Dave Ramsey on ups strike

Upass.

I was listening to the Ramey show today, and a wife of ups driver called and asked Dave Ramsey on how to prepare financially for a possible strike and he was 100% sure that the strike won’t happen and in case the strike happens, then ups will never be the same .

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
I was listening to the Ramey show today, and a wife of ups driver called and asked Dave Ramsey on how to prepare financially for a possible strike and he was 100% sure that the strike won’t happen and in case the strike happens, then ups will never be the same .
He has no better insight to this than anyone else who has posted on BC regarding the negotiations. All you can do is wait for the final proposal, read it, then vote on it and let the chips fall where they may.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

reginald95

Rice, beans. Beans and Rice. Pay off your mortage as fast as possible then start your 401k or other investments. Be a christian and anti woke.

Am I missing anything else?

clean hairy

He gets mad at folks who are 20k in debt, and says cash is king!
But then he encourages folks to take on massive debt to buy a house!

Trash Panda

Yeah, don't have much faith in ol dear dave. Guy is a little slanted as if the husbands should pay off wife's larger student loan balance just because they are married or a couple.

I GOT ONE MORE

Wow, I somewhat followed Ramsey’s baby steps over the years.
I have zero debt, none.
No mortgage
No car payments
No credit card debt
And plenty of cash to pay cash for anything I want.

You can bang on the guy all you want, but there is an indescribable feeling of not having any debt, regardless of how you get there.

I GOT ONE MORE

His 100% is just a guess.
He hedged it with a might.

With about 10 days to go, a strike seems likely….
more likely with each passing day.

A strike will obviously affect the company negatively, with earnings impacted and customer confidence eroded.

The longer a strike goes, more employees will lose their jobs.
Worst case scenario, the company boots the union, picks the pieces rebuilding the brand over a decade……without contracts and a lot of previously bargained expenses.

Sean Carey is exactly like Ron O’Brien….. in fact, it’s easy to mix up their names.

I was there in 97

Attachments

• IMG_1374.jpeg
    IMG_1374.jpeg
    302.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

RTS313

Dave Ramsey, a Christian radio host and personal finance guru, faces a $150 million lawsuit filed by some listeners of his show who allege they were defrauded by a timeshare exit company that advertised on his program.

ThePackageDeli

No wonder I clash with you guys. You guys are anti-Christians. Because if you were Christian, you would seek to handle your finances the way The Bible teaches, or at least recognize the truth when you hear it... You bunch of heathens, shame on you. But anyway he said strike payments for 3 months?! More like one week.