How's the view???........

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Fiestaware only comes in solid colors and a very distinctive pattern to it. I grew up with my mom having hundreds of Fiestaware pieces so I can spot the stuff a mile a way. She has some of the older stuff that is worth a couple pennies as well. Lead paint and all.
I have lots of fiestaware. On second look i see it is not solid, the concentric rings caught my eye. I live 25 miles from the factory, homer laughlin, where they still make it today, on the banks of the ohio river.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had to put one of my cats down last weekend. She was 19 and had started to pee all over the house. I brought her to a shelter----they wouldn't take her but they were kind enough to make a few phone calls to find a local vet who would euthanize her. It was kind of surreal-----I was on my cell phone calling the vet after I left the shelter and within a half hour she had been put down.
Why would you take a sick cat to a shelter? You left it behind to be euthanized, and didnt stay with it?? I dont understand. A shelter is for an animal who has no home. You had it for 19 years, and just dropped it off???

Cementups

Box Monkey
Why would you take a sick cat to a shelter? You left it behind to be euthanized, and didnt stay with it?? I dont understand. A shelter is for an animal who has no home. You had it for 19 years, and just dropped it off???

maybe he thought one day it would get smart and just pack it's crap and leave him like his wife did and he wouldn't have to deal with it's end of life procedures.

trickpony1

.....and years from now, when Dave is laying on his deathbed, is he gonna wonder, "gee, where are all the people I've loved and why aren't they here in my final moments?"?

Sad.....truly sad.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
maybe he thought one day it would get smart and just pack it's crap and leave him like his wife did and he wouldn't have to deal with it's end of life procedures.
Its a heartbreaking time. But 19 yrs, is like having a child....i couldnt bear not being with them at the end. They know somethings wrong, they look to the person they have been with for comfort. For all they give us, we owe them that.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Tears me up every time I lose a pet. That is where my user name comes from. We had a wonderful Golden named Joeboo. She picked us was when she was a pup and when we said goodbye it just tore me up.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Its a heartbreaking time. But 19 yrs, is like having a child....i couldnt bear not being with them at the end. They know somethings wrong, they look to the person they have been with for comfort. For all they give us, we owe them that.

My cat Cooper is almost 12 and I already fear the day he decides he's done here. His sister died last year and it was a little heartbreaking but when Cooper goes......I don't know that there will be a replacement for him. He's my best buddy. Better than most dogs.

rod

Retired 22 years
My cat Cooper is almost 12 and I already fear the day he decides he's done here. His sister died last year and it was a little heartbreaking but when Cooper goes......I don't know that there will be a replacement for him. He's my best buddy. Better than most dogs.

I'm down to ZERO pets now and can't say I really want another one. The neighbors black lab comes over and brings his rubber ball to play with and his cat comes over and visits me and kills a mouse or two. Life is good. I like to pull up stakes and leave whenever we want to and not have to bother anyone else to watch our pets.

trickpony1

......I don't know that there will be a replacement for him.

It is said, "the only gift an animal has to give is the love it leaves behind. Take that love and give it to another animal.".

I had to put down our dog recently. Going to the Vet when he was in good health was so traumatic that he would shake uncontrollably and slobber everywhere.

I couldn't bear to see his last moments in sheer fear so I paid the Vet and an assistant to come to my home where he could pass peacefully. It was the least I could do.

RIP Bizkit.....also known as Booger Bear.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have no one i trust to watch mine. This will be it for me. If i survive when she goes. The only thing i really have. My best friend.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Fiestaware only comes in solid colors and a very distinctive pattern to it. I grew up with my mom having hundreds of Fiestaware pieces so I can spot the stuff a mile a way. She has some of the older stuff that is worth a couple pennies as well. Lead paint and all.
I'm always seeing my "starter stuff" in antique shops. I see Pyrex nesting bowls, like I had when we were first married.
Blue Cornflower Corning Ware too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Loos like someone needed to review this........#9 and #10 especially

Top Ten Commandments for a Responsible Pet Owner

1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Remember that ANY SEPARATION from you will be painful for me.

2. Give me the time to understand what you want from me.

3. Place your trust in me…it's CRUCIAL to my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up for punishment. You have your work, your friends, and your entertainment. I HAVE ONLY YOU!!!

5. TALK to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your voice when it's speaking to me.

6. Be aware that HOWEVER you treat me, I'll never forget it.

7. Remember before you hit me, that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones of your hand, but I choose NOT to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something may be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right foods, I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is old and weak.

9. Take care of me when I get old…you, too, will grow old.

10. Go with me on difficult journeys. NEVER say, "I can't bear to watch it," or, "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if YOU are there. Above all, remember, that I LOVE YOU!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Sorry for your loss. If you don't mind me asking how old do horses get? I'm dumb when it comes to horses.
18 to 27
Some older. Usually out to pasture by 18. Mine was younger, i had 3, sugar was a rescue, i had her when i was 12/13. We wormed her and the infestation was do bad, she died. But in the short time i had her, she was a wonder.
My parents didnt have a lot of $ for a vet, we just thought she needed fed.
I actually won quite a few shows with her, before my neighbor, called a vet in, and decided she needed wormed. And that was it, she got clogged up and died from the poison.

Last edited:
L

Little Brownie Girl

Had to put my horse "Cubby" down last fall. I could stand at the fence and call his name across the pasture and he come running.
30 years old. I was giving him his last carrot when the vet gave him his shot. He laid down and here I was this 63 year old man just
crying his eyes out. And as I'm writing this I got tears in my eyes. Amazing what animals do to you.
Our spirit friends are our family and we must grieve them to understand and validate our feelings. When I had to put my first rescue horse down I cried and sang to him in 3 feet of snow waiting for the vet and it was 35 below with the wind chill factor....and he asked me to let him go....he wanted peace but he had left so much love for me my heart will never be empty..and we will meet with them in the field again when it is our turn....much love to you