Is it hard to get on at a small warehouse?

brownrodster

I'm moving back to my old town and there is a ups building about four miles from where I will be staying. Will it be hard to get on because I hear the small buildings are the hardest. Thanks in advance guys

Nobody can give you a good answer. It all depends on the location. I saw two newhires being trained our evening sort this week.

Crappy economy or not, I still see pters quit their crappy jobs regularly.

dillweed

Glad you're keeping us posted. P-timers do have a way of not staying so I'm hoping you'll get in soon.

It's a tough time right now, especially for young families. You are intelligent and determined so you'll make out all right. Take good care and keep us up to date.

jesus_saves

Glad you're keeping us posted. P-timers do have a way of not staying so I'm hoping you'll get in soon.

It's a tough time right now, especially for young families. You are intelligent and determined so you'll make out all right. Take good care and keep us up to date.

Thanks man I will keep yall up to date. I just can't wait to get back in the mix of things a few days ago I started working out so my body can get ready for the long haul. Even tho I have like 10 months til peak season again :D

jesus_saves

The wait is killing me! I have been checking the website for appointments 3-4 times a day. I just can't wait to get back into it lol.I just enrolled in a gym so I can stay and shape for when they call me/email me. Some might call me crazy but i'm trying to get stronger and get endurance just incase I be picked to unload. btw guys what is the process when they open up jobs at a hub? Do they email you or call you and is it first come first serve? Or you just have to fill out the appointment first. Thanks in advance guys and god bless

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The wait is killing me! I have been checking the website for appointments 3-4 times a day. I just can't wait to get back into it lol.I just enrolled in a gym so I can stay and shape for when they call me/email me. Some might call me crazy but i'm trying to get stronger and get endurance just incase I be picked to unload. btw guys what is the process when they open up jobs at a hub? Do they email you or call you and is it first come first serve? Or you just have to fill out the appointment first. Thanks in advance guys and god bless

UPS probably isn't hiring so much right now. Try in a month calling them or going over to hr.

jesus_saves

Hello guys, A couple of days ago I called the supervisor and he said they just hired someone at his hub. He told me just to keep calling him and reminding him. So i'm going to call him everyday til I get in. I hope I get this other job I tested for so that I can work in the daytime and do ups at night. All I can do now and just keep praying. Wish me luck guys

jesus_saves

Well this man who works with my wife ask her if I still was looking for a job and she said yes. He said told her ups is hiring and he worked there for 26 years. He also said he know the main hr lady who does all the hiring and he will call her monday. He also told her I was his nephew. So early this morning the lady called and let me know that the small hub I wanted to work at might not have any openings anytime soon and they are over staffed. 8 people work on the evening shift and they have 14 on board. So she asked me If I would like to work at the New Orleans hub (The BIG one). She let me know all the shifts and the only shift that I could work is the 10 p.m to 3 a.m shift. I told her I'll talk to my wife about the shifts and I will call her back. So I talked to my wife and right now its seems cool because he told me at the big hubs it take about a year to moved up to driver compared to the small hubs taking 5+ years. So today I will have to pray on it cause I really didn't want to work overnight but if you move up way faster i'm all for it.

Well this man who works with my wife ask her if I still was looking for a job and she said yes. He said told her ups is hiring and he worked there for 26 years. He also said he know the main hr lady who does all the hiring and he will call her monday. He also told her I was his nephew. So early this morning the lady called and let me know that the small hub I wanted to work at might not have any openings anytime soon and they are over staffed. 8 people work on the evening shift and they have 14 on board. So she asked me If I would like to work at the New Orleans hub (The BIG one). She let me know all the shifts and the only shift that I could work is the 10 p.m to 3 a.m shift. I told her I'll talk to my wife about the shifts and I will call her back. So I talked to my wife and right now its seems cool because he told me at the big hubs it take about a year to moved up to driver compared to the small hubs taking 5+ years. So today I will have to pray on it cause I really didn't want to work overnight but if you move up way faster i'm all for it.
I'm not too sure I would look a gift horse in the mouth.
You've been praying to get a job at UPS, I don't know how many blessings the Lord will give you chances at if you don't followup.