I wonder if this means UPS is doubling down on the strike

HarryWarden

UPS does pay that much to PT with the MRA.
I don’t know who’s currently paying the highest MRA? But I do know they’re paying as high as $22 an hour for Preload here and $21 for all other shifts. I don’t see how the new starting rate could be any lower than that.
$24 an hour in colorado right now and $26 in Minnesota, and was $28 an hour during peak. That’s starting pay for loaders.

HarryWarden

cynz

UPS can afford our benefits. They just took away the pensions from management which they will save 1.6 billion a year.
I just read Mcdonalds in my state pays parttime 32,000 a year, time off with pay ,100% match 401k, medical leave, and maternity leave with paternal leave. They have A/C and Heat. Thats a fast-food restaurant.
We are a Billion Dollar Domestic and International Company.
Who pays one person our CEO 32 million a year.
So far, we have had 5 employees go down from heat last week and our safety person told me 4 people a week before. Its only getting hotter, I'm on vacation next week ,work a week ,vacation a week work a week, just to get through this heat.

UPS can afford our benefits. They just took away the pensions from management which they will save 1.6 billion a year.
I just read Mcdonalds in my state pays parttime 32,000 a year, time off with pay ,100% match 401k, medical leave, and maternity leave with paternal leave. They have A/C and Heat. Thats a fast-food restaurant.
We are a Billion Dollar Domestic and International Company.
Who pays one person our CEO 32 million a year.
So far, we have had 5 employees go down from heat last week and our safety person told me 4 people a week before. Its only getting hotter, I'm on vacation next week ,work a week ,vacation a week work a week, just to get through this heat.
You cannot compare McDonald's to UPS
That's just ridiculous

cynz

I am shocked that we all don't have the same pension. The western is the best. Hours worked up to 2040 a year. Our pension plan made so much money on interest they added 500. a year for the past 3 years. The main reason I've worked at UPS was for medical and pension. Love the money too. But our working conditions the hours the treatment we earned every penny.