Income Inequality

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The government is like Athletes and actors, their in their own world with their own agenda, and us normal people are off in another world. Kinda like UPS corporate, they dont give a damm about us lol.

Overpaid Union Thug

Not all jobs are equal. Not all employers are equal Not all employees are equal. The sooner everyone gets that the sooner they can move on and better themselves instead of blaming others for their plight.

Overpaid Union Thug

That's an egalitarian thing to say, but what if the playing field ITSELF isn't equal?

Then what?

"Level playing field" is a term that is loosely and wrongfully applied by the left to any situation where someone isn't making the same amount of money as someone else, doesn't have a house as big as someone else, doesn't have as much "luck" as someone else, or....well.....you get the idea. Short of illegal acts by a corporation or individual their success is based almost solely on their own desires and work ethic. Yes, some people might get a small boost of "luck" but (short of winning the lottery on their first lottery ticket purchase) without desire and work ethic luck can't be a factor. The sky is their limit and how far they are willing to go is no one else's business. A true unequal playing field is illegal and unethical in nature and not the mere fact that a select few always seem to come out ahead. Knowing that difference is what separates an economically and socially jealous simpleton from those that are happy with what they've already got and are willing to work for more without blaming others if they aren't.

rickyb

Not all jobs are equal. Not all employers are equal Not all employees are equal. The sooner everyone gets that the sooner they can move on and better themselves instead of blaming others for their plight.

life is a mix of putting responsibility on others, and holding yourself responsible. its not one or another as you say.

Overpaid Union Thug

life is a mix of putting responsibility on others, and holding yourself responsible. its not one or another as you say.

A corporation only has to abide by local, state, and federal laws and a union contract if applicable. That is it. The workers have to abide by the rules of the company they work for and the unions contract if applicable and it's completely up to them to convince their employer that they are worth keeping and worthy of progressing. If these things are done the individual worker and their employer are set up for success and they would deserve it despite what those that foam at the mouth out of jealousy thinks about it.

rickyb

A corporation only has to abide by local, state, and federal laws and a union contract if applicable. That is it. The workers have to abide by the rules of the company they work for and the unions contract if applicable and it's completely up to them to convince their employer that they are worth keeping and worthy of progressing. If these things are done the individual worker and their employer are set up for success and they would deserve it despite what those that foam at the mouth out of jealousy thinks about it.

my quote was very general, but u can certainly blame other people for your personal economic problems. if im poor in china, i can certainly blame my government and employers for treating me like :censored2:, and my fellow man for not protesting and demanding more.

Overpaid Union Thug

my quote was very general, but u can certainly blame other people for your personal economic problems. if im poor in china, i can certainly blame my government and employers for treating me like :censored2:, and my fellow man for not protesting and demanding more.

Yeah. If you are poor in China you would definitely have a complaint. But not here in the United States of America. Being poor isn't a terminal disease. It is self cured.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
That's what happens in a communist state. Irrelevant on the subject of the US.

rickyb

That's what happens in a communist state. Irrelevant on the subject of the US.

they just call themselves communist, just hte russia used to call itself communist. it was totalitarian, and in the case of russia was a counter revolution. true communism involves workers controlling their jobs democratically, with community input.

Overpaid Union Thug

thats great, i wish corporations would do that. america has a corporate crime wave going on and the enforcement department is sorely underfunded.

http://www.corporatecrimereporter.com/top100.html

Meanwhile....Americans still enjoy the prospect of a better life (if they don't already have it) despite a small percentage of corporate wrong doing. Even those that work for those corporations have it better than much of the rest of the world.

Overpaid Union Thug

so blacks and latinos are on the same playing field as whites and theres no economic racism?
No blacks and latinos aren't on the same playing field. They have a leg up due to the laws I mentioned before. But, unfortunately, many still don't take advantage of it. Particularly blacks for some reason.

rickyb

Meanwhile....Americans still enjoy the prospect of a better life (if they don't already have it) despite a small percentage of corporate wrong doing. Even those that work for those corporations have it better than much of the rest of the world.

yes america is better than the third world in most categories. but in terms of developed countries its really slipped and the american dream is rapidly falling out of most americans reach partly because of record inequality.

rickyb

No blacks and latinos aren't on the same playing field. They have a leg up due to the laws I mentioned before. But, unfortunately, many still don't take advantage of it. Particularly blacks for some reason.

thats just dandy. statistically they are both worse off than whites, and racism has something to do with it.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
thats just dandy. statistically they are both worse off than whites, and racism has something to do with it.
I can't sing like Bruno Mars or Michael Jackson. I can't play basketball like LeBron James. I can't play football like Marshawn Lynch. I can't hit a baseball like David Ortiz. I don't have the business savvy as Herman Cain.

I will make a fraction of the earnings of these men in my lifetime.

How fair is that?

Now what makes me a conservative and not a liberal is I WON'T CRY ABOUT IT LIKE A LITTLE &!+€#.

Overpaid Union Thug

yes america is better than the third world in most categories. but in terms of developed countries its really slipped and the american dream is rapidly falling out of most americans reach partly because of record inequality.

So, the American dream is to be rich? But I thought the rich were just evil people that only got their riches by luck and/or illegal means? So am I right in saying that those that despise the 1% aspire to be the very thing they despise? And what inequality are you speaking of? At America's worst ANYONE can reach the top of they really want to and don't give up. Inequality is just a lame excuse for those that haven't done that. Even if all corporations were on the level the very same people that are crying about inequality now would still be in their current plight. You can count on that.

Let me guess....next you'll be referring to the haves and have nots? Well don't bother because we've just covered what the difference is between them is. So, there's no need to stick with the Rules for Radical playbook at this point. It has failed you.

rickyb

i dont know if its a small percentage of corporate wrong doing. sounds like a lot of corporations are acting up, and they are not doubt writing alot of the laws.