Integrity issues?

U

upsman39

I WONDER IF ATLANTA KNOWS WHAT'S GOING ON ? NOT INTEGRETY. NOT MANAGEMENT GETS TO MAKE DECISION. ITS CALLED BIG FAT LIAR . THERE IS NO MORE SERVICE IN UPS. TIME TO CHANGE LOGO AND NAME AGAIN. Unbelievably Poor Service

over9five

Staff member
I kew it wouldn't take long to come with a very real for instance of the lack of integrity being perpetrated by this company using emergency conditions.
Today an early am driver was instructed to take out 4 more stops than she was confident she could service in time.
The supervisor instructed her to sheet any that were late as EC because they were short on drivers.
There was NO weather to validate it!!!
When the reports become more important than the commitment to the paying customer, a customer who payed a premium price on top of it, that's a lack of integrity.
Why didn't this supervisor deliver them himself?
To avoid being gigged on another report.
Again, a lack of integrity!!!
I'm not dismissing the possibility that this supervisor was "working as directed" as well.
I'm tired of people peeing on my shoes and telling me it's raining.

Anyone with any integrity at all in your center going to call the ethics line and report this? Don't blame them for having none if you're not willing to make that call.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Anyone with any integrity at all in your center going to call the ethics line and report this? Don't blame them for having none if you're not willing to make that call.

I certainly will and nothing will happen.
This won't be my first call.
They don't want to know.
Maybe the PretzelMan with his considerable juice can intervene.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I certainly will and nothing will happen.
This won't be my first call.
They don't want to know.
Maybe the PretzelMan with his considerable juice can intervene.
Bubblehead,

Why do you say that nothing will happen when calling the UPS Help Line?

How many calls have you made?

When you say "They don't want to know." Who exactly does the "they" refer to?

Sincerely,
I

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
A good start would be to know what constitutes "emergency conditions."

Does anyone know?

On the customer end it says "THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL"

This is a broad statement. It seems to me like this may be legitimately applied to a lot of situations, not just weather. I'm not denying that EC is abused in some cases, but it seems that the accusers don't have a good understanding of what constitutes emergency conditions.

If the train derails heading to Chicago and then two days worth of volume arrives simultaneously, wouldn't this be a condition beyond UPS' control? If this, or something similar occurred, how would the driver know?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I know the process involved in the decision to use this code. I know its not specific to a center and I know it has to be justified. I know it will show up on many someones reports the next day and will have to be explained and justified by the center team. This is not a hide a few packages in the mailroom issue. This one has a lot of decisionmakers involved and misusing that code is getting people fired all over the country.

have the integrity to conceed my knowledge of the process. Have the integrity to recognize that you may not understand everything and everyones involvement in this decision. Have the integrity to recognize that this type of misinformation spread here hurts our reputation much more then what actually happened. You guys claim to care about service but what you're doing with these message board fishing expeditions is ruining our reputation when chances are very good our reputation did not deserve the shot.

If you dont understand the business you're in then deliver the packages shut your mouths and leave the scutiny to those that understand this stuff.

Does anyone know?

On the customer end it says "THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL"

This is a broad statement. It seems to me like this may be legitimately applied to a lot of situations, not just weather. I'm not denying that EC is abused in some cases, but it seems that the accusers don't have a good understanding of what constitutes emergency conditions.

If the train derails heading to Chicago and then two days worth of volume arrives simultaneously, wouldn't this be a condition beyond UPS' control? If this, or something similar occurred, how would the driver know?
Fracus Brown,

In the above post, tieguy claims considerable knowledge about this procedure.

Maybe he would be so kind to share the details of this process with you and everyone else participating in this discussion thread?

tieguy, will you please share how this process works with us?

Sincerely,
I

over9five

Staff member

Does anyone know?

Good questions! How about if UPS sent several drivers home, and then loaded up the remaining drivers so much that they couldn't deliver everything....Is this an emergency condition?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I believe (haven't looked lately) that there is a non-delivery option in the DIAD called WEATHER. Wouldn't this be more appropriate? Not being able to drive down a drifted road is far from an emergency situation. One thing I noticed when sheeting EC packages is that they show up as stops. A Missed doesn't show as a stop. The Center gets credit for the EC's as stops but not for Missed. It's all about the numbers.

tieguy

Banned
Fracus Brown,

In the above post, tieguy claims considerable knowledge about this procedure.

Maybe he would be so kind to share the details of this process with you and everyone else participating in this discussion thread?

tieguy, will you please share how this process works with us?

Sincerely,
I

I'm not sure what else I can tell you that I have not said already. I have worked both sides of the exception process both in the OE capacity and in operations.

As I previously stated the use of weather emergency codes requires approval and gets you a lot of scrutiny. Its not something some building manager can do to hide his mistakes without getting himself a lot of questions and a lot of hot water.

Bubblehead,

Sincerely,
I
They don't care I. You know this we have chatted in private message about my experience with the hotline. Don't give your name if you make that call because there will be retaliation.

PS I

Don't give me that UPS code of conduct bull$h|+. There is no code it's just business.

tieguy

Banned
They don't care I. You know this we have chatted in private message about my experience with the hotline. Don't give your name if you make that call because there will be retaliation.

PS I

Don't give me that UPS code of conduct bull$h|+. There is no code it's just business.

your post was a waste of time. I does not have the guts to do what you're warning him against.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Bubblehead,

Because it never does.
How did your call regarding heat in the hubs go?
It's awfully cold in my hub about now.

A bunch over the past few years.

Management, "they" cover for each other.
Unless it's something crazy, they circle the wagons and bury any accusation.

Sincerely,
I

I hope this answers your questions I.

Sarcastically,
Bubble

Bigdawgmom

The ONLY people who have any integrity at UPS are the hourly employees!! All of management has been taught how to USE the word and throw it around at the hourlys, but they do not have the slightest idea of how to practice it! And I speak from experience.

your post was a waste of time. I does not have the guts to do what you're warning him against.

I learned this lesson and I know he dosent have the guts to do as I've done. That hotline is only for anonymous people. If you have guts like me you stand the chance of feeling the brunt of it.

The ONLY people who have any integrity at UPS are the hourly employees!! All of management has been taught how to USE the word and throw it around at the hourlys, but they do not have the slightest idea of how to practice it! And I speak from experience.
I'm a steward and this statement has no merit. Teamsters do the same kind of stuff I call them mesters. Just like in life you will have all kinds of people.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel

Most management I have dealt with has integrity. Your statement is not reasonable and doesn't help your/our argument. It's based on your emotional state, which is entirely understandable given the punative environment we work in. I have often responded emotionally.

Integrity seems to lack at the highest level.

tieguy

Banned

ah yes the keepers of integrity I've heard of you guys. Never ever told a lie , never cheated on your tax's, all parking tickets are paid up, speed limit is always obeyed. We are so lucky to have one of the keepers of perfect integrity teach us here.....:)

tieguy

Banned
I learned this lesson and I know he dosent have the guts to do as I've done. That hotline is only for anonymous people. If you have guts like me you stand the chance of feeling the brunt of it.

I've had my moments too. It was not easy. I dont know that I would tell someone to dodge that bullet just understand that you may get some unwanted attention. Thats why I have my fun with integrity. I've fought my battles I dont respect those who try to preach the concept and yet have never walked the walk or fought the tough fight. If you're not fighting for those things that matter then dont pretend to preach the good fight to me.