Is It Time To Disrupt Operations?

imfrankiez

I'm a Fedex Freight Linedriver out of Fontana,Ca.
You wouldn't believe whats happened since about 7/14/08.
One example is that all dockworkers were given the option to get a CDL and become a dock/driver,or-and most interesting-become part time WITH NO BENEFITS.The last option-my theory-is that they wanted you to quit.
In 1/09 layover bids will be drastically reduced and you will have to work the dock if your run isn't ready;you may opt out of the dock but then you sit on YOUR TIME until the run is ready.
Candidly,I was not for a union in the past-an old Viking Freight System guy.Since this new policy has been implimented I've been active in organizing in Petaluma,Ca and assisting in Fontana,Ca.
For anyone who has a sentimental attitude toward Fedex Freight GET OVER IT.
It ain't pretty.
Don't Shoot the Messenger
Frankiez

B

bbsam

Isn't there anyone from UPS around here who will please take MrFedEx and give him the job he truly deserves? Maybe as a swing driver in Gary Indiana or Linehaul on the east coast? He so wants to be one of you and yet you spurn his every attempt. You have applied at UPS, haven't you MrFedEx? Can't believe they would let you slip past them!

New Englander

I can't take credit for this concept because I read it at FedExaminer, but all it would really take to completely disrupt operations would be to do EVERYTHING by the book. Exactly per policy, each and every time. The place would be in shambles the very first day. A brilliantly simple idea that management could not contest because they wrote the book. How about that Mr FedExAllTheWay? I could be a good little boy like you and wreak havoc just by being a model employee. How ironic.

Are you smoking crack?

We can't our teamster brothers to do that with very little fear of retribution. Somehow your going to get this steam rolling via a UPS forum at FedEx?

You MUST be smarter then the rest of us.

LiL"Comet"

Look MrFedEx & to all that read these post I do feel sorry for anyone no matter who you may work for if they are doing wrong to their employees. But the problem is that's corp America and they are able to get away with things they shouldn't because of our terrible system. If you ask me almost any politician is worthless their all dirty creeps out for there own pockets. I have very close family that's into political BS, always at meetings yada, yada, you know all the Bull SHEET. I'm somewhat of a black sheep because I don't get involved like I should or even a conversation about politics. I think their worthless and slimy, don't believe in most of what goes own with our wonderful system. Now don't get me wrong I'm very happy for the life as we know here compared to countries but the sad part it could be better all the way around if people are in control of things would be for US instead of their own selfish means. I don't want to personally attack anyone for trying to stand up for what the believe in but simply bashing others (like BCers) is simply not the way to go about it. Like I said we all have jobs that are not perfect by no means (if you do I'm jealous lol) but if we can't somehow make the best out of what we have then get out.. I have voted every year since legal age to do so, I always vote in the primaries and this year may be the first I won't vote, out of faith (good faith that is) Mr. FedEx good luck to you and your family:whiteflag::peaceful:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Out of all those posts, only one made any sense....the one from The FedEx Freight guy. He actually gets it. The rest of them are garbage from people who don't get it. Especially LiL'Vomit, who apparently lives on another planet and just drops in here to try and irritate me. As far as her rambling post goes, I'll just comment on my "dragging someone's kids" into this. Mrs. FedExALLTheWay is always bragging how her kids go to a "prestigious private school", which seems implausible given the low wages FedEx couriers earn. I simply asked her how she affords it. Just be glad you work for UPS, OK??

It sounds like FedEx Freight is playing the same games that they do at Express. Viking used to be a great company that treated it's people well...that all changed when you were purchased by FedEx, didn't it? The driivers at the former Watkins and American Freightways are also starting to figure it out.Fred only buys non-union companies, and then applies the same management methodology they do over at FedEx Express...insane micromanagement and the Ho Chi Minh philosophy of treating people like disposable diapers instead of team members working toward a common goal of excellence. Go Teamsters!!!

New Englander

Out of all those posts, only one made any sense....the one from The FedEx Freight guy. He actually gets it. The rest of them are garbage from people who don't get it. Especially LiL'Vomit, who apparently lives on another planet and just drops in here to try and irritate me. As far as her rambling post goes, I'll just comment on my "dragging someone's kids" into this. Mrs. FedExALLTheWay is always bragging how her kids go to a "prestigious private school", which seems implausible given the low wages FedEx couriers earn. I simply asked her how she affords it. Just be glad you work for UPS, OK??

