How's the view???........

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Wiring can easily do it when it is allowed to chafe and short to ground with sufficient amperage and no fusing. Oily insulation burns quite well and 1400 amps is plenty of current.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Walking back and now admitting it could happen?

A stuck starter solenoid does not just "happen" but would/should have been noticed by the driver during the day and written up for the mechanic to repair/replace.

Your claim that a package car parked in the lineup with no know mechanical issues "all of a sudden" caught on fire is simply false.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Your customers follow you on Facebook?

I have been on the same route for twenty years, many of them I consider as friends more than customers. A select few I socialize more with and I give my phone number out to. I still have an un-opened bottle of the same scotch they gave me last Christmas. I really was over-whelmed with their generosity. I take care of my people and they take care of me.

I have been on the same route for twenty years, many of them I consider as friends more than customers. A select few I socialize more with and I give my phone number out to. I still have an un-opened bottle of the same scotch they gave me last Christmas. I really was over-whelmed with their generosity. I take care of my people and they take care of me.
It's nice to have customers like that. I've been on my route for aover 20 years also.

oldngray

nowhere special

My customers were nice to me too. If you are on a route long enough you get to know everyone.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As do I; however, none of them know my last name or where I live. I certainly wouldn't interact with any of them on social media. That is a line that I will not cross.

1Low59

No. Just reaffirming that none of my vehicles have ever caught fire due to some defect.
A pkg driver in the Bay Area wired his car stereo to the truck and left it hooked up throughout the night. Guy didn't know what he was doing and it shorted out and caught fire inside the bldg. Burned his truck down and the ones parked on either side of it. Luckily car wash was still there and were able to contain it.