a misload & told me how a misload can effect a drivers day. hmmmm ok. later the driver tells me,"They are watching you, make sure to do a great job...""I want to protect you..." WTF, he wants to help me out! protect me? maybe he shouldn't be buddyhing to the center manager over a misload.
I just laughed and told him, "what is gonna do, fire me. I was about to quit 3 weeks ago, so I really don't care". This is the wanker I need to piss off somehow.

His average misload, about one a week, if any.

I love going to work willing to quit anytime I want. It reliefs a lot of pressure. Just not giving a ******.

The center manager was cool, and seemed like he didn't care.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

Not trying to help but, If he came up as I was loading before the start of his day like that I would ask him "Are you on the clock, my new sup,or my union steward? No? Thanks for stopping by. Buh Bye"

Loyal Teamster

Not trying to help but, If he came up as I was loading before the start of his day like that I would ask him "Are you on the clock, my new sup,or my union steward? No? Thanks for stopping by. Buh Bye"

Are you saying I have authority to kick him out of his own truck? That would be awesome, how can i find written official statement of this?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
He's always complaining about having too much work, he believes not having a clear walkway is too much work.
How can I piss off my driver without getting in trouble? What are some little things that really piss off a driver?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster

I got asked that same question from a preload here in Orlando, you sure your not him and saying you're from Cali?

You could, place evelopes on shelves face down and under everything. Place random bulk stops in one place, then shove one or two in random places in the car. Take random air and savers and shove them in backwords order. You could just load the car as normal and shove 2000's in 8000's. Its a mixed bag of fun, still you'll get in trouble the next day, but the picture of it playing out in your mind on the stress you placed on that guy is priceless.

The first thing I learned here is not to piss anyone off. Yet, drivers will piss you off. And as it goes, as it has been said the ***** rolls down hill. And here and can roll up hill too. You piss someone off below or above you, expect it to rain on you or on them. Guess what, you piss me off driver, its time you learned that lesson yourself.

You get paid 70k+ a year to gripe at a job just as hard as yours, even harder at times, at 15k a year and think your right? Most drivers came from easy scrap jobs, small sort, debag and others. They never really worked a hard job here before. Now, that they actually have to touch packages and work for a change, they are pissed off. This job has lots of babies, deal with it.

Loyal Teamster

I got asked that same question from a preload here in Orlando, you sure your not him and saying you're from Cali?

You could, place evelopes on shelves face down and under everything. Place random bulk stops in one place, then shove one or two in random places in the car. Take random air and savers and shove them in backwords order. You could just load the car as normal and shove 2000's in 8000's. Its a mixed bag of fun, still you'll get in trouble the next day, but the picture of it playing out in your mind on the stress you placed on that guy is priceless.

The first thing I learned here is not to piss anyone off. Yet, drivers will piss you off. And as it goes, as it has been said the ***** rolls down hill. And here and can roll up hill too. You piss someone off below or above you, expect it to rain on you or on them. Guess what, you piss me off driver, its time you learned that lesson yourself.

You get paid 70k+ a year to gripe at a job just as hard as yours, even harder at times, at 15k a year and think your right? Most drivers came from easy scrap jobs, small sort, debag and others. They never really worked a hard job here before. Now, that they actually have to touch packages and work for a change, they are pissed off. This job has lots of babies, deal with it.

hmmmm, I can add an air from 4 trucks down by changing the PAL sticker. I bet that would piss him off without getting me in trouble.

I've never seen anyone fired for that ever. Most loads are bad enough to declare such a claim, end of story.

They had this building wide handout before I went on vacation and one of the topics was "sabotage". When asked what it meant one of the instances would be "knowingly misloading.....blah blah blah". I guess they had a rash of people tossing boxes in others loads, etc. Basically they grouped it in with dishonesty.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
hmmmm, I can add an air from 4 trucks down by changing the PAL sticker. I bet that would piss him off without getting me in trouble.

Let's see, we know that you're from Dallas, and we know you drive (in your mind) a 60's something Chrysler. Keep dropping clues, and as soon as you do sabotage that load, see ya'!!!!!!