I know its is a waste of time......

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
But does anyone ever pay attention to the big red arrows that say "this side up" on all four
sides of the box? Went to the center to pick up my NDA's, and every one of them was standing on end. Now, that's no problem if you get dry goods, but the boxes were marked live fish as well.

Now, you take a 28 inch long fish, place her into a 30 inch long box. The bag is 1/4 filled with water, the rest pure O2. So now this $1200 fish is either face down, with her mouth pressed firmly against the plastic bag so she cant breathe, or tail down, with her head out of the water so she cant breathe, and the weight against her tail is going to break her spine.......

What the hell is going on now days at UPS? Yall forget how to read??

iowa boy

Common sense isn't as common as it used to be at UPS.

Our chase for those ever elusive numbers has gotten more intense.

BTW, good to see you back.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
But does anyone ever pay attention to the big red arrows that say "this side up" on all four
sides of the box? Went to the center to pick up my NDA's, and every one of them was standing on end. Now, that's no problem if you get dry goods, but the boxes were marked live fish as well.

Now, you take a 28 inch long fish, place her into a 30 inch long box. The bag is 1/4 filled with water, the rest pure O2. So now this $1200 fish is either face down, with her mouth pressed firmly against the plastic bag so she cant breathe, or tail down, with her head out of the water so she cant breathe, and the weight against her tail is going to break her spine.......

Feel free to post where you work so we can go to a website and complain about an incident that happened to us instead of going to the place is actually happened and complaining there to someone who might actually have the power to insure it doesn't happen again.

barnyard

KTM rider
Live fish and nitrogen freezers are the 2 things that I pay attention to the arrows. Everything else, not so much. (hazards too)

Been a while.

I hope you are well.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yall forget how to read??
Here, let me help you with some reading material next time you choose to ship a $1200 live fish.

http://www.ups.com/animals

Packages containing live animals must be prepared in accordance with the requirements as specifically stated herein. Packages containing live animals must provide for the basic humane care and safety of the animal during transportation. Any package containing a live animal shall be considered a perishable commodity and will be accepted for transportation solely at the shipper´s risk for any damage or loss arising from the perishable nature of the item. UPS shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages.

There is a reason for that, feel free to look at FedEX as well, it's written the same.

That is of course if you can read.

Cementups

Box Monkey
When I make the deliveries I try and make sure they are upright just to appease the customer. And when I pick up from a customer and they are within view, I keep the orientation arrows up. Other than that, no worries since it's going to touch several other hands in it's journey through the UPS system and it most assuredly won't stay up right through it's travels.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Why would you put a 28 inch long fish into a 30 inch long bag 1/4 filled with water? That's pretty messed up man. Sounds like maybe you should get a more humane hobby.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert

I've met 3 people in a year of working here that I've confirmed are completely unable to read, they speak into smart phones to send messages and what not. Do what you will with that info from there lol..

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I've met 3 people in a year of working here that I've confirmed are completely unable to read, they speak into smart phones to send messages and what not. Do what you will with that info from there lol..
That sounds more like semi-literate. How about doing CBT's with no sound?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

Sounds more than a bit cruel. I know it's just a fish, but, dang! PS: welcome back from Siberia.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

You answered your question with the title of the thread; this is not the same ups where you retired.

Dust in the wind.....

Johney

You have been gone from UPS for a long time and obviously haven't been on here to see what has been going on with UPS, so call in a complaint where no one cares cause no one here does. Bye bye Dannyboy.

P

pickup

Sorry , Dannyboy, I share the same consternation as you do with the arrows on the boxes not pointing in the upward position. When I am on the back of a trailer waiting for the okay from the sup to pull it . I take a look at all the upside down arrows. Seems like almost every box is upside down. I wonder if these some of these loaders think that the arrows should be pointed down.

Yes , Danny, Ups has changed and apparently so has brown cafe. Judging by some of the smartalec comments, not a lot of people know that you were once a solid member of the brown cafe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Pickup, it is amazing how our memories tend to focus on the positive rather than reality.

Dannyboy was a pompous ass who thought himself better than anyone else on this forum.

wayfair

swollen member
Have had this happen a few times and it kills me that my preloader can't figure it out...

Some shippers have figured out if you put a 5 gallon paint bucket in a box they won't get charged the extra handling fee's... I find those paint bucket boxes loaded on the top shelf(or wherever) upside down or on it's side. Had a bucket of latex paint bust open one time