I wonder if this means UPS is doubling down on the strike

RTS313

If true that would mean Ups is paying that security company at the minimum 50.00 dollars an hour for every guard they request.

The security company is taking 31.00 for themselves

Over70irregs

Pension $ for all hours worked.
9.5 language would become a footnote in history. We have to think longer guys. This is why…..⬇️ please tell me you understand this impact…..your kicked can will be a piece of aluminum foil.
1689893482456.png

Last edited:

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
9.5 language would become a footnote in history. We have to think longer guys. This is why…..⬇️ please tell me you understand this impact…..your kicked can will be a piece of aluminum foil.
View attachment 438782

Probably one of the main reasons Corporate America is eliminating everybody’s Pension Plans.

Or just make them unattainable by extending the age requirements or placing high costs for medical coverages for the retirees and their families.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It means one of 2 things:

1. UPS and the teamsters bargain in good faith and gets this wrapped up next week.

2. After thinking about it for 3 weeks UPS comes in with the nuclear option, offering the same deal as they did July 4th in order to force a strike and start the long rebuilding of the brand process of hiring replacement workers and moving forward with out the albatross of the Teamsters hanging around their neck.

This CEO so far has done things to the company we would’ve never dreamed of, stay tuned….
Casey is spinning in his grave???

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Pension $ for all hours worked.

That would pretty much settle it..... (Period)

:thumbsup:

It would benefit everyone (in the Union)..by:

a. reducing excessive Overtime.

b. additional funding into everyone's pension plans (since it was brought up include that provision into our Health and Welfare plans also).

c.
eliminate the option of the Company forcing our part timers to work full time hours without full compensation and pension increases (No More Caps on Pension Benefits).

I have to keep reminding people that more than half of our members are not getting the monetary contributions stated in Article 34 (Master). If you are under a (Defined Pension Plan) like the IBT/UPS Pension Plan or the UPS Pension Plan for Part Timers your pension benefits will only increase if the Union negotiates those improvements. Union run (Monetary Contribution Pension Plans) like the Western's will continue to increase and improve according to any additional monetary contributions, increased membership and smart investment returns.

If O'Brien really wants to upset the apple cart, let him throw that proposal on the table.. :runcirclsmiley2:

Over70irregs

That would pretty much settle it..... (Period)

:thumbsup:

It would benefit everyone (in the Union)..by:

a. reducing excessive Overtime.

b. additional funding into everyone's pension plans (since it was brought up include that provision into our Health and Welfare plans also).

c.
eliminate the option of the Company forcing our part timers to work full time hours without full compensation and pension increases (No More Caps on Pension Benefits).

I have to keep reminding people that more than half of our members are not getting the monetary contributions stated in Article 34 (Master). If you are under a (Defined Pension Plan) like the IBT/UPS Pension Plan or the UPS Pension Plan for Part Timers your pension benefits will only increase if the Union negotiates those improvements. Union run (Monetary Contribution Pension Plans) like the Western's will continue to increase and improve according to any additional monetary contributions, increased membership and smart investment returns.

If O'Brien really wants to upset the apple cart, let him throw that proposal on the table.. :runcirclsmiley2:
It would be the true blue collar standard on the planet

Thebrownblob

What do you think about Mra’s in major cities like New York or la
I don’t know who’s currently paying the highest MRA? But I do know they’re paying as high as $22 an hour for Preload here and $21 for all other shifts. I don’t see how the new starting rate could be any lower than that.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I don’t know who’s currently paying the highest MRA? But I do know they’re paying as high as $22 an hour for Preload here and $21 for all other shifts. I don’t see how the new starting rate could be any lower than that.
In my city $15 is nothing. I’m not in a major or large scale city. It’s just popular. I worked 3 part time jobs and it’s barely enough to live.

Thebrownblob

In my city $15 is nothing. I’m not in a major or large scale city. It’s just popular. I worked 3 part time jobs and it’s barely enough to live.
Right $15 is just not enough anymore. I can’t imagine that UPS would offer much less than $20 to start. As others have said here, it’s most likely the catch-up raises that is the sticking point.

clean hairy

Right $15 is just not enough anymore. I can’t imagine that UPS would offer much less than $20 to start. As others have said here, it’s most likely the catch-up raises that is the sticking point.
In 4 years $20 could be equal to $14 today.
We just don't know what the economy will be like at that point in time.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I worked for $14 when I started. My other jobs payed me $19 and $27. I worked 12-15 hour days when I started preload. Had to kill myself to survive.

Thebrownblob

I worked for $14 when I started. My other jobs payed me $19 and $27. I worked 12-15 hour days when I started preload. Had to kill myself to survive.
Yep it was about eight dollars an hour when I started, worked a full-time job as well as this job part-time until after the strike, and then only worked at UPS double shifting until I went driving. Definitely sucked.

Commercial Inside Release

UPS just re-upped their preloader ads to about 600 ads (6,000 - 60,000 hires.) No mention of wages, no mention of MRA.

After the dust settles, watch the company cancel all MRAs. Some part timers are in for a surprise.