Is Edgar really Sean O Brien?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yeah I mean I get why some people can hate on them, especially dealing with the politics of it all, But over all I think its a win for the members so I support them.

My position on TDU has never been about "hating" on them. Just exposing their lies and the agenda.

Fleecing the (uneducated) members of money.... should not be the goal.

RoswellHub

My position on TDU has never been about "hating" on them. Just exposing their lies and the agenda.

Fleecing the (uneducated) members of money.... should not be the goal.
Yeah, like I said its not a good look. Whenever you mix this stuff with money people look at you sideways.

Cowboy Mac

Yeah, like I said its not a good look. Whenever you mix this stuff with money people look at you sideways.
I have made a lot of good connections through TDU even within my local. Met a lot of knowledgeable people who hate management with a passion. People who hold the company and the union accountable.

But I never understood how they could afford to fly people around the country, pay the employees, stay in hotels and hold workshops based only on donations. $100 for a 3 year membership plus a couple of book and t shirt sales wouldn’t even come close to covering all that.

RoswellHub

I have made a lot of good connections through TDU even within my local. Met a lot of knowledgeable people who hate management with a passion. People who hold the company and the union accountable.

But I never understood how they could afford to fly people around the country, pay the employees, stay in hotels and hold workshops based only on donations. $100 for a 3 year membership plus a couple of book and t shirt sales wouldn’t even come close to covering all that.
They take bigger donations from other members. I know a few people that donate 100 bucks a month, because they really believe in the cause. But they honestly don't have a ton of money to whip around.

Cowboy Mac

They take bigger donations from other members. I know a few people that donate 100 bucks a month, because they really believe in the cause. But they honestly don't have a ton of money to whip around.
I think that’s really sad that we pay a union so much in dues already, then we pay another organization more money to do what the local should be doing in the first place.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
IMG_2061.png

Last known sighting of Edgar.

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I think that’s really sad that we pay a union so much in dues already, then we pay another organization more money to do what the local should be doing in the first place.
Who’s ”we”? And peoples idea of what a local “should“ be doing?? Teamsters United is only for UPS Teamsters, ever wonder what about every other Teamster that’s makes a lesser wage or benefits or pension? TDU and Teamsters United are after one thing, to take over locals and run them into the ground.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

That's why they won't open their financial books for the Teamster members to see....

Foreshadowing

Who’s ”we”? And peoples idea of what a local “should“ be doing?? Teamsters United is only for UPS Teamsters, ever wonder what about every other Teamster that’s makes a lesser wage or benefits or pension? TDU and Teamsters United are after one thing, to take over locals and run them into the ground.
You just hit the nail on the head.

RoswellHub

Don’t you go to all their functions and your best bud is the poster boy for TDU now?
"Although I still like TDU for the workshops and the people connections. I am not a fan of union politics in general, so I don't really follow any of that."

Please help me understand what part of that sentence you didn't get?