i literally hate going to work eveyday. preload is a joke.

redshift1

seriously working at a ups center for preload has to be the worst job in the world. management is a joke, ive been here for 4 months and cant stand this crap already. its almost as if they are taught how to do everything in the most inefficient way, like putting the heaviest trucks at the front of the belts and wondering why you cant keep up with the split and 2 p10s. Im sick of being yelled at by people for having tiny imperfections like letting a damaged package go by.. sorry i was busy splitting the belt by myself and pulling off 20 RDLS that weigh more than i do and dont have yellow tape(seriously), next time ill make sure to snag the 20 cases of quicken that fell out, place them in the box and send it down the rollers to you. Im starting to wonder if every ups hub/center is like this or its just mine, i cant imagine its like this everywhere. I just cant wait to be a driver and forget about all this horse ****. ill just giggle at them when they ask why im stacked out. All the employees are stressed out and never smile... man what a fun place to work!

What you see know is exactly what to expect in the future.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
seriously working at a ups center for preload has to be the worst job in the world. management is a joke, ive been here for 4 months and cant stand this crap already. its almost as if they are taught how to do everything in the most inefficient way, like putting the heaviest trucks at the front of the belts and wondering why you cant keep up with the split and 2 p10s. Im sick of being yelled at by people for having tiny imperfections like letting a damaged package go by.. sorry i was busy splitting the belt by myself and pulling off 20 RDLS that weigh more than i do and dont have yellow tape(seriously), next time ill make sure to snag the 20 cases of quicken that fell out, place them in the box and send it down the rollers to you. Im starting to wonder if every ups hub/center is like this or its just mine, i cant imagine its like this everywhere. I just cant wait to be a driver and forget about all this horse ****. ill just giggle at them when they ask why im stacked out. All the employees are stressed out and never smile... man what a fun place to work!

im guessing you're a supervisor right?

oh really? im actually not that type at all, ive never complained but its starting to get a bit ridiculous. I can load 4 trucks fairly well, but what they're doing now is flat out stupid and impossible. its good to know i could earn more working for a clothing store doing nothing. They worry about misloads but if the flow was manageable and we didnt start at the bare minimum time to finish by 9 there wouldnt be misloads.

atleast they get payed like human beings and are looked at a little more highly than dirt.

im one of the friendlier people in my center, and i never get mad during preload but its starting to get to me. Like i said they have the heaviest trucks at the front of the belt (only my side of course) and it IS physically impossible. but im getting talked to constantly. I loaded 3 trucks everyday and never misloaded, somethings wrong and its not me.

the trucks wouldnt be a problem if they werent heavy as hell. They get stacked front to back. and the bulk stop is ridiculous. Its a truck thats normally at the very end of the belt.

Never complained and one of the friendlier people? You could have fooled me. This whole thread is a rant about how bad you feel, where you work. Do you know that 99% of the poeple you are ranting to have also suffered and survived UPS boot camp? You don't just jump into a top dollar position around here, you have to prove your worth. There's an order and a reasoning for what you're doing.

I agree that preload/reload and all the jobs in between are rigorous. I agree that it seems like it doesn't make sense. I also hate to listen to supervisors tell me stuff that is obviously wrong.

On the other hand, UPS has been here for 100 years. The UPS way is time tested and profitable. Are you going to tell me that you have a better way of running this company? Look, friend, not all jobs are easy. You accepted this position and can very well reject it if you like, but as is usually the case in life, good things come to those who wait. You're 4 months into something that could be a great career for you one day. On the other hand, 4 months is nothing and you can chalk it up to, lesson learned and move on.

These 2 very real choices are yours. But I tell you this, my friend, if you must choose, choose wisely. Think of the future and what it holds for you. Life is more than just today and all the crap that was thrown at you. Take charge of yourself, stand up straight and make a choice, and when you do, stick with it and see it through. Maybe, 20 years form now, you'll be a proud UPS'er, who's glad he/she stuck it out. Maybe you'll work somewhere else and be equally as proud. Whatever the case, make your stand and stick with it.:peaceful:

Re-Raise

im one of the friendlier people in my center, and i never get mad during preload but its starting to get to me. Like i said they have the heaviest trucks at the front of the belt (only my side of course) and it IS physically impossible. but im getting talked to constantly. I loaded 3 trucks everyday and never misloaded, somethings wrong and its not me.

Sorry to break it to you, but it is you. Supervisors don't spend a lot of time 'talking' to people who can do their job.

Is this a new lineup they are trying just to see how they can screw you?

You'll never be a driver, but if you were you would be the one who thinks you have the only heavy dispatch in the building also.

