If you ran over a dog

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It got where we would get charged with an accident if we hit a dog. In the old days, if the dog was in the road, tough luck. If the dog hit was in a driveway, then UPS was liable. I was a triple ace at one time. The local communities came out with leash laws eventually, so that cut down on dog victims.

oldngray

nowhere special
It got where we would get charged with an accident if we hit a dog. In the old days, if the dog was in the road, tough luck. If the dog hit was in a driveway, then UPS was liable. I was a triple ace at one time. The local communities came out with leash laws eventually, so that cut down on dog victims.
Did you have dog decals on your package car below your nameplate?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
15 dogs? Quite a record. I only had 7 1/2.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What should you do if you run over a dog in a package car? Asking for a friend.
Get a shovel. The package car can really flatten a pooch.

If no one home you should leave a note.

downloadfile-27-png.209901

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Did you have dog decals on your package car below your nameplate?
I did think about doing that, stamping paw prints on the side. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. But the dogs that chase package cars every day with owners that don't care would eventually run out in front of my bumper where I didn't see them.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
15 dogs? Quite a record. I only had 7 1/2.
You just weren't trying then. How do you count a half? Just wound one? I hit a judge's dog once, he should have known about leash laws. I had one chasing me one day that ran out into the opposite lane and another car took him out. So I didn't count the assist.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You just weren't trying then. How do you count a half? Just wound one? I hit a judge's dog once, he should have known about leash laws. I had one chasing me one day that ran out into the opposite lane and another car took him out. So I didn't count the assist.
The 1/2 wasn't a confirmed kill. It was in pretty rough shape as it dragged itself down the road. Never heard from or knew the owner.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
What he said is almost word for word what we are taught in feeders. Maintain your lane, and run it over. “We would rather fix a bumper than tell your wife you died in a rollover.”
Exactly. It's something you have to think about before the situation arises so you don't let your reflexes act in the wrong way.
I think I read that deer kill 20,000 motorists a year due to this ( worldwide? ) ......mostly people and truckers swerving to avoid and then rolling over.

Same with any animal except homo sapiens.