I do not care anymore!

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart and soul for the support, concerns, and well wishes. Just working until retirement and trying not to take it out on others that do not deserve it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart and soul for the support, concerns, and well wishes. Just working until retirement and trying not to take it out on others that do not deserve it.

Hang in there, Tired.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel. I made it and you can too.

Box Ox

And if you don't like the union then why work a union job? Oh yeah the pay/benefits are better. Go stand by your principles and go get a non union job then. Oh you won't? Exactly. It's called you're a hypocrite.

This. We all sink or swim together. Especially if you're on the younger end like me. You anti-union guys will get your pay and benefits wiped out along with the rest of us if you don't support the only reason you've got them in the first place. If we didn't have the union we'd all be thrown to the wolves.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Put in for an 8 hour day this Friday and get home early. It will give you something to look forward to

blkmamba

Yep. I left for more opportunity, money and benefits. I didn't want to end up some 20 something know it all living in my parents house.

Some of us actually have a work ethic, a life and see the bigger picture.

Meanwhile there's :censored2: kids like you that love to mooch off the benefits/money that was fought for by people with more integrity than you would know what to do with. But hey keep saying how the union sucks and all us older guys just complain. Remember those are the two things that give you what you have at ups.

Put in your letter kid. With how awesome you are, ups will promote you to CEO in no time.

Oh and you obviously have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to stock. It absolutely would be worth more if it was privately controlled.

I strongly believe in the ideals behind unions as they created a safer place of employment. However, today most unions are corrupt or at the very least no longer look out for the best interest of their members. How many people who run unions today have actually worked the jobs they are fighting for? Sadly, they have become about politics rather than advancing the working class.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They quit asking you to help when your eta is air time. Skip your lunches and breaks to get off early and give your time to UPS because as you know they have no money.

clean hairy

As long as a person can show the Customers the same energy as when they were young is best.
We are the face of UPS.
Try not to convey the "I don't care anymore to the Customer"
Granted, it is very difficult to do. Blow off steam during lunch, or between stops.
Dig deep down, and do the best to make the Customer experience as pleasant as possible!

Foamer Pyle

Can't tell you how many times I felt like leaving my truck on the route and taking a cab home....several...!!!

Yes this place sucks balls most of the time but we have good pay and benefits.

Too many people work hard and make nothing. Try to find a bright spot.

But trust me, I know and feel your pain.
I may do that once I get my 30 in, certainly not ruling that out. All it will take is the right management person pushing me just a little to far on the right day.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I may do that once I get my 30 in, certainly not ruling that out. All it will take is the right management person pushing me just a little to far on the right day.
usually when you have the "do not care attitude " the bosses sense that and leave you alone.

so its a win-win situation.

watdaflock?

arice11

I agree with the premise. Why worry about a shady uninterested union and the hour pinching managers, employees working for free who get better positions cause their in the building and moving things before the computers are even up to clock 'em in?
I need to take this guys idea and run with it. At least till I find a better job that doesn't revolve around the greediest pencil pushing bureaucrats.

UPSGUY72

They quit asking you to help when your eta is air time. Skip your lunches and breaks to get off early and give your time to UPS because as you know they have no money.

I don't skip my paid breaks but I will only take a 5 min lunch squeezed between my 2 10 min breaks for a 25 min break. I only put a 5 minute lunch in the board unless I take more and they don't care I have been doing it for years and so has half my center.

I don't get more work than anyone else because orion tells them how long it going to take to deliver so many stops that day. I do get paid the same amount of OT I would have if I took my full lunch and I do get home earlier.