If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy
Then why the hell are you so sad?

We've been far, far away from here
I put on a poncho and played for mosquitoes
And everywhere in between
Well, okay, we get along
So what if right now, everything's wrong?

If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy

If it makes you happy
It can't be that bad
If it makes you happy

clean hairy

Why are you ******* whiners.

You union types thinking your sticking it to man let me tell you something you ain't.

I hear all the time that you don't want too much overtime, theirs alot of industries that require lots of time away from family, you guys got it nice but those packages don't get delivered when you feel like it.

But it's too freaking, hot the eninvatble whine gonna be, listen, when chugging monsters and energy drinks and you can't sleep that's on you, ups Ain't lying about caffine dehydration, fix your sleep schedule and you a decent Chance at the heat tolerance, drop the caffeine get on a caffeine detox, I'm paying that price right now.

Eat decent lunches, take care of your body, drop the weed, booze.

How did our desert living ancestors go from heat tolerance to us not being able to do?

Then the whine about stops.

I'm going to let you in a secret about reality, that's life period. If you are overseeing a process and you find that your efficiency is going up then your a fool not to make it stay but up at some point it platues.

Take for example you have deliver A, overtime your stops per hour is gonna increase, instead of just sitting in twittling your thumbs "beep" straight you going to get more because, you were obligated to deliver packages, take your breaks as mandated as law but deliver those stupid packages.

This is not the soviet union where you do a shabby job and the other guy down the line now has to deal with your mess because you can't take a higher pace.

You want a/c in the truck, let me tell you theirs no such thing a free lunch, that's a load on the engine, that load eats more Gas because your prime motive is working harder to handle the extra load aka fans and yes ventilation.

We loose money the more we keep the package. If you are feeder loaders ramp up the cube utilization (i can too), the less trucks we send out the more ups money we save.

And the thing about consessions, you need to give and not just take, take, take and take. Ups has its right to expect good work and effort out of us.

You got your strike authorization vote, you got the technological advances to make your job effing easy and your crying about how you need less stops if I have to load 1 grand trucks you can put some effort into your stuff.

Now you need breast feeding places, in hubs? That's the hill you gonna die on?

You gonna drag a baby into a hub, where theirs, belts, moving parts to breat feed.

Yes my sympathy should go out to those who have done all they could to battle the heat and lost.

And then the clause dealing with advances in load delivery needs negotiations with the ******* union. Good riddance no wonder why union based jobs are stuck in the last century, this the 2000s get with the times.

I should not want to hear anymore whine about hot it is after this contract, you got what you asked

Get To Work.
Tldnr...

rickyb

Why are you Ffing whiners.

You union types thinking your sticking it to man let me tell you something you ain't.

I hear all the time that you don't want too much overtime, theirs alot of industries that require lots of time away from family, you guys got it nice but those packages don't get delivered when you feel like it.

But it's too freaking, hot the eninvatble whine gonna be listen, when chugging monsters and energy drinks and you can't sleep that's on you, ups Ain't lying about caffine dehydration, fix your sleep schedule and you a decent Chance at the heat.

How did our desert living ancestors go from heat tolerance to us not being able to do?

I'm going to let you in a secret about reality,

Heat issues
What do you expect guzzling down large cans of caffeine,
earth has warmed 1.3 degrees C

Commercial Inside Release

earth has warmed 1.3 degrees C
Canada and Canadians should be pro-global warming. Dozens of major problems Canada has would be solved with warmer temperatures.

It was only about 15,000 years ago, that Canada was buried under glaciers that were miles thick. 7,000 - 9,000 years ago it was still a flooded subarctic wasteland.

rickyb

Canada and Canadians should be pro-global warming. Dozens of major problems Canada has would be solved with warmer temperatures.

It was only about 15,000 years ago, that Canada was buried under glaciers that were miles thick. 7,000 - 9,000 years ago it was still a flooded subarctic wasteland.
civilization will collapse if this continues on.

MIT expects civilization will collapse in 15 years. thats very soon. they have predicted this more than once. not just because of global warming, but also nuclear war which would lead to climate change as well.

but global warming means we get much more extreme heat waves. it was 40 degrees in vancouver 2 years ago. this is unheard of. global warming will make large portions of the world uninhabitable before it wipes out the human species and most other species altogether.

RangerMan06

civilization will collapse if this continues on.

MIT expects civilization will collapse in 15 years. thats very soon. they have predicted this more than once. not just because of global warming, but also nuclear war which would lead to climate change as well.

but global warming means we get much more extreme heat waves. it was 40 degrees in vancouver 2 years ago. this is unheard of. global warming will make large portions of the world uninhabitable before it wipes out the human species and most other species altogether.
Climate change has been around since Earth was created. There is absolutely nothing the human race can do to stop it.

Commercial Inside Release

I had no idea, that the day Margaritaville floods that they will close down Canada and exterminate all the Canadians. More likely, a massive swarm of Parrotheads will bum rush the Canadian border.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
Why are you Ffing whiners.

But it's too freaking, hot the eninvatble whine gonna be listen, when chugging monsters and energy drinks and you can't sleep that's on you, ups Ain't lying about caffine dehydration, fix your sleep schedule and you a decent Chance at the heat.

I'm going to let you in a secret about reality,

Heat issues
What do you expect guzzling down large cans of caffeine,
Wow. A rant is a rant, but,

I think A/C in package cars is a dumb idea. It is not cost effective and won't cool anyone down very much. If I was on the Union negotiating team I would ask UPS just how much, all in (fuel, hardware, etc.) this will cost. What else can you get for that chunk of change that would add real, long term value to the union members?

1) REAL guarantied hours on request.
2) Better long term care in retirement (You folks are not getting any younger.)
3) Maybe A/C in more effective and impactful work areas (trailers being unloaded, etc.)

Look, I am a retired management guy, but I think the Union leadership should take their blinders off and look at the big picture. This will be a LOT of money and I honestly think there are much better ways to spend that money for the betterment of your membership. Also, don't think for a second that UPS won't hold this over your heads for years to come.

I think this is a huge missed opportunity, but then again, I just got off the golf course, so I will shut up now...