I am rethinking UPS as a career

barnyard

KTM rider
A friend posted this to facebook

I have been thinking about it a bunch. My wife noticed that since I have been off work, I am more relaxed, easier to live with and have anti-aged 10 years.

The money is nice, but the cost appears to be higher. It is just not worth it to me anymore.

I have been sober for 23 years now, I think it is time to get some serenity back.

jaker

trolling
I know how you feel I went out on workmans comp for 6 months , I felt better , slept better look younger , not grumpy but I wouldn't ever quite because no matter what the job does to me I love what it does for my family

bluehdmc

I know how you feel I went out on workmans comp for 6 months , I felt better , slept better look younger , not grumpy but I wouldn't ever quite because no matter what the job does to me I love what it does for my family

If the stress puts you in an early grave was it worth it?

No one ever said on their deathbed, "I wish I'd spent more time at work."

GolfCart

I want out, but UPS has my balls in thier hands , I can not go anywhere . 24 yrs AND the grass is always NOT greener on the other side ? SO I guess I am stuck in a rut .

jaker

trolling
If the stress puts you in an early grave was it worth it?

No one ever said on their deathbed, "I wish I'd spent more time at work."
Anything you do in life can put you in a early grave it's your choice if you do or don't , what I was saying I am glad what ups does for my family so I know I have to keep working here , but that doesn't mean I won't use my FHP's , sick days and opt week to its full advantage every year

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I want out, but UPS has my balls in thier hands , I can not go anywhere . 24 yrs AND the grass is always NOT greener on the other side ? SO I guess I am stuck in a rut .
dude,, it could be alot worse,, you got a good pension, good hourly pay, we make good money for reason, we earn it.. ............................$ ='s responsibility
it will pay off in the end

GolfCart

dude,, it could be alot worse,, you got a good pension, good hourly pay, we make good money for reason, we earn it.. ............................$ ='s responsibility
it will pay off in the end

I do work HARD and I do make great money , but I just want some respect !! Thats all respect !!

Not me I love the game. This place keeps me sharp. Helpless me-sters need me for the time being. By the time I can go I'll be a business agent and why would I stop then. I'll be needed and immersed in this ups culture that is so disfuncitional. We are here because we want to be and we like it. Gluttons for punishment

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

Does UPS say Goochy, Goochy, Goochy when they are holding your balls? My cat likes that.

bbsam

Staff member
Since when is serenity dependent on where one is, where one works, how much one makes, or one's general position in the world? That is all a product of incorrect focus. Granted, easy to do in the frenzy of everyday life, but changing the surroundings doesn't have to happen and can magnify other concerns.

curiousbrain

Unless you are one of the happy few who has a job that pays great and offers little stress, you will always be happier when you are not working than when you are working - especially if you have a family. That is not to say that UPS doesn't offer a more stressful environment than others, but what public corporation doesn't? I sympathize with the essence of the sentiment, but I also fail to grasp why it is such a shock that you are happier spending time off work than at work. Isn't that normal?

S

splozi

How many of you guys have been inside of a nursing home? I'm sure plenty of you. Those places are so effing depressing. Some of those people literally look like they're about to die - like they have no understanding of what's going on around them. Not everybody ends up that way. Becoming mentally lazy is a quick way to get there though. UPS may not be 'rocket science', but it does keep you thinking. Mental activity is just as important as physical to keep you going into old age without ending up like some of those people. Be careful going down an easier path.