Irregulars becoming regular

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I understand if its really heavy, but if its just a light 20-40 ibs package and it could fit into the truck---come on people, knock it out, that means more volume for us. Some people come to work with the mentality of working the least hardest they can.

J

jibbs

I understand if its really heavy, but if its just a light 20-40 ibs package and it could fit into the truck---come on people, knock it out, that means more volume for us. Some people come to work with the mentality of working the least hardest they can.

See, here's the problem, you're using qualifiers. "IF it's just a light [...] package", "IF it can fit in the truck."

I don't know about you, but where I work irregs get sent down the belts at the end of the shift. Bricking out the walkway with LaZ Boys, mattresses, pottery barn, home depot.... you know what, forget all that, bricking out the center of the truck with anything other than RDL, RDR or RDC is going to adversely effect a driver's day. As a PTer it's easy to think drivers are just as thirsty for more time on the clock as we are, but that's not always the case.

Basically, I would think seeing tons of irregs piled in a truck would give a driver the same feeling a loader gets when he sees the beginning of a run for about 30 cases of paper coming down the belt that all say "1 of 1." It's not that it can't be done, it's just kind of a bitch, you know?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Basically, I would think seeing tons of irregs piled in a truck would give a driver the same feeling a loader gets when he sees the beginning of a run for about 30 cases of paper coming down the belt that all say "1 of 1."
Ahh...cases of paper make my day...especially when you see 30 come down the belt..and every one of them is smashed or half open and need to be taped up..gotta love it!

J

jibbs

I had one of those days today, man. Felt like all I saw was gosh darn Xerox, Hammermill and Dunder Mifflin boxes this morning....

Side note: I thought it was :censored2:in' amazing that there was a real Dunder Mifflin Paper Co. when I started working at UPS.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I had one of those days today, man. Felt like all I saw was gosh darn Xerox, Hammermill and Dunder Mifflin boxes this morning....

Side note: I thought it was :censored2:in' amazing that there was a real Dunder Mifflin Paper Co. when I started working at UPS.
There is a certain type of Hammermill paper..come in the standard case...but it's strapped on the ends both lengthwise and width wise...they hardly ever need to be taped. It'd be nice if they all came like that!

I got in this morning...i had 2 extra split trucks to load today in addition to my pull. Both split route #s were very similar so I ask my PT sup to change one of the route name...he comes up with this...
Screenshot_2014-08-12-10-48-45.png

I told him next time....make it say "Quit"...lol

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
A lot of these way oversized packages get picked up by the feeder dept. The shipper loads the trailer and then the package gets unloaded at the Hub where it will probably be damaged. I have seen stuff like car hoods, fenders, refrigerator sized boxes, etc.

Daalcaar

I am 100% serious. An unloader in my sort was unloading a can and came across this bulk piece. He had a hard time getting it out because it was 600 lbs and the can was an AMJ with the narrow door. After some minutes of struggling and help from others, they finally got it out and throw it on my belt. (I am the irreg guy from my sort) Damn that sucker was heavy. After me and some fellow workers put it on the mother daughter cart we told our full time that it was too heavy to be in the system, and shouldn't it be in freight instead. His response was, "go to take it to where it needs to go, we will let that area deal with it" hahaha. Ok sir, whatever you say.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
This recent back-and-forth hilarious.. 600 pounds? Who would waste the effort taking it out...I'd go for a drink from the fountain or another load.

The heaviest I have seen was a 200+ pound plastic container of light blue fluid. That was ten years ago...as a preloader. I loaded it myself because it was in the dog house, and really nowhere else to go.

Johnnywhat

I'm new at UPS and am unloading. It sucks buttholes big time. I swear I get at least 2 or 3 mini fridges per truck. Also I hate when I have to unload some heavy ass wooden furniture.

I had no idea UPS shipped such heavy things. Not just the super heavy things but a lot of the packages I unload are all fairly heavy(30-50LB). Being a young man I have learned what hard work means lol. Much more respect for blue collar like jobs then what I thought it was.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm new at UPS and am unloading. It sucks buttholes big time. I swear I get at least 2 or 3 mini fridges per truck. Also I hate when I have to unload some heavy ass wooden furniture.

I had no idea UPS shipped such heavy things. Not just the super heavy things but a lot of the packages I unload are all fairly heavy(30-50LB). Being a young man I have learned what hard work means lol. Much more respect for blue collar like jobs then what I thought it was.
Wahhhhh....things are heavy...