Service Failure

Loading 2 p10's and splitting the belt is by no means impossible. 2 is the absolute minimum they can give you as a split. I feel lucky to go to work everyday and only load 2 trucks and split because it helps me save energy to go out a drive for the rest of the day. If two trucks is too much for you to handle and you feel you are above this job, nobody is forcing you to stay.

There are a lot of things to complain about with this company but that is far from one of them. If they had you loading 2 p10's, and 2 8's and split then we have a different story.

I hope you are just having a bad week and blowing off a little steam. Remember that this is just a job. You are paid by the hour to do a job and that's it. Suck it up and deal with it. It never really gets any better. You just learn to cope with it and smile.

upsdude99

You might want to find another line of work if you are this unhappy after 4 monthes with UPS. It's not worth it for your or your co-workers. If you think driving will be easier; think again. Drivers are going out with big days and new drivers must qualify in their 30 day pre-senior period and that's not easy for some.

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
oh really? im actually not that type at all, ive never complained but its starting to get a bit ridiculous. I can load 4 trucks fairly well, but what they're doing now is flat out stupid and impossible. its good to know i could earn more working for a clothing store doing nothing. They worry about misloads but if the flow was manageable and we didnt start at the bare minimum time to finish by 9 there wouldnt be misloads.

i agree with upstate, quit your job. if you are so unhappy just quit. i am sure you are making others miserableat work since you are so miserable. jobs are so hard to come by. instead of Bit$^ing about, be happy you have a job. if you cant do that, leave and make room for someone that will appreciate the work. and, another assumption you are making is that driing will be easier the loading. same management that you will have to put up with. so, suck it up and drive on, or quit and make room for those that appreciate having a job. and, by the way, this is why they call it WORK. its not called party time, or play time. its work. its not supposed to be fun.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
i agree with upstate, quit your job. if you are so unhappy just quit. i am sure you are making others miserableat work since you are so miserable. jobs are so hard to come by. instead of Bit$^ing about, be happy you have a job. if you cant do that, leave and make room for someone that will appreciate the work. and, another assumption you are making is that driing will be easier the loading. same management that you will have to put up with. so, suck it up and drive on, or quit and make room for those that appreciate having a job. and, by the way, this is why they call it WORK. its not called party time, or play time. its work. its not supposed to be fun.

I take it you're still waiting for your new laptop?:happy2:

New Englander

Never complained and one of the friendlier people? You could have fooled me. This whole thread is a rant about how bad you feel, where you work. Do you know that 99% of the poeple you are ranting to have also suffered and survived UPS boot camp? You don't just jump into a top dollar position around here, you have to prove your worth. There's an order and a reasoning for what you're doing.

Steve....we are a Union, you absolutely do not have to prove your worth. Only put the time in.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve....we are a Union, you absolutely do not have to prove your worth. Only put the time in.

Like it or not, that's proving your worth. If you're not worthy, you quit. Wasn't trying to suggest anything else. Have you put your letter in for management, yet?:wink2:

That was a joke, NE, take it easy already.

New Englander

Like it or not, that's proving your worth. If you're not worthy, you quit. Wasn't trying to suggest anything else. Have you put your letter in for management, yet?:wink2:

That was a joke, NE, take it easy already.

Unfortunately......putting your time in isn't proving your worth. Thats why there are some extremely crappy drivers. I'm guessing this guy would fit that bill!:peaceful:

sealbasher

I wanted to quit everyday for 3 years,but now 18 years in ,15 in same area ,its a cake walk.Sups are still a pain in the butt,if you are doing any job in UPS its not going to be easy

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
I wanted to quit everyday for 3 years,but now 18 years in ,15 in same area ,its a cake walk.Sups are still a pain in the butt,if you are doing any job in UPS its not going to be easy

truer words were never spoken. and this is why they call it work. and the more you bi%$h, the worse it will be.

DS

Fenderbender
sealbasher;[SIZE=3 said:
467363[/SIZE]]I wanted to quit everyday for 3 years,but now 18 years in ,15 in same area ,its a cake walk.Sups are still a pain in the butt,if you are doing any job in UPS its not going to be easy
Basher gets the "best post" award for this,he speaks the truth without talking down to this guy.
Ups is unlike any other place to work for,maybe the clothing store would be a lot easier on him,but at least acknowledge he has every right to bitch because he speaks the truth.
The crap leaking down from the top affects the ones at the bottom the most.

New Englander

The crap effects everyone the same. WE as union employees have some measure of protection. Low level management does not.

It's the same for everyone.

filthpig

Cry me a river. Ever loaded 4 package cars without PAS? I did it for 8 years. i'm the best there ever was. If you're loading to get to the easy money in package, them go home now, boy.