It sounds like FedEx Freight is playing the same games that they do at Express. Viking used to be a great company that treated it's people well...that all changed when you were purchased by FedEx, didn't it? The driivers at the former Watkins and American Freightways are also starting to figure it out.Fred only buys non-union companies, and then applies the same management methodology they do over at FedEx Express...insane micromanagement and the Ho Chi Minh philosophy of treating people like disposable diapers instead of team members working toward a common goal of excellence. Go Teamsters!!!

You are the one who does not get it. Your bitching to UPS employees about FedEx. My god man.....WE as teamsters can't get people to follow policies and procedures by the book. Yet you think doing a grass routes organizing drive on a UPS page will get your fellow non-union brother to?

I don't think we are the ones living a fantasy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First, it's a "grass-roots" movement. Second, it's working because FedEx employees in all of the divisions are starting to wake-up and smell the coffee. Seriously, I'm glad you were so happy with your FedEx career..good for you. Why did you leave? But happy FedExer's are becoming a distinct minority because more and more of us are seeing that the real solution to Genghis Khan (a famous Chinese bad guy) management is union representation. The union is far from perfect, but it's a lot better than being at the direct mercy of management.

Second, these postings are on a FEDEX FORUM within a UPS site. Yes, UPS folks(like you) comment on here constantly, but this arena is specifically designated for FedEx issues....understand? Also, if you're like most UPS drivers, you spend a fair amount of time interacting with your FedEx counterparts. Believe it or not, we have a lot of the same issues in common, but when you deal with your management team you actually have some leverage in negotiating a better deal for yourself. I have lunch with the UPS guys nearly every day and it's shocking how much better they have it in terms of wages,benefits, and working conditions. Yes, they bust their butts, but so do I (and presumably,you too). The big difference is that they actually get paid fairly for what they do. Another is that they cannot be arbitrarily disciplined and/or fired like I can at FedEx. Why? Because you have a union.

Again, I'm glad you think FedEx is so great. I used to, and so did most FedExer's. You can thank our beloved upper management team for messing it all up by getting greedy...really greedy. Study the annual report and see for yourself where the money goes. Stop being ignorant and educate yourself as to what has really been going on at this company. Be glad you are Brown.

Last edited:
F

FedEx All the Way

First, it's a "grass-roots" movement. Second, it's working because FedEx employees in all of the divisions are starting to wake-up and smell the coffee. Seriously, I'm glad you were so happy with your FedEx career..good for you. Why did you leave? But happy FedExer's are becoming a distinct minority because more and more of us are seeing that the real solution to Genghis Khan (a famous Chinese bad guy) management is union representation. The union is far from perfect, but it's a lot better than being at the direct mercy of management.

Second, these postings are on a FEDEX FORUM within a UPS site. Yes, UPS folks(like you) comment on here constantly, but this arena is specifically designated for FedEx issues....understand? Also, if you're like most UPS drivers, you spend a fair amount of time interacting with your FedEx counterparts. Believe it or not, we have a lot of the same issues in common, but when you deal with your management team you actually have some leverage in negotiating a better deal for yourself. I have lunch with the UPS guys nearly every day and it's shocking how much better they have it in terms of wages,benefits, and working conditions. Yes, they bust their butts, but so do I (and presumably,you too). The big difference is that they actually get paid fairly for what they do. Another is that they cannot be arbitrarily disciplined and/or fired like I can at FedEx. Why? Because you have a union.

Again, I'm glad you think FedEx is so great. I used to, and so did most FedExer's. You can thank our beloved upper management team for messing it all up by getting greedy...really greedy. Study the annual report and see for yourself where the money goes. Stop being ignorant and educate yourself as to what has really been going on at this company. Be glad you are Brown.

WOW! Haven't you gotten it yet, nobody agrees with you. You keep trying to make BROWN look good - it won't work. FedEx employees are much smarter than that. As far as mentioning where my kids attend school - I have always kept my priorities straight in life - and my first priority is a good education for my children. I only have one shot at it in life and I will do my best for my children. You on the other hand can keep on praying for FedEx to get unionized! You need a reality check - it won't happen - Fred will never allow it. SO PLEASE QUIT! AND STOP ALWAYS COMPLAINING ABOUT FEDEX!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you were to make an objective comparison between UPS and FedEx, you'd see a big difference, mainly in terms of wages and benefits. My intention is not to make Brown look good, but money talks, and we aren't making much on the Purple side of the equation. I've also worked for UPS, albeit on a seasonal basis, and it's no nirvana either. No employer is perfect, but FedEx has taken the abuse of their employees to a whole new level. At least UPS drivers make a decent living.

