I wonder if this means UPS is doubling down on the strike

UnionGuy

I came across this job posting on Indeed. Wonder if UPS is preparing to drag this out.
UPS hiring security.png

Johney

Just like their “automated” buildings??? Keep on seeing now hiring signs on the side of the building I sometimes take loads to. Still can’t staff the operations.
They tried at my old building right before I left, some kind of automated PAL labeling machine. Never could get them to work right causing a primary unload door to be shutdown while they tried to get it working.

DOK

It means one of 2 things:

1. UPS and the teamsters bargain in good faith and gets this wrapped up next week.

2. After thinking about it for 3 weeks UPS comes in with the nuclear option, offering the same deal as they did July 4th in order to force a strike and start the long rebuilding of the brand process of hiring replacement workers and moving forward with out the albatross of the Teamsters hanging around their neck.

This CEO so far has done things to the company we would’ve never dreamed of, stay tuned….

Coldworld

60 months and counting

1. UPS and the teamsters bargain in good faith and gets this wrapped up next week.

2. After thinking about it for 3 weeks UPS comes in with the nuclear option, offering the same deal as they did July 4th in order to force a strike and start the long rebuilding of the brand process of hiring replacement workers and moving forward with out the albatross of the Teamsters hanging around their neck.

This CEO so far has done things to the company we would’ve never dreamed of, stay tuned….
Didn’t they say that a better offer was going to be put forward that builds on their industry leading pay and benefits??? So we can expect a nickel raise over the last proposed offer at least??

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive

UPS can't just get rid of the union and start over as non union, the only realistic path for that is if the members voted out of the union and that is never going to happen.

Even if the Company hired replacements during a strike any deal would involve all striking employees being brought back, any replacements kept would also be union members or potential members in RTW states