I was fired for Refusing to work as directed

2years ago, your done. Hate to give ya the bad news but unless you get a lwayer your not going to get job back. You should have been on the day after you got fired and everyday til you got your job back. Don't get me wrong I feel bad you lost your job because of their stupidity and arrogance but at the same time its irresponsible that you would not stay on top of it until you got your job back. Not being ignorant or anything just being completely honest with ya. Good luck and get a lawyer, whether you have to get a loan from bank or friend or family member. Good thing though if you somehow by a miracle got your job back, they would owe you back pay.
trust me bro, i contact them many of times. and i will hire a lawyer if i have too, i followed the steps after i was terminated and i dont care if i dont get back pay i just want my job back.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
i dont have money for a lawyer, it just pisses me of that every month they didnt bother taking away my union dues and when i needed them they werent there for me.
You made no attempt, other than phone calls to find out what was going on....it's your fault..that A) you were fired and B) You never physically went down to the union hall in 2 years to find Stuart. You say both your brothers work for ups, and yet neither gave you advice on what to do next?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
trust me bro, i contact them many of times. and i will hire a lawyer if i have too, i followed the steps after i was terminated and i dont care if i dont get back pay i just want my job back.
Well, if I wanted my job back, I wouldn't ask my brother, who's also in the union for advice. I'd just post about it on the internet 2 years later.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Like I said its going to be hard as hell to get it back. Not saying its impossible but you probably have a better chance of finding the missing MALAYSIA plane than getting your job back lol. Good luck though.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I was fired for refusing to work as directed about 2 years ago i was with company for 7 years. My seniority was being violated and the full time manager was laughing as he was doing it, it was a Friday night that i had specifically said to him i would like to go home as soon as you cut somebody of my belt i have to wake up early the next day for a school exam. keep in mind i have to most seniority in the belt. once time came to cut people he started letting others go before me. i brought it to his attention after the second guy he let go with less seniority then me and he just laughed and i told him that it wasn't fair and that i wasn't going to continue working. he then said "well you are fired" he went upstairs and got the paper work together and my shop Stuart said that it wasn't rite what he was doing. i filed grievance rite away and my union rep will always just say he will call me back, and never did. the manager that fired me called me to apologize and said to me to file grievance to get my job back. i tried calling my union rep millions of times and never answers and when he does he always will say i call you back we are working on it. can somebody please help and advice on what to do? im from local 396

Do you have a copy of your grievance? If not, youre finished. At this point, if you did, and the steward failed to represent you as required, you can file a complaint with the NLRB in southern california.

You WILL NEED a copy of any grievances you may have filed on this case. Hopefully you have them and they are specific to your termination.

Contact the NLRB immediately if you do, but dont bother if you dont.

TOS.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
Hey dodgers1986, what did you do to piss off your brothers to the point of them not giving you any advice on this matter two (that's 2) years ago? TOS is right, you won't have a leg to stand on if you don't have any copies of the grievances.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I smell BS in this post. I think there's more to this, like he didn't give a rip that he got fired and never filed. Fast forward two years he's still unemployed and is looking to walk right back into an old job because his lack of follow up applied to his other applications he placed at other employers, if any.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I smell BS in this post. I think there's more to this, like he didn't give a rip that he got fired and never filed. Fast forward two years he's still unemployed and is looking to walk right back into an old job because his lack of follow up applied to his other applications he placed at other employers, if any.
Agreed, if he couldn't find the union hall in 2 years...he doesn't deserve his job back.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
i dont have money for a lawyer, it just pisses me of that every month they didnt bother taking away my union dues and when i needed them they werent there for me. What you did instead was committed a dischargable offense. Bad strategy.

What you should have done was worked as directed, then at the end of the shift, retained your shop steward and filed a grieveance. Your seniority guarantees you the right to work, not the right not to work.

I cannot believe that people spend years and years in this company and literally don't have clue #1 on how to deal with rambunctious supervisors.
Im-done.gif

Mack Grant

I was fired for refusing to work as directed about 2 years ago i was with company for 7 years. My seniority was being violated and the full time manager was laughing as he was doing it, it was a Friday night that i had specifically said to him i would like to go home as soon as you cut somebody of my belt i have to wake up early the next day for a school exam. keep in mind i have to most seniority in the belt. once time came to cut people he started letting others go before me. i brought it to his attention after the second guy he let go with less seniority then me and he just laughed and i told him that it wasn't fair and that i wasn't going to continue working. he then said "well you are fired" he went upstairs and got the paper work together and my shop Stuart said that it wasn't rite what he was doing. i filed grievance rite away and my union rep will always just say he will call me back, and never did. the manager that fired me called me to apologize and said to me to file grievance to get my job back. i tried calling my union rep millions of times and never answers and when he does he always will say i call you back we are working on it. can somebody please help and advice on what to do? im from local 396
You have the right to work, not the right to go home early. I saw many mis-interpret this to their own career ending decisions when I was in the building.

Skooney

I'm so confused.

2 years ago, I spent 11 bucks at McDonalds and now I realize what a mistake that was. I should of spent it at Wendy's.

Can I have my 11 dollars back?

Don't blame the union. Blame your stupidity for thinking you had the right to walk out. Bad choice buddy, time to move on.