Is It Time To Disrupt Operations?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Another fan (sarcasm also intended). Perhaps I will. If I irritate you so much, why are you reading this thread anyway? Self-abuse?

Comic relief.

I also found this classified ad in my local paper this morning:

For sale: FEDEX Ground Distribution Facility, Plattsburgh, NY. Expansion just completed 10 year net lease, 49,780 SF, $6,500,000 (7.5% yield). PRINCIPALS ONLY. Call: 212-372-2054 or email: [email protected]

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Comic relief.

I also found this classified ad in my local paper this morning:

For sale: FEDEX Ground Distribution Facility, Plattsburgh, NY. Expansion just completed 10 year net lease, 49,780 SF, $6,500,000 (7.5% yield). PRINCIPALS ONLY. Call: 212-372-2054 or email: [email protected]

I work for Express. I'm still leaning toward the self-abuse....I'm not that funny.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I see someone broke out his thesaurus this morning--or did you ask your wife what "sarcastic" meant?

Any reason I'm on your sheetlist? Like I said, if you aren't interested in FedEx affairs, stay on your side of the fence. I'm sure my educational resume compares quite favorably with yours.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Any reason I'm on your sheetlist? Like I said, if you aren't interested in FedEx affairs, stay on your side of the fence. I'm sure my educational resume compares quite favorably with yours.

That wasn't for you. That was for the little troll who likes to follow me around this website. Please read the post directly above yours and you will see what I am talking about. I have no beef with you. I admire your enthusiam but liken you to Don Quixote.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Got it. I do more than tilt at windmills at FedEx. Believe it or not, we're actually starting to get people thinking union. Good luck with your troll buddy.

F

FedEx All the Way!

Got it. I do more than tilt at windmills at FedEx. Believe it or not, we're actually starting to get people thinking union. Good luck with your troll buddy.

Keep thinking UNION and get ready to hand over your paycheck every week! When you start handing over your paycheck you'll still be complaining that Fred has taken things away from your retirement!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
People have been thinking that since FedEx's beginning. Upstate is correct.

Wrong. Upstate thinks I'm wasting my time...he isn't bashing unions. Have you ever read Don Quixote? In the beginning FedEx had it right because they paid fairly and treated people with respect.Nobody(including me) wanted a union because there was no need for one. Unfortunately, that formula has changed radically and FedEx is trampling it's people whenever possible. Do a little study on the labor movement in this country and you'll see a pattern of unions emerging where employers took advantage of workers instead of making them partners. When you see that old union bumper sticker that takes credit for both the weekend and the 40 hour workweek, they aren't kidding. Without the union movement there would be no overtime and industrial accidents and injuries would be rampant. A company only gets a union when it deserves one. If FedEx would start behaving responsibly toward it's people there would be no interest in the Teamsters.

F

FedEx All The Way!

I think somebody needs to set him straight - he's so depressing! I'm still waiting for him to quit. You must always try to make to the best of where you work. Trust me, it's not always greener on the other side and with the economy the way it is today, I would be glad to even have a job. Friends of my I care about have been out of work for a while now and are having a hard time making ends meet and he's complaining about FedEx - VERY SAD!
I still can't figure out why he's still around?!?!?!?!?

Lil Comet - thank you.

New Englander

Wrong. Upstate thinks I'm wasting my time...he isn't bashing unions. Have you ever read Don Quixote? In the beginning FedEx had it right because they paid fairly and treated people with respect.Nobody(including me) wanted a union because there was no need for one. Unfortunately, that formula has changed radically and FedEx is trampling it's people whenever possible. Do a little study on the labor movement in this country and you'll see a pattern of unions emerging where employers took advantage of workers instead of making them partners. When you see that old union bumper sticker that takes credit for both the weekend and the 40 hour workweek, they aren't kidding. Without the union movement there would be no overtime and industrial accidents and injuries would be rampant. A company only gets a union when it deserves one. If FedEx would start behaving responsibly toward it's people there would be no interest in the Teamsters.

You seem to have missed our entire point.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your very welcome Fedex all the way!! :peaceful:

What are you two anyway, a tag team? Neither one of you could think your way out of a kindergarten class, yet you insist on trying to beat me up whenever possible. Can't we just agree to disagree and move forward? You can both drink all of the management Kool-Aid you'd like....I won't tell.

SmithBarney

Wrong, monthly union deductions would be less than your weekly health insurance deductions. As for retirement I would never rely on anyone for my retirement, thats why
over 10% goes into my 401k everyweek, plus whatever fred wants to throw in is icing on the cake, and if they give me something when I leave so be it... althouhg I doubt I'll be making FedEx a life career, chances are I'll be back at UPS in 2-3 years time.

Keep thinking UNION and get ready to hand over your paycheck every week! When you start handing over your paycheck you'll still be complaining that Fred has taken things away from your retirement!

LiL"Comet"

Mr. FedEx I will give you two things....

