I'm going to retire soon

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
...and sometimes they use torture...

popsicles_1.jpg.CROP.article568-large.jpg

That not torture. This is torture.
image.jpg

purplesky

I'm on target of accumulating 1,000,000 by age 40.

I did live at home for some years accumulating almost 100% of my UPS income and living off my part time job income.
Now I rent a very affordable apartment which is
strategically located very close to my jobs allowing me to eventually sell my car.

How are you saving $1 million by age 40 working at UPS? Isnt the max on the 401k currently $17,500 per year? A Roth is like $5,500? You wont be able to touch the 401k without a huge tax penalty until age 59half.

I like your spirit kid and you could easily become a millionaire but that will be in your late 50s and not at age 40.:wink2:

If you have kids and get married your chances of building wealth go down big time if the wife doesnt work. If she works and makes a good income you will be set.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
How are you saving $1 million by age 40 working at UPS? Isnt the max on the 401k currently $17,500 per year? A Roth is like $5,500? You wont be able to touch the 401k without a huge tax penalty until age 59half.

I like your spirit kid and you could easily become a millionaire but that will be in your late 50s and not at age 40.:wink2:

If you have kids and get married your chances of building wealth go down big time if the wife doesnt work. If she works and makes a good income you will be set.

He's living with mommy and daddy, eating roman noodles & walking to work.

davidmex

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I seriously hope you're not comparing the experience of working at UPS to living in a region controlled by drug lords...

Drug lords? please, i go to mexico bout 3 times a week & never felt threatened by any "Drug Lords". "Drug Lords" are nothing more than politicians.
You should feel more threatened by the NSA & Obama. they're the rapists.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Drug lords? please, i go to mexico bout 3 times a week & never felt threatened by any "Drug Lords". "Drug Lords" are nothing more than politicians.
You should feel more threatened by the NSA & Obama. they're the rapists.

The US State Department just issued an advisory for Americans traveling to Tijuana / Baja California; the region's long been a hotbed for petty crime, but now it's progressed to violent crime.

Your chances of being a victim of random violence anywhere are low, but are significantly higher in Baja California. It's definitely not a safe place.

kingOFchester

The US State Department just issued an advisory for Americans traveling to Tijuana / Baja California; the region's long been a hotbed for petty crime, but now it's progressed to violent crime.

Your chances of being a victim of random violence anywhere are low, but are significantly higher in Baja California. It's definitely not a safe place.

Mexico is a large country. There are parts of Mexico you should not be visiting. Just as there are places in the USA that are not safe. However, some of the cities in Mexico have a lower crime/murder rate then many of the US cities.

Howard Stern, Jennifer Aniston, Kimmel, Clooney and many other celebrities vacation in Mexico.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Mexico is a large country. There are parts of Mexico you should not be visiting. Just as there are places in the USA that are not safe. However, some of the cities in Mexico have a lower crime/murder rate then many of the US cities.

Howard Stern, Jennifer Aniston, Kimmel, Clooney and many other celebrities vacation in Mexico.

No doubt - I vacation in Cancun at least once a year, which is in Yucatan, and as the Yucatan is off the beaten path for drug lords moving their product to the USA, violent crime is incredibly rare. But the travel advisory is for Tijuana & Baja, in which random violent crime - especially against US citizens - is incredibly high. Even in the cities with the worst crime rates in the USA random violent crime is rare.

Tijuana is just a seedy place, anyway. Just a place to purchase cheap knockoffs, local SoCalers drink underage (the drinking age is not enforced -- they'll serve you at 14) and party hard (drugs are abundant).

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I love Cancun .

Me too. Good place to vacation cheap -- in September we're headed to a 4* all-inclusive in the Rivera Maya for $69/night (including taxes) for two adults. I've been there before -- gorgeous property, excellent pool & beach, wonderful drinks and food. They have a Japanese show cooking resturant that I think is as good as Benihana -- and we're spending less for a night's lodging + food than we would just to go to Benihana's...

Roman noodles? LOL

Got a chuckle out of that.

Auto correct and I didn't feel like fixing it :).

kingOFchester

Me too. Good place to vacation cheap -- in September we're headed to a 4* all-inclusive in the Rivera Maya for $69/night (including taxes) for two adults. I've been there before -- gorgeous property, excellent pool & beach, wonderful drinks and food. They have a Japanese show cooking resturant that I think is as good as Benihana -- and we're spending less for a night's lodging + food than we would just to go to Benihana's...

Auto correct and I didn't feel like fixing it :).

When there, take a trip to 5th avenue in Playa. Awesome!!

Playa del Carmen 5th Avenue Stroll - YouTube