I have a question for everyone.

Thebrownblob

They dangle that bonus carrot in front of new drivers who don't know better
Yep what they don’t tell you is if you start making bonus, they can change your unit numbers and codes. Basically if you have a large pick up instead of giving you credit for picking up one package at a time they can say you’re picking up nine or 10 effectively erasing your time allowance. Which is exactly why you should not enter into this agreement acknowledging the “time studies” is a big mistake.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yep what they don’t tell you is if you start making bonus, they can change your unit numbers and codes. Basically if you have a large pick up instead of giving you credit for picking up one package at a time they can say you’re picking up nine or 10 effectively erasing your time allowance. Which is exactly why you should not enter into this agreement acknowledging the “time studies” is a big mistake.
Containerized allowance. I saw it happen. They want drivers to run in the hope of making a little bonus but won't hesitate to change the numbers if someone is making too much bonus. Unless it is one of their "special" drivers. They might leave a couple of routes with good allowances as teasers but for most it is a fantasy.

Thebrownblob

Containerized allowance. I saw it happen. They want drivers to run in the hope of making a little bonus but won't hesitate to change the numbers if someone is making too much bonus. Unless it is one of their "special" drivers. They might leave a couple of routes with good allowances as teasers but for most it is a fantasy.
It’s a fool’s errand for sure.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Bonus centers are rotten with scum drivers who work for free and get mad when they are asked to 05. Bonus centers should be eradicated.
7B6538A1-C49A-4CDC-9FB2-F6AC9F4FC26C.gif

Ejadect

When you go to your first stop, and you have 2 pkgs (it's a business). You only find one, so you sheet up the other one as not found. Then go about your business. About 3 hours later you find the one you were missing. At this point you are about (just an example) 3 miles away. So, when you think it's time to go back and deliver the one you found before 5pm. Do you sheet it up as an extra stop or do you sheet it up as duplicate because you were already there in the morning?
It’s a duplicate stop. The additional miles will help your planned day. Hit duplicate on your DIAD

Trucker Clock

failure to account for human behaviour and subjective reasoning in a recording device is failure on behalf of the company.

Not necessarily. Drivers are trained on what a duplicate stop is. If he wasn't, and the Company didn't have his training packet showing it, he would be back.

It has nothing to do with dishonesty.

Yes it did. He was the most over allowed in the Center and was on their radar. He tried to "fudge" his numbers to make his planned day, and over allowed, look better.

shame that so many of you would disagree.

He was trained on how to do it and not only ignored it, but went above and beyond to fudge his delivery records.

We are not robots, we don't have some perfect memory bank in our heads that we rely on while recording stops.

You think it is a memory problem that a driver thinks it is OK to record 4 separate suites as 4 separate stops and deliver them to one location and get one signature?

Sorry, but we all know that is 1 stop, no memory issues there.

I do believe there is more to the story though. The Panel was supposed to be last week. We have not heard from him. I cannot believe the Company would push a discharge, for a 23 year driver, to the Panel for this first offense. Even though they went back weeks and found plenty of the same number fudging. I would have assumed a 2 week suspension.

AKCoverMan

I do believe there is more to the story though. The Panel was supposed to be last week. We have not heard from him. I cannot believe the Company would push a discharge, for a 23 year driver, to the Panel for this first offense. Even though they went back weeks and found plenty of the same number fudging. I would have assumed a 2 week suspension.
Or the company was trying to make an example because it’s that’s time of year and they want to scare everyone.

Just because company told him they had more examples doesn’t mean they did. He may have gotten job back at or right before Panel and been told by BA to not discuss details. So he’s laying low. The company “fires” people to intimidate the labor group, we all know this.

I do agree even if he was screwing up recording suites (very possible on the Six) that going to termination as the first disciplinary step doesn’t seem right at all.

AKCoverMan

He was trained on how to do it and not only ignored it, but went above and beyond to fudge his delivery records.
Are you sure he was trained? How about specific training for it on the Six? I bet I could survey drivers In my building and at least a quarter of them would not know what we are talking about with “duplicate stop” discussion.

Above and beyond to fudge? I’d say with the Six you have to go above and beyond to make suites delivered to a common point record as duplicate. It’s a pain in the backside.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
Are you sure he was trained? How about specific training for it on the Six? I bet I could survey drivers In my building and at least a quarter of them would not know what we are talking about with “duplicate stop” discussion.

Above and beyond to fudge? I’d say with the Six you have to go above and beyond to make suites delivered Tom’s common point record as duplicate. It’s a pain in the backside.
They could probably find something he foolishly signed saying he had been trained on duplicate stops.

AKCoverMan

They could probably find something he foolishly signed saying he had been trained on duplicate stops.
I don’t ever recall any training whatsoever on the issue in 18 years. Only time I use dupe is when I close a stop and realize I missed a package, so I make a duplicate stop while I’m still there. And I’ve probably forgotten to do that sometimes..it’s frankly not something at top of mind during my workday.

I have always sheeted two trips to the same stop as two stops if I physically have to go there twice.

oldngray

nowhere special
I don’t ever recall any training whatsoever on the issue in 18 years. Only time I use dupe is when I close a stop and realize I missed a package, so I make a duplicate stop while I’m still there. And I’ve probably forgotten to do that sometimes..it’s frankly not something at top of mind during my workday.

I have always sheeted two trips to the same stop as two stops if I physically have to go there twice.
It usually isn't something that they make an issue about unless you are seriously abusing it. A couple of stops once in a while? No big deal. 15-20 stops a day? That will end up biting you in the ass.

Thebrownblob

Above and beyond to fudge? I’d say with the Six you have to go above and beyond to make suites delivered to a common point record as duplicate. It’s a pain in the backside.
Still have never told us and never comes up. It used to be quite a hot button issue several years ago. I took the liberty after I found out how to do it on here to ask my full-time supervisor how to do it and he did not know. Similar to how they really don’t know how to do a left at for apartments either. L O L.

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

Still have never told us up and never comes up. Are used to be quite a hot button issue several years ago. I took the liberty after I found out how to do it on here to ask my full-time supervisor how to do it and he did not know. Similar to how they really don’t know how to do a left at for apartments either. L O L.
This is why when I see ORS going out with one of our members I go to the car and tell the member “Try to teach him (the Supe) a few things today.” 🤣🤣