Go on praising FedEx all you want, but until you do your homework as to what's really going on you're going to come across as ignorant on this issue. Your husband could be fired today for the smallest infraction of FedEx policy or disabled for life and shuffled off into a corner by this company, and you couldn't do anything to stop it. Perhaps then you'd have a different and more realistic outlook on what FedEx really is. I've seen dozens of lives ruined by FedEx and I'd like to see it stopped. Your feeble criticisms are not going to stop employees like me from finally starting to speak up about the disconnect between FedEx PR and real life under Mr Smith. Google "FedEx lawsuits" if you'd like a little information regarding how "well" FedEx treats it's people. And, once again, this is the FedEx section of the Brown Cafe. Only UPSer's who are interested in reading any of this need bother to tune in. Nobody is forcing anyone to follow this thread.

F

FedEx All the Way!

If you were to make an objective comparison between UPS and FedEx, you'd see a big difference, mainly in terms of wages and benefits. My intention is not to make Brown look good, but money talks, and we aren't making much on the Purple side of the equation. I've also worked for UPS, albeit on a seasonal basis, and it's no nirvana either. No employer is perfect, but FedEx has taken the abuse of their employees to a whole new level. At least UPS drivers make a decent living.

Go on praising FedEx all you want, but until you do your homework as to what's really going on you're going to come across as ignorant on this issue. Your husband could be fired today for the smallest infraction of FedEx policy or disabled for life and shuffled off into a corner by this company, and you couldn't do anything to stop it. Perhaps then you'd have a different and more realistic outlook on what FedEx really is. I've seen dozens of lives ruined by FedEx and I'd like to see it stopped. Your feeble criticisms are not going to stop employees like me from finally starting to speak up about the disconnect between FedEx PR and real life under Mr Smith. Google "FedEx lawsuits" if you'd like a little information regarding how "well" FedEx treats it's people. And, once again, this is the FedEx section of the Brown Cafe. Only UPSer's who are interested in reading any of this need bother to tune in. Nobody is forcing anyone to follow this thread.

Dear Mr.FedEx: Please enter the following link on your web address bar and watch.
http://en.zappinternet.com/video/nilSqaMboM/HISTORIA-DE-UN-LETRERO-THE-STORY
maybe then, you'll stop complaining!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Cool video, but just because I hate the way FedEx treats it's people doesn't mean I cannot "appreciate a beautiful day". Did you ever consider that I might be interested in making it better for those who work there, not worse? By the way, I've spent a lot of time in Third World countries helping others have a better life. If you've ever heard the Chinese story of the Invisible Red Thread, you'll know what I'm talking about.

LiL"Comet"

Oh Mr. FedEx its me just dropping in to say hello to you. I think somebody needs a hug:grounch_day: the good news is I live on a planet the bad news you haven't touched down yet. Have a great day sweet-pea:love:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mongolia is now a part of China, but you are correct in that Genghis Khan was Mongolian. Also, I invite all of you FedEx lovers out there to look at the post by The Mayor regarding Fred S shifting all of our lower priority products to Ground. This would effectively gut the Express division and probably result in massive layoffs.

It may be simple posturing to instill fear, or it may be for real. If you couple this information with the rumors of buyout offers for Express employees in October, this might be the real deal.

And we don't need a union....

drewed

Shankman
You are right. I am wrong...My point was that Genghis Khan was not a good guy. You win the geography lesson.

And history lesson Fedex, Im not trying to bust your balls and most the time I find the insight from the other side of the delivery world interesting, but lets be factually correct.
Remember, history is written by the winners. If he had lived and invaded China, that story and the world would be a very different place.

F

FedEx All the Way!

ROCK ON TELL'M GIRL

I approve this message !!!!!:fan:

I think somebody needs to set him straight - he's so depressing! I'm still waiting for him to quit. You must always try to make to the best of where you work. Trust me, it's not always greener on the other side and with the economy the way it is today, I would be glad to even have a job. Friends of my I care about have been out of work for a while now and are having a hard time making ends meet and he's complaining about FedEx - VERY SAD!
I still can't figure out why he's still around?!?!?!?!?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let's see. If Fred shifts E2 and XS over to Ground your husband may not even have a job. Or perhaps he'll be part-time and getting around 25 hours per week, which appears to be one of the current goals of upper leadership. I'm only around until 2009, but I'm going to do my best to thwart Mr Smith until then. One of these days you'll figure it out. FedEx management is not your friend. One day hubby is going to come home with a long face and a pink slip....then you'll understand.