Iran

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"Because he makes a better comedy writer and a commercial spokesman on TV. It's good for folks to find their niche."~moreluck

Ya, if you mean, selling old people on reverse mortgaging their homes to the government, I guess you are right. Given the geriatric audience of Fox news, thats probably where Fred Thompson can still get airtime.

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
cBmqqdh.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
A four-year investigation found that Solyndra officials lied to get a $535 million loan guarantee from the federal government. Huh. This from the "if Iran cheats, we'll know" administration.
~Fred Thompson~

moreluck

golden ticket member
I know full well who he is and had he made any of these statements while in that capacity I would have listened to him.
Well then your question was a waste of time for you.........I'll know from now on that you are all-knowing and won't need to answer your queries.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Someone help me out here.

It has been argued that the strategy of deterrence wont work against Iran because their leaders are a bunch of crazy suicidal mullahs with an apocalyptic world view who are perfectly willing to go out in a blaze of glory for Allah.

Okay....so if that is indeed the case, why haven't they already targeted Israel with chemical weapons?

They have the missiles, and the technology needed to manufacture and deliver nerve gas (if they don't already have it) is cheap, easy to hide, and decades old. Their allies in Syria had a huge stockpile of chemical weapons and SCUD missiles to deliver them with, yet they never once launched them at Israel.

Israel is a tiny nation with a small population (8 million) but large population density. It would be very vulnerable to a chemical weapon attack. So why hasn't Iran already gassed them?

Is it possible that Iran's leaders may not be suicidal? Is it possible that they are well aware of and therefore deterred from such an attack by Israel's capacity for nuclear retaliation?

Israel is believed to possess about 200 deliverable nuclear warheads most of which are low-yield fission weapons. The United States has approximately two thousand deliverable warheads, many of which are high-yield boosted thermonuclear units of far greater destructive capability. Our missiles are also more accurate than Israel's, and we also have long range stealth aircraft that Israel lacks. Add to this the additional 400 warheads possessed by France and the UK, and one thing becomes apparent. Iran...even an Iran with a handful of crude nuclear bombs....will never pose a threat to us or Israel.

Last edited:

wkmac

Could we take the hardliners from both our countries and put them on an isolated island and let the winner take all?

In the meantime, the rest of us could move on and be the better for it!
;)