I backed in to a mailbox today....

nWo

Go completely destroy that mailbox in your personal vehicle tonight. Make sure the run over any tire tracks as well.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
First time poster here. My on road had me work in Santa Fe today and they ended up putting me in a rental. I passed my packet about two weeks ago as a TCD. The rental didn't have a back up camera and the area I made the mistake of pulling in to was tight, but that is no excuse and I just messed up. Ended up bumping in to a mailbox and now it's leaning slighty. I'm going to tell my supervisor tomorrow and I know there's a good chance I'll lose my job but I figured I would post on here and see if anyone has had a similar experience. And for anyone that has seen this before, how likely do you think it is that they will terminate me?
You Will Never Be An RPCD

Ackerlin

First off, the company putting any driver into a rental is unsafe and unprofessional, add to the fact that it did not have a back up camera in 2021 is a safety hazard. Obviously management will place the blame onto you, but if you had reported it right away and got with your business agent soon after and explained the situation you can bet your ass he'd fight for you and you wouldn't lose your job, and most likely would have never been thrown into a rental again.

But now that you've waited a day, and how new you are, I'm not so sure they'll be able to keep you on. Better off not even reporting and roll the dice at this point.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
First time poster here. My on road had me work in Santa Fe today and they ended up putting me in a rental. I passed my packet about two weeks ago as a TCD. The rental didn't have a back up camera and the area I made the mistake of pulling in to was tight, but that is no excuse and I just messed up. Ended up bumping in to a mailbox and now it's leaning slighty. I'm going to tell my supervisor tomorrow and I know there's a good chance I'll lose my job but I figured I would post on here and see if anyone has had a similar experience. And for anyone that has seen this before, how likely do you think it is that they will terminate me?

bddaddy

i hit a mailbox once. no damage to my car but spun the box on its post. called it in immediately and my sup went out. it took a 25 cent screw to fix it and the homeowner was happy. i could have lost mt job over a 25 cent screw...

opie

We've had drivers hitting mailboxes and didn't report it. All fired. One even paid the homeowner several hundred dollars to keep quiet and a new box. And the homeowner still complained to UPS.

Non sequitur

Nice avatar

i hit a mailbox once. no damage to my car but spun the box on its post. called it in immediately and my sup went out. it took a 25 cent screw to fix it and the homeowner was happy. i could have lost mt job over a 25 cent screw...
25 cents for a single screw?!! Jesus, they sure saw him coming.

WorknLateHuh

You look out your window and see someone deliver to your house. They back up and smash into your mailbox, leaving it completely crooked. Then they get out, look at it, look around to see if anyone saw, and then get in their truck and leave.

You are gonna be pissed. Do the right thing and call it in. It's good that you recognize your error now, but it may be too late.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
We've had drivers hitting mailboxes and didn't report it. All fired. One even paid the homeowner several hundred dollars to keep quiet and a new box. And the homeowner still complained to UPS.
I also knew a driver that paid a customer after he damaged a car. Caught and fired. He had 15 years in. Stupid

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Customers blame us even when its not us!

ezgif-1-77c16373c574.gif