1 Your right I do not know how upper management treats there employees @ fedex

2 I do not know anything about FedEx annual report it's not that I'm not smart enough I don't care to know.

This is what I do know or have come to a opinion on when it comes to you sir...

It takes a pretty Minuit man who would say anything about someones children or bring them into these discussions saying things like you do. That if this is something that's has been going down hill starting 8 yrs ago you are still there, still belly aching, still bitching, still walking through those doors everyday putting up with excuse me I meant still eating ***********************everyday you have no one to blame but yourself. It sounds like your just a person who likes to bitch and gripe about something and not follow through with any amount of action you proclaim to have or going to take.... Its like some one who is 100 lbs over weight that complains all the time about being fat and they want to loose weight.. and still setting there ******* on the couch with biggie fry, 2 double cheese burgers, and lets not forget about the 2 liter Pepsi to wash that healthy meal down instead of getting off that *******and actually doing something called exercise. Most jobs are not perfect but if I was as unhappy as you sound with your career at FedEx I don't give a dang if I had to quite and flip burgers for a living seems you would do so or find something else and it not take you nearly a decade to get out of such a hell hole (I'm not sure if its a hell hole or not but that's what you make it out to be sweetie) So I know the question has been asked to you a dozen times by now.

Seriously why are you still there?? as smart as your are??:smart:

Oh!! almost forgot your right again I'm not employed at FedEx I work for ups (guess doing what) Ya I know you just said to yourself I DONT CARE :p

My brother worked for FedEx about 3 yrs ago for about 6 yrs seen how things were there and decided to go in a different career path, Different strokes for different folks boy I'm glad he did leave cause if he didn't, if he was still there and as unhappy as you are I wouldn't be able to stand to be around him.:angry: Its not healthy to be that way

Look MrFedEx & to all that read these post I do feel sorry for anyone no matter who you may work for if they are doing wrong to their employees. But the problem is that's corp America and they are able to get away with things they shouldn't because of our terrible system. If you ask me almost any politician is worthless their all dirty creeps out for there own pockets. I have very close family that's into political BS, always at meetings yada, yada, you know all the Bull SHEET. I'm somewhat of a black sheep because I don't get involved like I should or even a conversation about politics. I think their worthless and slimy, don't believe in most of what goes own with our wonderful system. Now don't get me wrong I'm very happy for the life as we know here compared to countries but the sad part it could be better all the way around if people are in control of things would be for US instead of their own selfish means. I don't want to personally attack anyone for trying to stand up for what the believe in but simply bashing others (like BCers) is simply not the way to go about it. Like I said we all have jobs that are not perfect by no means (if you do I'm jealous lol) but if we can't somehow make the best out of what we have then get out.. I have voted every year since legal age to do so, I always vote in the primaries and this year may be the first I won't vote, out of faith (good faith that is) Mr. FedEx good luck to you and your family:whiteflag::peaceful:

Oh Mr. FedEx its me just dropping in to say hello to you. I think somebody needs a hug:grounch_day: the good news is I live on a planet the bad news you haven't touched down yet. Have a great day sweet-pea:love:

What are you two anyway, a tag team? Neither one of you could think your way out of a kindergarten class, yet you insist on trying to beat me up whenever possible. Can't we just agree to disagree and move forward? You can both drink all of the management Kool-Aid you'd like....I won't tell.

If you actually read those post to the end before smoke starts coming out your ears and your head start spinning around you would see that the comment you made "Cant we just agree to disagree and move forward". I never said i disagreed with you sweet pea.... I only commented on something you said that's the spiral of doom has been going on for 8 yrs why has it taken you so long to do something to better yourself? I have no idea like i said about FedEx or care to know. I was simply replying to a thank=u that I rec'd, NONE of your business like you say skip over my post don't read them.. I do feel sorry for those who are done wrong by companies that's why every single day when I go to work I treat people like I want to be treated. More power to you on your journey I hope things can get better. Besides I don't drink Kool-aid but my kids do, I like to drink Mo-heat-toes:peaceful: Having one or two maybe its my third now:happy-very:

New Englander

Like I said, there is growing support for a union. If even one person starts to think differently about FedEx, it's worth my effort.

There has always been support for a Union, just not enough. In all honesty your just huffing and puffing. A screen name on a UPS board is going to absolutely do nothing.

Though if coming here and complaining somehow makes your day more manageable, please continue.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There has always been support for a Union, just not enough. In all honesty your just huffing and puffing. A screen name on a UPS board is going to absolutely do nothing.

Though if coming here and complaining somehow makes your day more manageable, please continue.

It's my time and I'll use it as I see fit. Since you left FedEx there has been a major change in employee attitudes toward unions. If coming here to ridicule me somehow makes your life more bearable, please continue.Otherwise, keep it on your side of the fence. You don't know crap about FedEx at the moment.....how long have you been gone?